Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 27, 2013
I purchased this very unique cookbook for my 12 year old granddaughter, who loves everything SPRINKLED, and she flipped over the book. The directions are clear, photos appealing, and every meal/snack imaginable has been transformed--even pancakes and french toast.

BTW. Since I am of British decent, I've been introducing my granddaughters to tea time--ceremonial tea time (not the pour cold water into the cup, slap in a tea bag, and nuke it in the microwave oven type of tea time). Many of the baking ideas in this text I'm sure will add to the fun we are having together.
on October 25, 2013
I've made it through the first few chapters of this book, and so far I am inspired, educated, and amazed.

I entertain regularly and am always looking for ways to catch the attention of my guests. The recipes in this book range from breakfast to dinner to drinks. I was quite honestly surprised that this isn't just a book about decorating desserts, its a book about creating easy yet attention getting items for just about any event through the creative use of anything that can be sprinkled, dusted, rolled, or stenciled.

The first couple of chapters educated me about ingredients and items I didn't even know existed, but that I can't wait to use. I found it not only informative, but the author's writing style is fun and unpretentious...and the pictures are simply awe inspiring.

The first recipe I used was a wonderful one for fruit leathers with gold star sprinkles. I had just taken a trip to an orchard and was teaching my nephew how to make apple sauces, fruit leathers, etc... He was able to follow the recipe on his own and the results were fantastic.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who entertains or wants to get young people interested in cooking or baking.
VINE VOICEon December 11, 2013
A fantastic reference and instruction book on how to use, and in some cases even make(!), sprinkles and other colorful decorations. I have to admit that my ideas for using sprinkles were limited to Christmas cookies, and cupcakes. That was it. What Alpers does in this book is provide the reader with ideas on how to incorporate these decorations into drinks, fruit leathers, cookies, pops, etc., etc. Artistry is not my strong suit when it comes to cooking or baking anything, so I love a good book like this one full of eye-catching and creative ideas that leave people impressed and feeling special because of the effort you put into making something for them. I particularly recommend this book for those who are or wish to be cooking more with their children - this really is like finger painting and coloring, only with sprinkles.

The photography is beautiful and makes me want to get in the kitchen and make everything that was photographed, another big plus in a cookbook. If you want a better idea of the contents, click on the "Look Inside" option at the top of the page. I'm glad that more Amazon books have this option, because it was key in my purchase of this book.
on January 16, 2014
Hi all, this is a great little book but has an editing error - several of the recipes call for tempering chocolate, and the recipe for that is listed as being on page 77. However, that's the wrong page number. I emailed the author and got an immediate reply - tempering recipe is on page 78, apparently a printer's error. 5 stars to the author, not to mention the wonderful photography.

A lovely book with loads of fun ideas and some very yummy sounding recipes too. Amazon is definitely benefiting from my purchase of this book as I've now bought a TON of jimmies from them!
on July 14, 2015
i made the cake on cover and everyone loved it. I wish there were more surprising recipes but mostly were just sprinkling the sprinkles on cupcakes
I am not sure what I expected when I think of it, as after all, it is a book on sprinkles. There are many varieties which i was not aware of.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 8, 2014
This is such a fun book! Everyone loves Sprinkles! (don’t they?). I think they are such a simple way to add a whimsical touch to baked goods. My favorites are the rainbow sprinkles, but there are ideas for all different colors and shapes of the decorations.
One creative use of sprinkles was the embroidered sugar cookies, which use individual jimmies to make flower patterns on top of the frosted cookies. My daughter really wants to try that technique. I have made the party spoons which are filled with chocolate and then covered with sixlets and they are perfect for stirring in hot cocoa. For St. Patrick’s Day, we are planning to make the sweetheart popcorn, but I’ll use rainbow sprinkles instead of the red and heart ones.
on October 5, 2014
Sprinkles! is a treasure trove of amazingly creative recipes and stunning life-like photographs. Even if you lack a sweet tooth, this extraordinary book belongs in your life. Buy a copy for your kitchen; buy another one for your living room coffee table. The recipes range from the serious to the whimsical-- all illustrated with award-winning photographer Jackie Alpers’ gorgeous camera artistry.
on May 1, 2014
This book is full of beautiful photographs, but I am disappointed in the recipes. Like the "Sprinkle Butter" is exactly that. Butter mixed with honey and sprinkles. Not much of a recipe, in my opinion. Or the "Hot Chocolate Stir Sticks" which is basically a marshmallow dipped in chocolate and sprinkles. Sure these recipes would be cute for a little girl's birthday party or tea party, but I don't have children and doubt I'll be making either on a regular basis. The whole book is basically filled with unimpressive recipes with sprinkles thrown in. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that.
on October 23, 2013
If you want to bring something sparkly to the Holiday Party this year, Sprinkles! is the place to start. This cookbook is ridiculously charming. Beautifully photographed, each page will make you stop, smile and think; "What a great recipe idea!" It's so creative yet simple that I want to try a lot of these recipes and I don't even like to cook! A few favorites: "I Love Sprinkles Butter", "Holiday Cake Pops", "Orange Dreamsicle Cookies" and a "Birthday Cake Martini".

It has a lot of great recipes for foodie gift-giving too. My backpacking friends might get home made fruit leather with edible glitter stars in it. Homemade Pop Tarts for the kids - these are sooo cute! How about a jar of peachy sangria with edible gold glitter in it? Mmm, taking that to Happy Hour with the girls.

I'm going to buy some sprinkles and this cookbook for Christmas gift packages this year.

Sprinkles is such a "happy" cookbook to add to your collection!
on October 19, 2015
I adore sprinkles which is why I bought this book. It fits the bill as a gimmick for any sprinkle lovers in your life - but most of the recipes are pretty standard baked goods with sprinkles on top. It does provide awesome descriptions of all the different types of sprinkles and their formal baking/candy titles and general uses, but beyond that, you could buy a more comprehensive and professional cake or baking book (Martha, Julia, etc) and simply apply festive sprinkles to your results.