5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and Eco Friendly :)
Published on March 21, 2010 by flipflops21

1.0 out of 5 stars Great until it falls apart.
Published on April 11, 2012 by justme

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and Eco Friendly :), March 21, 2010
This review is from: Sprout Women's ST1001LGIVLB Corn Resin and Blue Organic Cotton Strap Watch (Watch)
I was looking for a reasonably cheap watch that didn't look cheap... easier said than done. I stumbled upon the Sprout watches during my searches on Amazon. I initially ordered one of the larger watches in pink but it was way too big and bulky. I'd recommend the larger watches for a man. So, I ordered this watch since it was about 2/3 of the size of the larger ones and the colors were cute. I am extremely pleased with my purchase! I love how eco friendly it is! It's constructed from renewable resources. The colors are bright, perfect for spring or summer. It really makes a nice accessory! I've gotten lots of compliments. It's comfortable and not too bulky. Setting the watch was easy as can be. One of the cutest parts about the watch is the packaging which included a little kit to grow a bit of grass inside of the box the watch came in. You just water it and give it some light. A few blades of grass have already started growing :) I would definitely recommend this watch to anyone. I also feel like there are quite a few colors to choose from! The watch comes with a lifetime warranty although you do have to pay $9.95 for shipping and handling. I plan to give these watches as gifts in the future. So far, it seems sturdy and it is water proof. I have no complaints :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Never going back., August 14, 2011
Finding a good watch can be a problem for me. I have really bad nickel allergies - and for those of you who have the same problem, you know what I mean. Everything is at least coated with a nickel solution to give it that extra shine - even the backs of watches. Buying a watch with metal allergies can be a bear: you're either stuck with nothing or something bulky with fabric on the back. My mum stumbled upon a Sprout ad in one of her magazines last summer, and I got one right before the semester started. I can happily say as long as Sprout's in business I'll be a customer - I just got my second one today for the new school year.

Sprout watches are comfortable and look great - they have a decent selection of styles to choose from. Best of all, because of the materials my skin doesn't break out when I wear 'em. I saw some comments on cheap construction/wear-n-tear, and I found those fairly inaccurate. My watch from last summer still works, and while the band may be a bit beat up from excessive wear-n-tear it's still functional (I got a new one, but I have no plans to discard the original until it completely dies). They also aren't advertised as water resistant (and I know all watches are to an extent, but some are worse than others), but my college is located in a rain-heavy town (we call it 'Drenchburg') and the watch held up even when my cell phone didn't. I honestly have no complaints about this watch. Definitely one of the best investments I've made.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great until it falls apart., April 11, 2012
This watch looks great - for about a month then it falls apart. Customer Service replaced it. The replacement fell apart. The color rubs off the face (and it wears) and the band falls apart. Customer service said a new one would be on it's way - they never sent it. When I called to check - they said it had been too long and I was out of luck. How ecological is it to have to replace it every month?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, March 3, 2011
I received one of these watches as a gift and really loved it. It is comfortable to wear with the cotton strap and keeps perfect time. I like the idea of it being eco-friendly and the packaging is clever and bio-degradable. I have now given this watch as a gift to others and will be purchasing more for myself and others.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun watch, May 3, 2010
I love the color of the watch and it is easy to read as well as comfortable to wear. I also feel good about the organic makeup of the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just one flaw, June 19, 2010
I love everything about this watch, the concept, the colors and the comfort. The only flaw it has is that the green color you see around the face of the watch is some kind of paint that easily scratches off, so I already have marks on it. It appears to have a border of the same color green UNDER the actual face so I don't know why there is also paint on the outside that will eventually all come off. I still like the watch though...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute! but not so durable..., October 27, 2010
The watch is very cute, and, well, tells the time. I love the eco-friendly attributes of it, which are a nice touch. However, only three days after buying it, I broke it. Now I totally blame myself for nervously picking at it, but I would have liked it to have lasted forever...
Even though the clasp is busted, I still wear it everyday. Perhaps it is meant to be more of an occasional wear, instead of a 24/7 watch.

2.0 out of 5 stars love-hate, June 19, 2013
I have a love-hate relationship with these watches. They're super cute, biodegradable (!), come in fun colors, fit my tiny wrists. But, they get dirty SO FAST. I've had three of them and none lasted more than maybe three months before it was so dirty - it's cotton, after all - that I had to stop wearing them. Maybe if you Scotchguarded them they'd be ok for kids, who don't care so much about cleanliness!

1.0 out of 5 stars looks nice, good ecological idea; bad quality, November 17, 2012
first watch was broken in the first week at the watchhouse. replacement within 2 days at the bandholdon! bad Quality. we really fall in love with the ecological idea. What a petty!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not holding up to normal wear and tear very well, August 3, 2010
I've only had this watch for a few months and the watchband is already looking very thread-bare where it gets thread through the "buckle". Also the green around the outside of the crystal is scratching off very easily. I bought this for a fun watch and it is, just wish it was holding up better. I don't wear it everyday either!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›