5.0 out of 5 stars Great for early potty training!
Published 10 months ago by Jessica Tully

3.0 out of 5 stars run small
Published 21 months ago by Melissa

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for early potty training!, December 8, 2013
Jessica Tully (East Brunswick, NJ, USA) - See all my reviews
These did exactly as I'd hoped! Many of the reviewers seem confused as to what training underwear is for. This is not for a long car ride when you want to contain an accident that you know will happen. That is what a diaper is for. These are for allowing a toddler the experience of feeling the wetness when they pee so that they gain awareness of it happening in the moment and not after the fact. The thickness in the crotch prevents you from having to scrub puddles of pee off the floor everywhere. Yes, they will leak if the child pees a huge amount. They are not designed to catch it all. That is what a diaper is for. If you don't want an accident, you're not *potty training*. These do not wick moisture away from the skin. They are designed to make the child feel uncomfortable sitting in their own pee so that they are motivated to use the potty next time.

Why buy these over pull-ups?
Pull-ups are designed to contain your child's pee and keep that moisture off the skin enough that they don't get a diaper rash. If they're not uncomfortable, why would they be motivated to stop playing and use the potty? Putting your child in a pull-up teaches them that accidents are ok if you really don't feel like trying. If you put your child in this underwear and commit to a week of lots of laundry and floor scrubbing, your child will be potty trained in a fraction of the time they would be wearing diapers or pull-ups. It's not fun and it takes commitment, but it's worth it.

How do I know?
Before I even had my 3 girls, I worked at a daycare for 6 years, 4 as a teacher and 2 as management. I have personally helped potty train about 30 kids. There are so many different ways that kids can gain control of their bodily functions and master this skill, but one thing is universally true--if you don't jump into this transition with two feet, they will sense your lack of commitment and use the diaper whenever possible. The inconvenience is always on you, not them. Wait till your child is definitely ready and you can go from diapers to occasional accidents (with diapers at night) in a week with underwear.

3.0 out of 5 stars run small, January 23, 2013
Melissa (Ithaca, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Green Sprouts Unisex baby Infant Training 2 Pack Underwear (Apparel)
I ordered the 18-month size for our skinny (19 pound) 16-month old. They are very tight around the legs and waist, and also too long- they pull up much higher than they need to. If you are frustrated looking for training pants for a very little baby, these may be the ones for you! But for us they are too small. I also have Carter's training underwear in the same size and the Carter's fit much better. Otherwise, the two brands are very similar. The I-plays might be slightly more absorbant. Both brands are a bit "crunchy" due to the plastic-y stuff they put in there, but it is not too noticeable and the underwear are still soft and seem comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars great training undies, February 6, 2013
fits small. I purchased a size 3T for my 2 year old 24 lb son and it seems to fit just right. runs smaller than the gerber brand as he also has a pair of those in size 2/3T and they fit a bit loose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for potty training, September 4, 2012
The fit on these is good. My daughter is 20 months old. We ordered the 24 month ones. They fit well, snug around the legs without being uncomfortable. When she wet herself her pants got very wet, but these kept the accident in the pants - no puddles. She was uncomfortable and knew she had gone, but the floor was spared.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small!, January 8, 2013
These look like nice material and would work well unfortunately they were way too tight! My son is pretty slim and 27 lbs. These were suppose to fit to 30 lbs but the thighs were really tight and they are cut pretty narrow. I would definately size up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, February 8, 2013
Fits well. During accidents nothing leaks out. We are washing them almost daily and the dryer doesn't shrink them unlike some other brands that I have.

3.0 out of 5 stars Trainers, April 29, 2013
Sized small so I bought a 3t for my 2t. Not as absorbent as more expensive brands. These are thinner and has a plastic crinkly sound. Just okay but good to round out a stash of trainers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but not absorbent until several washings later, August 16, 2013
I like these and find them soft, comfy and true to size (perhaps a tiny bit on the small side around the legs). I like that the waterproof lining isn't too crunchy or noisy. I have not found these to be very absorbent at all, especially before the first 4-5 washings. They would possibly be better for an almost-trained kid who can stop themselves if they start to pee. My son isn't there yet, and these definitely don't hold even a small pee if it all comes out. For earlier potty training or just more security, I really like the Imse Vimse training pants. They are more of an investment, but they are definitely a superior product.
Medium Vimse Training Pants 28 37

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect training pants!, January 19, 2014
These are amazing! I previously potty trained my older son using the Gerber brand training pants and liked them, but was looking for something with a little bit more protection since my daughter would need to be out and about pretty soon after ditching diapers. These definitely fit the bill. In addition to several layers of cotton like the Gerber pants, there's a thin piece of plastic in them that helps keep their clothes (and their car seat, and your couch, and their high chair...) dry during small accidents. You can just barely hear the plastic when holding them but can't hear it at all when they're being worn. And while not as absorbent as a pull up, I didn't want something that would be. The point is for her to feel when she is wet, not to have it feel like a diaper and pulled away from her skin. And yes, when she had a large accident it did go through to her her pants a little. C'est la vie.

As other reviewers have said, these do run a bit small. My daughter is 22 months (27 lbs, ~34", 2T clothes, was wearing a size 4 diaper) and the 3T fit perfectly. Compared to the 2T Gerber training pants, they are almost identical in size when next to each other except the iPlay underwear comes up about an inch higher on the waist. They are easy for my daughter to pull down on her own (after a little practice) which I don't think she would be able to do with a smaller size.

Price-wise they are expensive, but I purchased several pair off a steal-a-day website to make them more reasonable. Now knowing how well they work, I think I would still pay the full amount to have a few pair on hand for those outings where you really need that added assurance and use the less expensive Gerber pants when in the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very trim. 30 lb twins experience .., July 11, 2014
When I got this out of the package I thought, "what the?". They appeared to have a super high waist. The leg holes looked huge. My boys are tall n skinny and at 29 and 30 lbs. Moderate "butts". I had bought 2 packages and decided to wash one set and then I could return the other set if they were as strange as I expected. Well, washing didn't seem to "shrink" them down to tiny little things. They still looked like they would reach their arm pits! I put them on one boy. They actually seemed to fit?? The legs were not tight but they also weren't gapping. I worried that they were actually too small or would grow out of them in a week. The waist was up to their belly button but, as we found out, that made it easier for their little hands to pull down and up. They are fairly absorbant. Haven't had a poo in them yet as I'm still hounding kiddos every 45 minutes. I would think as long as it was 'formed' and not runny, it would stay in place til they got to the toilet. These undies FEEL like undies material just with an absorbant layer sewn into the middle strip. They are very real like and I think I will use them a lot. Depending on my "not at all interested" twin, we maybe using these up into the next size as well! I would say these are great for a second week of potty learning (just from a potential cleaning/mess cleaning P.O.V.) thru big kid undies.