5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for Ages 8-12!, January 25, 2005
Ryan (Enumclaw, Washington) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spy Cat (Paperback)
Alex's cat Pete sees a van parked in front of their nieghbor's house and two men taking things. His first thought is that the men are robbing! Pete wakes Alex and his friend Rocky up just in time to see the van rush away without the headlights on. Alex's brother Benjie immediately takes action. He takes his spy gear and binoculars and begins looking for the robbers. Benjie doesn't see anything for many days. Suddenly, the robbers appear at Alex's and Benjie's house! But, will the brothers be prepared?

SPY CAT is an intriguing book with great characters. I thought it was awesome how Peg Kehret got inside the mind of Pete, the cat. I liked it how Pete could talk and we could understand him, but the characters in the book just thought it was meowing. I believe SPY CAT is a must read for ages 8-12.

5.0 out of 5 stars AN AMAZING BOOK!, July 1, 2006
This review is from: Spy Cat (Paperback)
I thought this book was fantastic because it was fast-paced and suspenceful. I loved every part of the book. I would reccommend this book to anyone from ages 8-14.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, suspenceful, and keeps you wondering till the end!, September 22, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Spy Cat (Hardcover)
Spy cat was a thrilling story of kidnapping, humor, and suspense. Pete the cat put in humorus things that he might of thought were serious. When I first looked at this book, I thought " They're gonna use the cat spy on someone andfind something horrible about them." I was dead wrong! This story kept me reading deep into the night. It might be a bit short, but it's worth the read! Peg kehret really put a lot of thought into making this story come alive in you're mind. It's almost as if you're there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, February 5, 2014
DENISE D HAND "dd225" (Bronx, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spy Cat (Pete the Cat) (Paperback)
I like to read all the books before giving them as gifts to kids in my family. It gives me future discussion items to have with them and hope it works to encourage they read more. This book was a big hit for me. There was an element of concern over what will happen to the books main character and the cat too, but without being overly stressed. I don't like given the kids books with major life drama or injury, we get enough of this on the daily news. So for any kids that is also a cat lover they will get a kick out of the book. Entertaining and true to the age group reading level too. I have given this book to at least 3 children with no complaints heard.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this book, April 11, 2013
This review is from: Spy Cat (Paperback)
Love this book and this author. It is a high interest novel that will surely capture its reader. It came in great condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spy Cat - Great Addition to the Collection, April 5, 2013
This review is from: Spy Cat (Pete the Cat) (Paperback)
My daughter was so happy to have another Pete the Cat book to read, and add to her collection. These books really are a fun read.

5.0 out of 5 stars SPY CAT, December 2, 2012
This review is from: Spy Cat (Hardcover)
This was a replacement copy for a well loved book in the library that was missing when we did invetory. I have to reorder Peg Kehret's books a lot as they come and go off the library shelves in the elementary school so fast, they need replacing every so often. Kids love Pegs mystery stories that involved her pet cat Pete -he helped write them you know! Make for a FUN READ!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Suspense for Kids--I Liked it Too!, October 20, 2012
This review is from: Spy Cat (Pete the Cat) (Paperback)
Spy Cat by Peg Kehret is an adventure with the cat and the little boy being the ones to find the burglars who have been breaking into homes in the neighborhood. It has excitement, adventure and animals. Parts are funny, such as when Pete the cat eats the burglar's hamburger and fries.

This is a quick fun read that shows the strong bond between kids and their pets. I liked it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love cats!, August 29, 2012
This review is from: Spy Cat (Pete the Cat) (Paperback)
I just read Spy Cat. I am 7 and going into grade 2. I really liked this book. I liked the part when Benjie found Lizzy. The ending was very exciting. Now I want to read more books by Peg Kehret.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spy Cat, August 6, 2010
This review is from: Spy Cat (Pete the Cat) (Paperback)
I love cat books especially cat mysteries. This one was the first I have read by Peg Kehret and I enjoyed it very much. I usually read bigger books but this was able to tell the story with the size given. The cat of course did his part in solving the crime. I will definitely buy more in this series of cat mysteries.

ARRAY(0xb081451c)

Spy Cat (Pete the Cat)
Spy Cat (Pete the Cat) by Peg Kehret (Paperback - June 19, 2008)
$5.99 $5.39