Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on January 23, 2013
Tea tree oil, explains the UWA Tea Tree Oil Research Group, is the essential oil steam distilled from the Australian plant Melaleuca alternifolia (unique to Australia and native to Northern New South Wales). Tea tree oil is usually clear to very pale golden in color and it exudes a fresh, camphor-like scent.

It is often called a "medicine cabinet in a bottle" because it's "effective against bacteria, fungi, and viruses and stimulates the immune system."

Because this oil is so potent, I utilize it by mixing 3 drops of it with 8 oz of water. I use this mixture for manicures, pedicures, and as a hair treatment after washing my hair. It can also be used in the following capacities:

For Health
1. Use a dab to treat acne (Again, I'd dilute it with 8 oz of water, and then dip a cotton ball into it to use).
2. An anti-fungal for treating Athlete's Foot, eczema, various yeast infections (if you're going to use it as a douche, definitely use pre-caution as it can cause irritation if not effectively diluted), etc.
3. An antiseptic to be used on cuts and burns.
4. An anti-viral: it may lessen the symptoms of colds and flu. Try using a few drops in the bath.
5. Add to a vaporizer to loosen chest congestion.
6. Add a small amount to shampoo to destroy head lice.
7. A small amount added to your bath can help with persistent body odor.
8. A small amount to your shampoo and/or conditioner will help in the elimination of dandruff and dry scalp.
9. If you suffer from BV, vaginal odor, or chronic yeast infections, mix 1 teaspoon amount into a douche bottle filled with water and regularly insert it into your vagina for a week, at least three times a day and you'll see results. If your condition is severe, mix 2 teaspoons with a cup of water, and insert a tampon into it. Allow the tampon to absorb the water, then insert it inside your vagina. Leave it on for the remainder of the day (do this preferably at night time prior to going to bed).
10. If you suffer from chronic acne or oily skin, in an empty container, mix one cup of water, 1/3 of witch hazel, and two teaspoons of tea tree oil. Use this mixture as an astringent to remove oil and bacteria from your face at least three times a day.
on August 1, 2010
Cured my toenail fungus. Applied several times/day for first week and then tapered off to several times/day on only one day per week.
on August 3, 2011
I've tried EVERYTHING for my acne, but nothing helped. I put a thin layer of tea tree oil on my face and I saw a difference overnight. It feels nice, fresh, and clean on my face. All other acne treatments are full of chemicals that can harm your skin. This stuff is all natural so it's a lot healthier and better for your skin. If you struggle with stubborn blemishes, I would try this!
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2013
I found that the Spring Valley Tea Tree Oil is MUCH weaker than the Mason Tea Tree Oil. I tried Spring Valley because the price of Mason went up considerably. You can buy the Spring Valley brand at Walmart, I also dicsovered, pretty cheaply. There is a reason for the difference in price between Mason and Spring Valley.
33 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 25, 2015
DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND! I purchased this product in 11/2014 and unfortunately, I did not open it until 02/2015. During this time, the product was sealed and kept in an airtight bag in a dark, cool place. The expiration date is 09/2017. When I needed it, I opened the seal and used it. The product smelled STRONGLY of fish oil and only very faintly of tea tree oil. When I applied it to my skin, I did not feel any of the light tingling that always occurs after the application of tea tree oil to skin. I have purchased MANY brands of tea tree oil in the past. All of them have kept their effectiveness for many years. Tea tree oil has natural antiviral and antibiotic properties. There is no reason for the product to "go bad" in three months. I contacted Amazon, and they were only willing to refund me a small percentage of the purchase price, since more than 30 days have passed. They suggested I contact the seller. The seller responded quickly, but told me they were unwilling to refund any portion of the purchase price after 30 days, and suggested I contact the manufacturer. This product was defective, and the seller was unwilling to back up the purchase. I recommend that you buy a different brand. I will be avoiding all products by this manufacturer forever.
on August 22, 2013
I use this to treat my acne. I have never had acne until my mid 20's and then boom.... here they were. Luckily I have found that a combonation between this and castor oil is the trick for my acne. I scrub my face and get all my makeup off and them use a cotton ball with the tea tree oil on it all over my face. It does sting but its a good sting. The smell is strong but you get use to it. Then I put a thin layer of castor oil on my face as a moisturizer. This has been so good for my skin.
on July 24, 2014
This stuff is pretty amazing. It is the only thing that has stopped the constant shedding of hair that I have. I was using prescription topicals for the incredible itch and inflammation of the scalp that only help a little and in two days of use, the itching stopped and the constant shedding of hair throughout the day went away. When I run my fingers through my hair I don't end up with anything on my hand! This hasn't happened in months. Plus, I've used some on some eczema that wouldn't go away and that stuff was gone in ONE application and hasn't come back, no repeat application. I am ordering some more right now.
on July 8, 2013
I've suffered from acne for years and tried everything from Proactiv to prescriptions from the dermatologist. I thought maybe it would be time to try a more natural approach since I also have sensitive, oily skin. I use this in conjuction with grape seed oil and lavander oil. Grape seed oil is a carrier oil and is also a great moisturizer that doesn't clog your pores. The lavander oil helps control sebum production. I use about 6 drops of grape seed oil with 2 drops each of tea tree oil and lavander oil. This has dramatically helped my skin and acne. My ance is almost gone, and the oil production is decreased. Before using essential oils, you should check out aromaweb.com. This site has a list of what each oil does, what you can and can't use it with, and oils to stay away from if you have certain conditions like high blood pressure. It's also good to talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 28, 2012
Tea Tree Oil is wonderful for a variety of things in my home from treating blemishes, adding this to my homemade cleaning/disinfecting sprays, adding a few drops to questionable laundry, antiseptic purposes, boil/abcess treatment, cleaning brushes and makeup brushes with a few drops of this, some water and a drop of liquid handsoap, and most recently, I put some of this on a tick that was on my husband's foot after doing some yard work. I knew not to pull it off, as it was already attached, so I quickly grabbed this and squeezed some drops from a cotton ball onto the tick. (Apparantly, it didn't like it and willingly unattached itself in an effort to get away from the tea tree oil, where it proceeded to get squashed in a tissue and flushed). I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes to have multipurpose, natural products on hand that last quite a while, as it only takes a few drops per use.
The smell of tea tree oil reminds me of turpentine, with a very slight green plant smell, in case you have never smelled it. It is strong, and antiseptic-smelling for sure. However, I can deal with it for all of the benefits it provides. It is worth noting that this bottle does not come with a dropper, so you may want to invest in a glass dropper specifically for this, as it would be very easy to pour out too much.
on December 18, 2012
Been using this tea tree oil mixed with oil of lavender for 4 months as a cure for toe nail fungus. It works and the problem is almost solved. Tryed all medications and even perscripitions and none worked as well. I am happy to say my 10 year struggle is almost over.