5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Filter - Special for Shower
Pros
*This filter actually works at higher temperatures. Carbon filters don't remove chlorine from hot water, this one does.
*Each filter lasts a year and just needs to be flipped half way through the year
*Very high water flow. The reduction in water pressure is very very small compared to other filters
*Works well
*Sprite will replace o-rings...
Published on January 5, 2011 by Philly Rob

2.0 out of 5 stars High Pitched Whistling
About a month after we installed the filter, a high pitched whistle started to occur as the flow of water went through the filter. The filter does its job...just be sure you have the clearance between the shower head and your head after adding this filter! Too much time has passed for me to return or exchange this unit. I would advise reading all the consumer reviews on...
Published 8 months ago by Jody Ritchie

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Filter - Special for Shower, January 5, 2011
This review is from: Sprite All Brass High Output Chrome Chlorine Removing Shower Filter (Health and Beauty)
Pros
*Works well
*Sprite will replace o-rings for free, as needed.
*The metal casing looks attractive and is much stronger than the plastic alternatives. (I've had plastic filter casings break over time under the weight of a larger shower head.)

Cons
*When you replace or flip the filter, the o-rings inside the filter can pop out and be difficult to get to re-seat. That being said, it just takes a few minutes of fiddling to fix.

I've had this product for 2 years and love it, I'm buying another. (I found a substantially better price outside of Amazon.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Was missing my water softener, until this filter came along, May 27, 2011
This filter does everything the glowing reviews had me hoping for. I just bought an older home with original galvanized pipes, and after years of using a water softener in my previous home, my first few showers here were miserable. My hair was dull--actually felt dirty--and after it dried, I could do nothing with it. I was even self conscious about my boyfriend touching it. It just didn't feel or look clean and soft like usual. Expensive conditioners didn't help. They just made it feel heavier.

The first shower with this filter installed felt better, and my hair definitely improved right away. After a week of showering with it, my hair is just as soft and shiny as it ever was using softened water.

Beyond this, the unit is incredibly solid and well built. I'm confident it will far outlast the new showerhead I bought.

One tip: I had a plumber replace my shower arm to better accommodate this filter. The one I had previously was long, extending several inches away from the wall and down. Adding this filter did put the whole assembly too low for me and awkwardly too far forward into the shower space. The new shower arm is quite short, so my shower head is now perfectly positioned, even with this unit in the assembly. Well worth the trouble, as I think I'll be showering with this filter for some time to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sprite Shower Filter, June 26, 2012
A few years ago I ran a pool water test on the water from my tap and got chlorine level readings that were as high as my pool.
Since then I stopped drinking water directly from my the tap by buying a drinking water filter system that removes chlorine.

At that time I did not worry about the shower or bath water effecting me adversely until I had been having issues with dry skin over the last few years and recently suspected that some of it was due to the chlorine levels in the water that I showered in. It was time to see if possibly a change in the water I was bathing in could correct the dry skin issue.

I researched and found this filter that seemed to meet the criteria for what I was looking for.
I ordered it on Amazon and received it a few days later. Very easy to install BTW.
It does change the ergonomics of the shower slightly. Results will vary depending on your shower set-up, but in my situation it is worth the slight change. Also, depending on what you are willing to do, you could make the set-up the same as it was before the installation with a shorter or modified shower elbow. I may do that eventually, but it is not a big issue for me right now.

I have used this for just over 4 weeks.
I did not notice any appreciable difference right away, but over the last several weeks I have noticed the sheen coming back to my skin.
That to me, makes this product a winner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but noisy and expensive., December 29, 2011
SAM (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
After nearly 2 months of usage, it's time to review this product. It's not perfect but I think it's probably as good as it gets in this category. I'm glad that I purchased this one over the alternatives. Subtracted 1 star because of price and noise.

THE GOOD
- My skin is not as dry as it usually is in the winter months.
- Filter doesn't impede the water flow very much.
- Filters last for a long time.

THE BAD
- Quite expensive.
- High-pitched squealing noise! We notice the annoying high-frequency whine every single time that we shower. YMMV.
- Very heavy, you'll want to make sure that your shower arm can support this much weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality construction - great choice, March 23, 2011
I don't test my own water, so I can't personally make any claims about its effectiveness, but most independent lab tests I have seen consistently rank two types of filters as the most effective at removing chlorine: Ones that use vitamin C and the patented media used in the Sprite.

Where the Sprite stands head and shoulders above the rest is in its construction. Solid brass is the best material to use on plumbing fixtures, and the Sprite's threaded surfaces fit snugly making a water-tight seal. It's easy to install - I did mine without any tools, just hand tightened everything - and not a drop leaks. Because it is brass, it will not rust and seize up so you can easily open it up to change the filter.

The loosely packed filter media does not significantly restrict water flow. I haven't noticed any drop in water pressure in my shower.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works wonders, March 31, 2013
This product was easy to install even for a goof like me. I was able to attach my old shower head to it with some plumbers tape with no problems. My family and I were experiencing dry, itchy skin and hair. My hair felt like straw and was unmanageable with tons of dandruff. As an African American woman was waist length natural hair keeping my hair curly, bouncy, shiny, and soft is a process. We are not supposed to wash our hair so much with shampoo as it strips the natural oils from our hair. But I had such bad dandruff I had to wash my hair with shampoo every few days. After using this product for a few weeks my dandruff is gone, my hair is less frizzy, it is soft and very manageable. I was shocked at how well this worked. Our skin has ceased being uncomfortable, dry, and itchy. I would encourage anyone who experienced the side effects of hard water to get themselves a shower filter.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this shower filter!, February 2, 2012
Kathy S. Arthun (Minneapolis, MN United States) - See all my reviews
Ordered one for myself for the home and immediately noticed a difference in my hair once the chlorine and chemicals were filtered out of the water. Loved it so much, I ordered one more to take with me when I travel - it takes about one minute to install, so it is very easy to bring to hotels for travel and insert into the hotel shower with a small wrench.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhhhhhh, May 6, 2011
My first thought: HEAVY. Literally, this thing is heavy. It screwed right on, no leaking (and if it does get you some plumbing tape). It couldn't get any easier. It did bring my shower head down too low - about 6 inches lower now. Being a tall guy I'm going to have to change that with a new shower head & whatnot - I needed and excuse for a new one anyway.

The water quality is noticably better as my municpal water has to be one of the worst (and I've tried many). I can't compare this to other shower filters as this is my first.

The description now says Brass, but my order linked to this page was for the Chrome model, and that's still what the pictures show so I'm not sure what is going on with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Skin and Hair, October 31, 2010
This item was easy to install and works great! My husband and I could tell a difference right away. There is a defintie change in the amount of chlorine. Our skin and hair is much softer. We have very hard water and this makes ALL the difference in the world!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Shower Filter, September 27, 2010
Excellent quality filter. Reviews were good and I can see why. Heavy little bugger though! :-)