Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 19, 2012
I just received my copy of this amazing book! Followers of Heather's blog [...] will recognize many of the desserts featured in this book but will be pleasantly surprised to find some new and beautiful treats!

For those that are looking for just a recipe book, this is probably not for you. Although it is filled with fun and creative recipes (as well as recipes for basic cookies, cakes, fondant, icings, etc) this book is a how-to on baking and decorating artful desserts. Heather exceeds all expectations and has truly developed something that the everyday baker can use to further their artistic skills to make unique and awe-inspiring desserts. This is not your typical "how to frost a cupcake" kind of book - be prepared to really go outside the box to create edible works of art.
on April 23, 2012
As other reviewers have noted, this is NOT a typical how-to-bake-a-cake book (although if you need help with that, you'll certainly find it!). Heather is a true artist, and brings a unique perspective to the world of sugary confections. Her stunning (and tasty!) creations are creatively presented and impeccably photographed, but also approachable enough for someone who has zero baking skills or instincts (*ahem*, ME). If you're a fan of her whimsical, colorful, lighthearted blog, you'll find even more to love in the version on paper, because Heather takes you through all the foundational elements of art and baking so that you can apply those techniques to ALL of the delightful recipes both in the book and on her blog.

So if you're looking to move away from standard cupcakes, then you'll love trying out such inventive recipes as Sweet Coconut Sushi with Chocolate 'Soy' Sauce or Matcha White Chocolate Cheesecake. And if you've ever wondered how to take inspiration from design and pop culture and apply it to the art of baking, then look no further than the Marikmekko Cookies, Dale Chihuly-Inspired Candy Nesting Bowls, and Mad Hatter Marshmallow Pops.

And the icing on the proverbial cake is Heather's down-to-earth writing style and sweet Southern disposition. Trust me, you WON'T be disappointed!
on June 25, 2012
I follow the Sprinklebakes blog and I love it. So naturally I was so excited about her 1st cook book and she did not disappoint. I have made several recipes from her book and they were delicious, but there was a show stopping recipe....BANANA PUDDING CAKE. What?!?!?! When I made this cake for my family, they went bananas! Her instructions are easy to follow and the results are outstanding. Great Job Heather!
on May 30, 2012
I have not been able to separate myself from this book since buying it two weeks ago. Here's why:

A Great Reference for Beginners: Many of Heather's recipes are great for beginners. She includes recipes for simple sugar cookies, homemade fondant, several kinds of icing, and even a list of stencils in the back for those just beginning to play with colored fondant, the painting of food, and the sculpting of icing as a medium. In many ways the cookbook is advanced too-you'll see lovely macaroons, meticulously hand-painted cookies, and a slew of other jaw-dropping recipes.

Visually Inspiring: to say that Heather's baked goods are more like art would be an understatement. In fact, Heather's baked goods are art. As the title suggests, her approach to baking takes a cue from her past history as a painter and photographer and inspires readers on how to bring that background to something as everyday as cookies and cakes. See pages on brush strokes and the different kinds of candy dough to get an idea of just how malleable this baking "art" form can be.

A Primer on Baking Equipment, Art Supplies, and Decorating Tools: Sometimes, it can be hard to imagine just how Heather gets such amazing results for her blog. With the opening pages of the Sprinkle Bakes Cookbook, you get a sense for what works and what doesn't. As I'm always advocating the use of a silpat in my own kitchen, it's fun to see that Heather uses parchment paper for her work instead. Plus, I can take advice from Heather's other tools like Rolling-Pin Guide Bands or Piping Tip Brushes.
on December 29, 2012
I had this cookbook on the top of my wishlist for Christmas, and was super excited when my brother got it for me. I love her blog, and her recipes are over-the-top-amazing. Flipping through the book, there are a lot of great recipes, and even though there are a lot of pictures, there seems to be hardly any pictures of the finished product. This makes me a little sad, and put off from the book.

It's a wonderfully different cookbook, though. This is the first I've seen a cookbook talk about the art of baking and it's possible for anyone to do anything in this book. It even includes templates for some of the recipes.

There are a lot of recipes from her blog, which actually I'm happy about. Just because it's on her blog doesn't mean it shouldn't be in her book. I was very happy to see the edible spoons and Queen of Heart cookies because they are beautiful and it saves me the printer paper and ink to print out a recipe.

If you're a fan of the blog, I say get the book! It's stunning and helpful, but I am being sour about the lack of finished product pictures for some of the recipes. I don't see myself making anything yet out of the book, but one day I'm going to buy a set of paintbrushes and get started. =o]
on June 25, 2012
I am so happy I got this cookbook. I don't buy many, but this one deserves a spot on my shelf! There are basic recipes for all of the things you might consider using for decorative baking, and then there are loads of pictoral instructions on decorating options way more interesting than fondant + frosting. Heather Baird's notes on each cake and cookie type help avoid many of the problems first time bakers encounter with these recipes and are bits of golden common sense you usually have to learn from Grandma. I am so very pleased. :)
VINE VOICEon July 16, 2012
For a cake, cookie & desert book with artistic license this is a great book.

For starters despite the lovely and elegant look of all of these deserts each and every one of the recipe/projects is completely within the realm of realism for even a beginner to create - and feel pretty darn proud of the results.

Ms. Baird provides a wonderful & easy to understand primer for even the luddite baker: providing decent foundation recipes: Madeira Cake & Almond cakes which are easy to sculpt. and tips for simple tricks with elaborate results: stamped impressions on rice paper to create the sophisticated postcard cookies and a bottle neck to make realistic mushroom cookies. To sculpting simple but eloquent hardy candy desert bowls and decorations.

Most desert decorating books are overwhelming and can leave me feeling wistful rather than inspired. Ms. Baird gave me an entire book of lovely options that excited me and left me believing I can totally do anything in this book.

Loving this book from beginning to end and highly recommend.
on January 15, 2013
I admit, I'm a fan of Sprinklebakes the blog. I bought the book, because the blog is fantastic. This book does not disappoint. There are plenty of new things, besides some that I have seen online.

I'm very picky about cookbooks, I won't buy anything that doesn't have photos and I prefer books with photos for each recipe. Heather goes beyond that, each recipe has a full color photo and several of the more challenging ones have several step-by-step photos (especially helpful are the macaron instructions!).

I'm an advanced baker and I've tried several of her recipes with great success. My sister who is a dabbler was able to successfully create macarons on her first try because of the clear and easy instructions.

Would absolutely recommend.
on July 23, 2012
Just rcvd the book through the post. The book is amazing at first sight, the pages are full of colorful tastes. I have not read the book yet, but i have no doubt regarding Heather's writing & baking & arting skills, since i do follow her blog. The reason why i post this comment is its super-fast delivery. Living in Turkey and rcvd in 12 business days though with the cheapest international freight. It was supposed to be 18-32 workings days, so i was just suprised and much happy with this delivery. Thanx !!!
on December 2, 2013
Gave to my daughter and she LOVES IT! The recipes are unusual and the full color photos are excellent. A great gift for someone who enjoys baking. Some recipes call for ingredients not in every cabinet; however, none of the recipes appear to be outrageously difficult.