5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without this toothpaste...
Within a few days of using this toothpaste, I noticed that I no longer had the "fuzzy teeth syndrome" at the end of the day or in the morning. My teeth feel so clean all the time now, without having to resort to brushing with baking soda. I highly recommend this toothpaste.
Published on March 13, 2007 by M. Barton

1.0 out of 5 stars Much better off with...
Published on April 19, 2011 by L. E. Kun

1.0 out of 5 stars Much better off with..., April 19, 2011
L. E. Kun (NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spry Xylitol Peppermint Toothpaste 4 oz Paste (Health and Beauty)
A much better alternative to this toothpaste is 'Squigle Tooth Builder Sensitive Toothpaste' - sold here on amazon.com as well. It is also a fluoride free formula, but without the carcinogenic Benzene precursor - sodium benzoate (as another reviewer has very correctly pointed out). Squigle lists a xylitol content of 36%, which it claims is "far more than any other toothpaste". Spry does not divulge the percent content of xylitol in their product.

Compare the ingredients below:

SPRY Ingredients-
(Purified) Water, Xylitol, Hydrated silica, Sorbitol, Vegetable glycerin, Natural Spearmint flavor, Sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, Calcium glycerophosphate, Calcium lactate gluconate, Titanium dioxide, Cellulose gum, Stevia , Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, Sodium benzoate, Aloe Vera Gel, and Parsley Seed Oil.

SQUIGLE Ingredients-
36% xylitol, water, calcite, glycerin, poloxamer, cellulose gum, Methocel, calcium propionate, lactoferrin.

Yes, Spry is a bit cheaper: 4oz @ $4.49 vs 4.4oz @ $7.99.
Just want to help everyone make an informed decision :)))

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without this toothpaste..., March 13, 2007
M. Barton (Northeast USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent plaque fighting toothpaste, April 15, 2007
This toothpaste is excellent for fighting plaque and preventing cavities. It actually kills the plaque and cavity causing bacteria in your mouth. I have been using it for 6+ months and just went for a professional cleaning this week. The hygenist commented on how easy the cleaning was - I had hardly any tartar for her to scrape off. She said my gums looked very healthy and of course I had no cavities either. I would love it if the makers of Spry came out with a whitening formula, but I will stick with the regular Spry until they do. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Contains cancer-causing preservative sodium benzoate, April 4, 2009
I bought this item without being able to see a complete ingredients list, because Amazon doesn't show one. I made a reasonable assumption that it was a healthy product, but it is not. The ingredients list on the box clearly shows that it contains sodium benzoate, which when ingested is converted by the body into benzene -- a known carcinogen and a component of coal tar. Use of sodium benzoate is legal in the USA, but then lots of really unhealthy things are still legal in the USA because of lobbyists. Because this product contains a benzene precursor, it is not in my opinion fit for humans... unless you think cancer of the mouth would be great fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, May 7, 2007
My dentist told me to start using this product because it helps prevent cavities and sinus infections. Apparently, the xylitol in Spry toothpaste kills the bacteria that causes these problems. Since I began using this product, I haven't had one sinus infection and I would normally have had at least one or two by now. It's a great product and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this toothpaste!, January 3, 2007
Shannon Hully (Saginaw, MI, USA) - See all my reviews
I won't go back to conventional toothpastes after using the Spry xylitol toothpaste! This stuff is great, it leaves your teeth so smooth, even when I wake up in the morning my teeth are still smooth and I'm free of that "morning mouth" I used to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Favorite!, July 22, 2012
I've always taken great care of my teeth & gums. I brush at least 2X a day and I always floss, and have been using a standard high end store-bought toothpaste for many years.
After recieving the word from my dentist that I need at least 1 (soon to be 3) Porcelain Crowns, I decided to try this Spry toothpaste. I use the mouthwash too. Not only has it allieviated my sensitivity and pain, but it's made (all) my teeth and gums look and feel better. I know it's only a stopgap and eventually I'll have to get the crowns. But now I have time to shop around for the best crown prices! I'm sorry, but $1250+ a tooth seems a bit rediculous. And that's all cash (I have no insurance). Thank You Spry!!! Oh, and my teeth are polished and whiter now too...YAY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, October 13, 2007
I have been using this stuff for almost 3 years now and I absolutely love it. The mouthwash is great too. Good stuff all around. Also the highest Xylitol content of all the fluoride free pastes.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more fuzzy teeth, May 23, 2012
I wanted to get away from the typical commercial toothpastes and go to a more natural non-fluoride toothpaste. The Crest I was using made my nose itch and my teeth never really felt clean.
A friends of mine recommended this toothpaste, which I picked up at a health food store.
I'm sold. My teeth feel super clean and don't get that fuzzy feeling ever, even after a night's sleep. I'm putting my whole family on it.
As far as the sodium benzoate is concerned, it is true that it is added as a preservative. Read up on it if you are worried about it. We ingest much more if we drink sodas. Read articles such as this one [...] about sodium benzoate.
I'm just happy to be rid of the fluoride and have super clean feeling teeth.
I will be ordering more from Amazon Prime.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS, October 8, 2011
I started using Spry about two years ago, and I will never again use any other kind of toothpaste.. I bought Spry and an electric tooth brush from my dentist office around two years ago, with the hopes that I would come back with no cavities at my next cleaning, well I went two years without a cleaning and I just went about three weeks ago and I have NOT ONE cavity.. I also have my four year old use the same tooth paste, and a different head from my electric tooth brush (under my supervision) his cleaning was about two years ago also, and he to just got his teeth cleaned and he also has NO cavities. I also have the children's gel and I will be using that on my daughter once she is old enough to begin using such things... I highly recommend this product to anyone interested in a great toothpaste!!!