5.0 out of 5 stars Works great! Easy to use. No surprises.
Published on December 27, 2008 by MoonDeerSounding

1.0 out of 5 stars Are you kidding?
Published on April 14, 2012 by Goldrb6

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great! Easy to use. No surprises., December 27, 2008
This review is from: Sproutman - Hemp Sprout Bag (Kitchen)
I bought my first Sproutman Hemp Sprout Bag at a health food store....it was the last one they had in stock. It works just like they say on the package info. I'm buying more so I can sprout different types of legumes and seeds at the same time. Some take longer to sprout than others. Once sprouts are done you can keep them in the sprout bag in the fridge, so it would be ideal to have 3-4 bags on hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, sturdy sprouting bag, August 19, 2011
This review is from: Sproutman - Hemp Sprout Bag (Kitchen)
I bought a pair of these sprouting bags over five years ago, and have used them consistently across that time. I'm replacing them now because they've reached the natural end of their lives. :D

I use the bags pretty much exclusively for grains (for sprouted bread) and legumes; leafy sprouts like alfalfa, due to their sprouting habit, do better in a rigid sprouter like the SproutMaster or Easy Sprout Sprouter (or heck, a mason jar...). The bags have done wonderfully, and held up very well for natural fibers; so long as I keep up my end of the bargain, and tend the contents as needed, I've never had a batch spoil or mold.

I get as much as three cups of sprouted grain per bag, unlike another reviewer who felt the bags were small.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sprouting bag, April 14, 2011
This review is from: Sproutman - Hemp Sprout Bag (Kitchen)
I use this bag regularly and it's great for lentil and mung sprouts. Should not be used with smaller seeds like radish and alfalfa.

1.0 out of 5 stars Are you kidding?, April 14, 2012
This review is from: Sproutman - Hemp Sprout Bag (Kitchen)
I got duped into buying a few of these bags because the hype he gave about using them over glass made sense. I have come to learn by experience that these are hard to clean, do not get as much indirect sunlight and just dont work as well as glass. His hype for selling these were that there is poor ventilation in glass and sprouts tend to mjold and you have to reach in the mouth of the jar to get the sprouts out. I have never had problems with ANY of these things! The bottom line is that glass works MYCH better!~

1.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Sproutman - Hemp Sprout Bag (Kitchen)
I am very disappointed with this bag. I was excited to use a hemp bag even though I have been satisfied with using glass mason jars for sprouting for years.The bag is to big for small seeds (we are growing sprouts for two people and like to eat them fresh). I do not feel this is the most hygienic way to grow seeds (and I do realize that the definition of that varies for some people) as the bag gives an unpleasant odor and the sprouts do not get enough air (I live in Florida and have the A/C on to maintain a cooler, low humidity environment and maintain a stable temperature so it is not the in home climate). I followed the directions for sterilizing the bag and I do not like the way it smells and it's turning a reddish color. I even had purchased the Sproutman book and is a good reference but some of the information is outdated and I even think some recipes in the book were not really tested. Have always had consistent good results with 1 quart mason jars and plan to stick with those and enjoy my sprouts. Sorry Sproutman!

5.0 out of 5 stars Returned to This Winner!, April 2, 2011
This review is from: Sproutman - Hemp Sprout Bag (Kitchen)
I had used these bags years ago and they worked well. Somehow the sprouting got lost in the shuffle of everyday schedules even though they are so easy to use. When I decided it was time to "sprout" again, I thought I would try something that would let me sprout different seeds on different levels. There was no comparison, the bag works faster and the sprouts are greener. I mix different sprouts together if I want more than one and it works well. Highly Recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Quality, April 29, 2013
This review is from: Sproutman - Hemp Sprout Bag (Kitchen)
My nutritionist suggested this bag as a good way to store my sprouts in the fridge. I already have a sprouter and do alfalfa, mung, etc. It is really nice quality, all natural, and comes with clear, detailed instructions for care and use. It is a much better way to keep the sprouts than a plastic container.

5.0 out of 5 stars great sprouting bags, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Sproutman - Hemp Sprout Bag (Kitchen)
These are wonderful and I couldn't find them locally.
The hemp does dry out quickly so I would recommend placing it in a bowl after allowing the majority of water to drain after rinsing to retain some moisture rather than keeping it hanging.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, too expensive!, August 6, 2012
This review is from: Sproutman - Hemp Sprout Bag (Kitchen)
I was expecting a bigger bag. It's too pricey for it's size!
Also, it shrunk a bit, after i washed it for the first time. Now, it's even more tiny!

1.0 out of 5 stars Good if you like to eat mold, April 13, 2012
This review is from: Sproutman - Hemp Sprout Bag (Kitchen)
Sproutman is the ultimate shyster. On his website he makes claims that these will sprout "even the mucilaginous seeds" such as chia and flax. Once you get the bags in the mail you find a different story on the insert: "These bags are much better suited for sprouting grains and beans." Go ahead and try to sprout leafy sprouts with this bag and you end up with a bag of crap. They still get moldy and rancid even when you sterilize everything thoroughly. You just can't sprout the seed sprouts in these easily or efficiently. Perfect if you like to sprout already mycotoxic grains and beans, but then what's the point? Get a suitable tray or even a chia pet and you will be better off.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›