Published 13 months ago by Steve Ramm

2.0 out of 5 stars a disappointment
I was expecting Springsteen singing but this is mostly fan tributes. There is however, some singing in the bonus material, most notable a couple of duets with Paul McCartney singing early Beatles songs.
Published 9 months ago by Richard Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars LOTs of great performance footage + 35 minutes more in HD - And it's "Bruce Authorized", November 1, 2013
This review is from: Springsteen & I [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This BD is a MUST for Springsteen fans, pure and simple. And it's not just because of the 77-minute "film" which was compiled from homemade videos (with some high quality equipment) made by fans around the globe, but because of the inserted "archival performance footage" in the film and the bonus features - including a 35-minute compilation of HD vide of five songs that Bruce and the E-streeters performed at the 2012 Hard Rock Calling concert in London. Add another 28 minutes of interviews with some of the "fan filmmakers" and four short "tributes to Bruce" that didn't make the main feature and there is a lot of music here, mostly in HD. This was a "Bruce authorized" project and he meets the winning filmmakers at the end. The executive Producer is Ridley Scott ("Blade Runner" and more!).

The great surprises are when a fan tells their story of how they "met Bruce" and then the archivists dig up high quality footage (usually) of that moment.

You don't have to be a Bruce fan to love this package (well, not everyone is a fan, as a really funny moment in the film shows) but, if you are, you NEED this BD.

Note that while most other DVDs and Blu-rays from Eagle Vision include a booklet with notes and photos, there is no insert in this package.

I hope you found this review both informative and helpful.

Steve Ramm
"Anything Phonographic"

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining look at the fans of the boss, October 26, 2013
Andres C. Salama (Buenos Aires, Argentina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Springsteen & I [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This entertaining documentary film concentrates on die hard Bruce Springsteen fans: they tell us why they love the Boss so much and what are the sources of their fanaticism. Intercalated with interviews to the fans, are segments of concerts of Bruce. Sometimes, the fans appear in the clips: in perhaps the best segment, a fan who is also an Elvis impersonator narrates the time he got to sing with the boss in a concert after writing on a placard "can the king sing with the boss", and sure enough, the film shows footage of that very funny episode. Another segments I enjoyed: 1) Bruce's impromptu gig with a street musician; 2) a pretty, articulate young Asian woman who works as a truck driver (!) speaks of her love for Bruce and how he talks for people like her in blue collar jobs who do the tough physical job in society; 3) a British fan tells the story of how he was able to get front row seats for a concert in Madison Square Garden; 4) a young Bruce on a concert early on his career (a career that is now more than 40 years old!!) singing folk very much in the style of Bob Dylan. This film is not just for Bruce fans, though surely they would enjoy it most.

5.0 out of 5 stars For Springsteen fans only, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Springsteen & I [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
If you are a big Bruce Springsteen fan, you will see yourself in many of the "characters" in this film as they express their feelings about Bruce. This is a love fest. When I left the theater, I felt I knew all of the people that shared their experiences.

This movie is worth watching just for "The Philly Elvis." No spoiler here. This is a must see for any Bruce fan.

I have NOT seen the DVD released version and I am hoping it includes the all important epilogue where Bruce meets many of the people from the movie. Showtime did NOT air the epilogue, nor the the bonus tracks from Hyde Park. The DVD has a TRT of 1:46, so SOMETHING has been added as the original movie itself is a mere 1:15 or so.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must own for any Springsteen fan., November 4, 2013
C. Overton (Fredericksburg, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Springsteen & I [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
A fantastic release. For a Springsteen fan this is an emotional roller coaster as it is through our eyes that this film is produced. I was worried the experience would be somehow lessened watching it at home after experiencing it in the theater with a crowd of other fans. My concerns were quickly dispelled as I slipped on my headphones and sank into this movie at home. I realized it wasn't just about the crowd and fans I was with, it gave me the opportunity to be more directly joined with the stories in the film and reflect on my own Springsteen connections.

The BD version is the same presentation as in the theater with four extra fan stories added as bonus features. Admittedly, I wouldn't have missed them. But if you haven't seen it, do not bypass the bonus footage from Hard Rock Calling 2012. Nils' solo in Because the Night is one of he most powerful guitar solo's I have ever seen.

I predict that I will viewing this film quite frequently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks like DVD/Blu-ray version will be same as the theatrical plus more, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Springsteen & I [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Think you must be correct about the time of the Showtime version verses the DVD/BD release, JB. This is a post from the Bruce fanzine Backstreets' site: "Eagle Rock Entertainment will release Springsteen & I in DVD and Blu-Ray formats on October 29. Based on what the audience saw at the recent big-screen Blu-Ray preview benefiting The Friends of The Bruce Springsteen Special Collection, the DVD/Blu-Ray will include everything featured in the film's initial theatrical screenings in July. That would be the complete documentary, six filmed performances from the 2012 Hard Rock Calling show (including Paul McCartney's appearance) and a brief, funny and moving epilogue to the documentary that involves Bruce meeting some of the fans featured in the film. As an additional bonus feature, there also will be several more fan-submitted clips that didn't make the final cut of Springsteen & I. The clips will be viewable in a separate suite of clips, concluding with the theatrical epilogue." Certainly hope that's the case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Trucker girl here, November 24, 2013
This review is from: Springsteen & I (DVD)
I am the trucker girl in this movie. Can't speak for the rest of the movie, 'cause I haven't seen it (too nervous to see/hear myself in a movie), but I can assure you this movie is made with contributions from real fans! I sent in the video that I made on my cellphone during a layover...and they used it! Well, maybe someday I'll have the courage to see it. For now I'll just get the 2014 Bruce calendar and stare at that. 10-4. I love you Bruce!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars a disappointment, March 1, 2014
Richard Harris (Manhattan, KS United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars I think BRUCE fans will enjoy this, January 18, 2014
DAN F. (JONESTOWN , PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Springsteen & I (DVD)
I`m a longtime Bruce fan, 84 concerts, in 7 countries, since 1978, I enjoyed the way people told their stories, and then the stories were followed up with the actual footage from the concerts, and most of the testimonials were pretty good. I wished the movie itself, would have been a little longer, considering they received 2,000 fan responses. When I saw the movie premier, in Harrisburg, PA, the Philly Elvis was in the theatre, with his posse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, January 12, 2014
Maureen (Hogansburg, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Springsteen & I (DVD)
It is great to know what other people think Bruce and have a little in depth of how they feel. He has been my hero and Role model in life. His music is the best and I listen to it all the time,

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this if you want to have your heart warmed., December 16, 2013
This review is from: Springsteen & I (DVD)
Glory Days! What an anthem! God has blessed us with Bruce. This presentation far better than anything tried before. Buy it and be prepared to love it.

Springsteen & I [Blu-ray]
Springsteen & I [Blu-ray] by Bruce Springsteen (Blu-ray - 2013)
$19.98 $13.39