Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on December 31, 2011
I took this with femdophilus once a day and it cured my reoccurring bacterial vaginosis. I continue to take it daily for the benefits :)
on February 4, 2014
The price is wonderful and the benefits are well worth the commitment to take it daily. This will usually costs a fortune in Walgreens. I have discovered with a daily dose of folic my hair is healthier and my system is balanced. I have a compromised immune system and I truly believe taking this with my daily meds really do help me.
on July 9, 2013
I was surprised to find out folic acid can grow your hair. My hair is growing sooo FAST.And it is cheaper at walmart. I love it sooo much
on June 2, 2012
I have read that some people don't absorb folic acid well, so was considering getting the more expensive kind. Then I got my lab results: 4 months after taking one tab per day of this, my homocysteine went from 13 to 8.2 (Normal is less than 12.) I'll just keep using this.
on May 30, 2013
My doctor recommended I purchase this product and I really works. I was having females issues and I havent had any issues since.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon June 30, 2014
It's shocking that millions of pregnant women are advised to take folic acid, which is synthetic vitamin B9. Research shows it can cause cancer!

Be particularly careful with folic acid here - it can cause cancer as it's synthetic - for more on this, search under the words
"folic acid" + cancer
you really need folate, the natural version of vitamin B9.

In 2009, a study by Norwegian researchers published in JAMA showed increased incidence of lung cancers among those supplementing with folic acid. Other evidence has also suggested prostate and lung cancer incidence might be increased.

The proper, active form is folate (vitamin B9). Also, many people cannot convert folic acid supplements to folate, so make sure to buy only folate supplements.

As Dr Mark Hyman warns: "Man-made molecules do funny, unpredictable things because they don't work with our normal biochemical pathways. Nature made molecules we have consumed for millennia work with our bodies. Folic acid, the molecule that is used to fortify our food supply, is used in most studies and in most vitamins. It is a man-made, funny looking molecule - a fully oxidized, synthetic chemical compound that seems to cause [more] mischief [than good]. It costs less and is more stable than the nature-made form of this nutrient.

"On the other hand, the nature-made form or forms, called "folates," do not seem to cause problems. This molecule is often found in foliage - dark green leafy vegetables, hence the name folate. This can enter your normal biochemical pathways and gets properly metabolized. The folic acid may not be converted or metabolized by the body, increasing cancer and disease risk. The excess folic acid becomes oxidized and promotes free radical production and genetic instability leading to cancer and other disease.

"The nature-made form of this nutrient - called methyl folate (and there are a few forms of that too) - is what should be in food and vitamin supplements. Many conscientious companies are now using only this form of the nutrient, but it is more expensive. Look at your supplement label: if it says "folic acid" then find another vitamin that has the words "L 5 methyl-tetrahydrofolate" or "5 formyl tetrahydrofolate" on the label."
on October 30, 2013
Was told that in addition to being a prenatal staple, Folic Acid was great for immune health, skin, and hair. I have used it for about 3-weeks and have noticed a slight glow to my skin and shinier hair.

Would definitely keep it in my daily routine.
on March 6, 2014
I used this with a probiotic, and the waterworks system sold here on Amazon and 2 days later NO SMELL.........I couldn't believe after suffering for the past few years nothing worked except for a few days and never this fast. Try it you wont regret it
on June 6, 2013
Received Spring Valley's Folic Acid on time and in good condition. I have been taking Folic Acid for many years, I even took it during my pregnancy. It is just an extra boost of B vitamins.
on March 10, 2013
I use a mix of B and D vitamins to help with my blood glucose and it seems to help keep mine in control. The recommended dose is only 2 or 3 a day I believe, but I did research and I take 4 of the 800 mcg tablets a day. I love it!

See 1 answered question