Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sprittle or Jar Jar Binks:Most annoying movie sidekick?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 20, 2008 3:30:05 PM PDT
Lukey says:
Both of those charcters were stupid and annoying.Cringe-inducing! Watching them both made me wanna puke.I get it they're trying to sell toys to kids with them.But for the love of god..Which one was worse and why?Or do you have another annoying sidekick to add to this mix?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2008 10:30:49 PM PDT
Rom Ro says:
Jar Jar hands down. Spritle & Chim Chim were like the animation counterparts so can't really complain. Jar Jar absolutely ruined the film along with Jake Lloyd. Phantom Menace and and the other 2 films could have been so much better...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2008 10:30:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 20, 2008 10:31:05 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2008 8:55:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2008 8:56:23 AM PDT
Lukey says:
I'll tell ya Oh,I liked Chim-Chim and I get that Sprittle is mischevious and a little fresh( just like the T.V. show).But this was different for me.The only part that I felt captured them was the stowaway in the trunk bit.Between Sprittle's mugging,cursing and fighting,he reminded me of a kid that's been told he's cute too many times.Even though he's not.That little actor chewed up the scenery in a way that was totally distracting,and took me right out of the movie.The monkey however I loved.Especially at the end over the credits,where he was going crazy.Go Chim-Chim Go!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2008 1:54:51 PM PDT
t-dawg says:
I think Sprittle just rubbed you the wrong way. That kind of character has to borderline obnoxious to be funny, just like Chowder in Monster House, and this one went too far for you.

Now, Jar Jar on the other hand, that is just a CRAP character that *only* appeals to kids that aren't old enough to speak in complete sentences. Just like Barney.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2008 3:49:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 4, 2008 3:50:00 PM PDT
Lukey says:
Well T-Dawg he definitely rubbed me the wrong way.Hence the start of this thread.But it was a combination of Sprittle's mugging,wisecracking,scene-ruining& injecting himself into conversations that I hated.I love the cartoon Sprittle(don't get me wrong)but that kid made me wanna smack him the same way I wanted to smack Jake Lloyd,Jar-Jar&Hayden Christensen.They helped ruin movies I went in excited about.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2008 6:22:07 PM PDT
Jen says:
Sprittle was as annoying as anyone's little brother would be, but Jar Jar, uggghhh. I would stab myself. Jar jar's way more annoying. At least Sprittle speaks english.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2008 7:54:01 AM PDT
The Ewoks win my vote.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2008 9:55:17 PM PST
S. B. Smith says:
I'll take Sprittle over Sparky any time. Or Jar Jar.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2008 12:24:26 AM PST
Jar Jar is easily way more annoying than Sprittle could ever be.

Posted on Jun 26, 2009 11:08:01 PM PDT
PlanetHell says:
I'm not really sure, but Sprittle almost ruined this movie for me. The actor played him well, but he is terribly annoying, as was the stupid monkey. All of the nonsense, extremely campy, vomit inducing scenes involving him were pointless to the movie. About 15-20 minutes could've been removed, and this movie could've excellent. Instead, it's only ok because of how annoying he is.
I feel he was way overdone, far more than the animated series version.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Sep 20, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 26, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions