Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on September 23, 2012
240 pills for less than $13?!? Whaaat?!?? I know, it's awesome.

I've been taking this prenatal pill for the last three years and I love it! When we found out it was going to take us a long time to get pregnant, I knew I needed an inexpensive prenatal pill since I'd be taking them for a while. This was by far the best deal I found. I bought them, started taking them and thought nothing of it. Once I became pregnant, my doctor gave me a huge bag of samples to try other prenatal pills. I figured I'd give it a shot because maybe there would be a better one out there for my baby. Almost all the pills she gave me made me SO nauseous and/or had a horrible taste. I couldn't believe how lucky I had been to have found a non-nausea prenatal pill on my first try! I did find one that didn't make me sick, but when I compared it to this one, the Spring Valley prenatal pill had far higher levels of all of the vitamins than the other one. And actually when she asked me which one I picked, I told her I went back to my old one and showed her what I was taking. After looking at it she asked me why I'd even bothered to try to switch!

I highly recommend this pill as your prenatal - it's a good size (not huge like so many prenatal pills are!) and there's no weird taste or nausea issues with this pill! I've recommended this to a LOT of my friends over the past few years and NONE of them experienced any nausea with this pill and the vitamins levels were higher in this pill than any of their previous prenatal pills.

The only reason I ever thought about switching my prenatal was when I learned about the important of DHA and this prenatal does not have DHA in it. Then I learned that it is far better to take a regular prenatal with a DHA supplement than to find an "all-in-one" pill because they cut corners in vitamins/nutrients when they put it all together. Plus I've never found an all-in-one prenatal with DHA pill that didn't make me SO nauseous and/or have a weird fishy taste. I strongly recommend Spectrum Essentials Prenatal DHA Softgels, 60 Count Bottle as a great DHA supplement. I take one with my Spring Valley prenatal every morning.

It is so important to have a prenatal that has high levels of everything you need and doesn't make you nauseous because during that first trimester you will often be lucky to eat at all, or keep down what you eat - forget about a well-balanced diet! My husband used to hover over me and beg me to eat better for the baby, but I could barely keep down saltine crackers. I finally showed him the vitamin levels on my prenatal pill and he stopped bugging me constantly about my diet, and instead would just check to make sure I took my pill, then leave me alone. So worth it! :)

Here are the vitamin levels for you straight off the bottle: (the percentages are the percentages of the daily value as recommended for pregnant/lactating women)
Vitamin A 4000 IU - 50% (100% as beta-carotene)
Vitamin C 120mg - 200%
Vitamin B12 8mcg - 100%
Calcium 200mg - 15%
Iron 28mg - 156%
Zinc 25mg - 167%

Vitamins are gluten free but do contain soy.

The one thing you'll notice is there is not a lot of calcium in this vitamin. A doctor told me it is highly preferred to get calcium from milk or yogurt (chocolate pudding or ice cream, anyone??) rather than a pill, so most prenatals tend to be low in calcium, but there are calcium supplements out there if you struggle with getting that in your diet. Calcium supplements are very cheap.

Honestly, the price is unmatched, the pills don't make you nauseous, and the vitamin levels are fantastic - you can't go wrong here.

Best of luck to you!
on February 5, 2013
I admit it. I'm not pregnant or trying to get pregnant... I'm getting married and was looking for a way to have beautiful hair and nails for my wedding. These puppies DO IT.

I could tell within weeks of starting to take these vitamins that they were effective. Changes in my nails was most notable. My hair and nails grow WAY faster and are definitely stronger... maybe an atypical review, but I had to share!
on May 5, 2014
I'm the type of person that researches everything and loves spreadsheets! So, when I started looking for a good prenatal vitamin to take when TTC, I made a spreadsheet of several different brands so I could compare. I researched the best sources that some of the included nutrients should be coming from and the recommended daily amount for each (I'll spare you the novel and let you do that research for yourself). These vitamins won hands down over 10+ others, including some very common/ popular ones.
I didn't compare prices until afterwards though because I didn't want price to weigh my decision on picking the best for me/ my unborn child. But, these were the cheapest ones on my list, too- so it definitely was a nice bonus.
The only thing they don't have is DHA; BUT, I also read that DHA is actually best when delivered separately instead of an 'all-in-one' (another thing for you to research on your own if you're intrigued. It'll be good for you). But, considering the price for these, I was able to buy a separate DHA (Spectrum Essentials DHA Softgels 200mg, also off of Amazon) vitamin and both still cost less together than some other prenatal or prenatal/ DHA combo vitamins.
I've been taking these for about a year now (8 mos pregnant! :) ) and haven't had any problems out of them. I started taking them in the mornings and had no trouble, but I switched to before bed just because I remembered to take them better at that time. I took them with or without food at both times and never noticed any side effects.
I've had pretty, healthy hair and nails since starting these, too.
on August 3, 2013
I guess it's working lol. My iron levels are fine and I'm getting nutrients. I take these in place of a daily multi-vitamin. No complaints. Does not give me an upset stomach or anything. You don't need to spend $40 on a one month supply of prenatal vitamins; they all work the same and have the same ingredients (for the most part). Prompt delivery and the expiration date is good.
on January 11, 2013
Loved these prenatal vitamins. One of the few that didn't make me sick. I had a nice healthy 9 lb boy, so obviously they worked well! Kept using them after baby while nursing and will probably buy again just to use as a multivitamin. Very pleased with these at a great price.
on April 7, 2014
Good value here. Took them while I was pregnant with twins and still take them while breast feeding today. My nails continue to grow fast and my hair is still strong. Definitely recommended.
on March 29, 2016
Just ran out of my prenatals and I'm still nursing so I decided to order more. These seemed like the best value for the price and compared to the more expensive ones, they have the same (or higher) amounts of each vitamin so I am confident that they're doing a great job. My nutrient levels seem to be doing well and coupled with a good diet, I'm sure that my baby is getting everything he needs without me sacrificing my health in the process. Hair and nails look great and very strong so far! All good signs.
on April 20, 2012
I have a hard time with zinc. When I consume zinc, even in small quantities, it makes me feel ill. These are the first prenatal vitamins I've found that do not make me feel ill. They are great! And you can't beat the quantity/price!
on September 18, 2013
I have been using these as a regular multivitamin and I have been pleasantly surprised. I usually get lightheaded and nauseous after swallowing vitamins and I have tried many. These pills are easy to swallow and do not cause any stomach upset! Plus the value is amazing.
on January 2, 2013
Only have to take one a day and it doesn't leave me gagging with that aftertaste I've gotten from other prenatal pills. I don't believe it contains DHA which my ob recommended so I have to take an additional Omega-3 supplement.