5.0 out of 5 stars A Healthy Alternative To Everything...
Tea tree oil, explains the UWA Tea Tree Oil Research Group, is the essential oil steam distilled from the Australian plant Melaleuca alternifolia (unique to Australia and native to Northern New South Wales). Tea tree oil is usually clear to very pale golden in color and it exudes a fresh, camphor-like scent.

It is often called a "medicine cabinet in a bottle"...
Published 22 months ago by blacknerd

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak
I found that the Spring Valley Tea Tree Oil is MUCH weaker than the Mason Tea Tree Oil. I tried Spring Valley because the price of Mason went up considerably. You can buy the Spring Valley brand at Walmart, I also dicsovered, pretty cheaply. There is a reason for the difference in price between Mason and Spring Valley.
Published 21 months ago by L. Bruffey

5.0 out of 5 stars A Healthy Alternative To Everything..., January 23, 2013
This review is from: Spring Valley Pharmaceutical Grade Tea Tree Oil 2 fl oz (Health and Beauty)

It is often called a "medicine cabinet in a bottle" because it's "effective against bacteria, fungi, and viruses and stimulates the immune system."

Because this oil is so potent, I utilize it by mixing 3 drops of it with 8 oz of water. I use this mixture for manicures, pedicures, and as a hair treatment after washing my hair. It can also be used in the following capacities:

For Health
1. Use a dab to treat acne (Again, I'd dilute it with 8 oz of water, and then dip a cotton ball into it to use).
2. An anti-fungal for treating Athlete's Foot, eczema, various yeast infections (if you're going to use it as a douche, definitely use pre-caution as it can cause irritation if not effectively diluted), etc.
3. An antiseptic to be used on cuts and burns.
4. An anti-viral: it may lessen the symptoms of colds and flu. Try using a few drops in the bath.
5. Add to a vaporizer to loosen chest congestion.
6. Add a small amount to shampoo to destroy head lice.
7. A small amount added to your bath can help with persistent body odor.
8. A small amount to your shampoo and/or conditioner will help in the elimination of dandruff and dry scalp.
9. If you suffer from BV, vaginal odor, or chronic yeast infections, mix 1 teaspoon amount into a douche bottle filled with water and regularly insert it into your vagina for a week, at least three times a day and you'll see results. If your condition is severe, mix 2 teaspoons with a cup of water, and insert a tampon into it. Allow the tampon to absorb the water, then insert it inside your vagina. Leave it on for the remainder of the day (do this preferably at night time prior to going to bed).
10. If you suffer from chronic acne or oily skin, in an empty container, mix one cup of water, 1/3 of witch hazel, and two teaspoons of tea tree oil. Use this mixture as an astringent to remove oil and bacteria from your face at least three times a day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Oil, August 1, 2010
Cured my toenail fungus. Applied several times/day for first week and then tapered off to several times/day on only one day per week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for acne-prone skin, August 3, 2011
I've tried EVERYTHING for my acne, but nothing helped. I put a thin layer of tea tree oil on my face and I saw a difference overnight. It feels nice, fresh, and clean on my face. All other acne treatments are full of chemicals that can harm your skin. This stuff is all natural so it's a lot healthier and better for your skin. If you struggle with stubborn blemishes, I would try this!

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak, February 10, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Grreat product, May 23, 2012
This is a great product and works for all kinds of things. I used for ingrown toe nail fungus, but it is great for all sorts of things. Tt is actually cheaper at Walmart.com. and cheaper shipping, FYI

5.0 out of 5 stars New Use: Make Ticks Drop Off/Multipurpose For Skin and Household, August 28, 2012
Tea Tree Oil is wonderful for a variety of things in my home from treating blemishes, adding this to my homemade cleaning/disinfecting sprays, adding a few drops to questionable laundry, antiseptic purposes, boil/abcess treatment, cleaning brushes and makeup brushes with a few drops of this, some water and a drop of liquid handsoap, and most recently, I put some of this on a tick that was on my husband's foot after doing some yard work. I knew not to pull it off, as it was already attached, so I quickly grabbed this and squeezed some drops from a cotton ball onto the tick. (Apparantly, it didn't like it and willingly unattached itself in an effort to get away from the tea tree oil, where it proceeded to get squashed in a tissue and flushed). I would highly recommend this to anyone who likes to have multipurpose, natural products on hand that last quite a while, as it only takes a few drops per use.
The smell of tea tree oil reminds me of turpentine, with a very slight green plant smell, in case you have never smelled it. It is strong, and antiseptic-smelling for sure. However, I can deal with it for all of the benefits it provides. It is worth noting that this bottle does not come with a dropper, so you may want to invest in a glass dropper specifically for this, as it would be very easy to pour out too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars My cure for acne, July 8, 2013
Ashley Y. (Chillicothe, Ohio) - See all my reviews
I've suffered from acne for years and tried everything from Proactiv to prescriptions from the dermatologist. I thought maybe it would be time to try a more natural approach since I also have sensitive, oily skin. I use this in conjuction with grape seed oil and lavander oil. Grape seed oil is a carrier oil and is also a great moisturizer that doesn't clog your pores. The lavander oil helps control sebum production. I use about 6 drops of grape seed oil with 2 drops each of tea tree oil and lavander oil. This has dramatically helped my skin and acne. My ance is almost gone, and the oil production is decreased. Before using essential oils, you should check out aromaweb.com. This site has a list of what each oil does, what you can and can't use it with, and oils to stay away from if you have certain conditions like high blood pressure. It's also good to talk to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonder remedy for cold sores!, October 25, 2011
Yesterday I got a really bad cold sore. I have tried different kinds of medicine for those, like Abreva, but nothing really helped. Then I did a research online and learned that tea tree oil is the best treatment for cold sores, plus it is all natural. I just put some on, and to my surprise, the cold sores are already drying up an hour later. I cannot believe my eyes!!! From now on that's the only remedy I will use for those nasty cold sores. I heard it helps acne too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Effective, March 31, 2013
After trying Monistat to no avail, I researched tea tree oil and decided to give it a try. I love this stuff. Just a tiny amount clears up a YI within a day or two - sometimes overnight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats all, December 18, 2012
Been using this tea tree oil mixed with oil of lavender for 4 months as a cure for toe nail fungus. It works and the problem is almost solved. Tryed all medications and even perscripitions and none worked as well. I am happy to say my 10 year struggle is almost over.