Top positive review
73 people found this helpful
A Healthy Alternative To Everything...
on January 23, 2013
Tea tree oil, explains the UWA Tea Tree Oil Research Group, is the essential oil steam distilled from the Australian plant Melaleuca alternifolia (unique to Australia and native to Northern New South Wales). Tea tree oil is usually clear to very pale golden in color and it exudes a fresh, camphor-like scent.
It is often called a "medicine cabinet in a bottle" because it's "effective against bacteria, fungi, and viruses and stimulates the immune system."
Because this oil is so potent, I utilize it by mixing 3 drops of it with 8 oz of water. I use this mixture for manicures, pedicures, and as a hair treatment after washing my hair. It can also be used in the following capacities:
1. Use a dab to treat acne (Again, I'd dilute it with 8 oz of water, and then dip a cotton ball into it to use).
2. An anti-fungal for treating Athlete's Foot, eczema, various yeast infections (if you're going to use it as a douche, definitely use pre-caution as it can cause irritation if not effectively diluted), etc.
3. An antiseptic to be used on cuts and burns.
4. An anti-viral: it may lessen the symptoms of colds and flu. Try using a few drops in the bath.
5. Add to a vaporizer to loosen chest congestion.
6. Add a small amount to shampoo to destroy head lice.
7. A small amount added to your bath can help with persistent body odor.
8. A small amount to your shampoo and/or conditioner will help in the elimination of dandruff and dry scalp.
9. If you suffer from BV, vaginal odor, or chronic yeast infections, mix 1 teaspoon amount into a douche bottle filled with water and regularly insert it into your vagina for a week, at least three times a day and you'll see results. If your condition is severe, mix 2 teaspoons with a cup of water, and insert a tampon into it. Allow the tampon to absorb the water, then insert it inside your vagina. Leave it on for the remainder of the day (do this preferably at night time prior to going to bed).
10. If you suffer from chronic acne or oily skin, in an empty container, mix one cup of water, 1/3 of witch hazel, and two teaspoons of tea tree oil. Use this mixture as an astringent to remove oil and bacteria from your face at least three times a day.