Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Spy Gear Night Sight
Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Periphery Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on November 8, 2012
I now have two of these so-called toys. They are great hands free night vision scopes and will work at greater distances with the use of a good infrared flashlight.
on June 14, 2013
Firstly, this product does actually work at night, in the dark. It is actual, real live night vision technology. So the box was telling the truth about that.

HOWEVER, the built-in, non adjustable magnification (somewhere around 3x or more, if I had to guess), low image quality, and extremely narrow field of view make this toy all but unusable in practice.

I would compare using this Night Sight to watching television through a toilet paper tube pressed against the screen. You get a vague sense that something is happening in front of you, but you can't gather enough details to determine exactly WHAT, and any attempt to look around is met by a swirling blur in the viewfinder I'm confident could inspire a sudden bout of motion sickness in susceptible persons.

Not being very technically adept, I don't know if a modification or adjustment to the lens, camera, or viewfinder could alleviate those issues, but I imagine a creative person could find plenty of opportunities for an inexpensive infrared camera cannibalized from a toy like this.

Used carefully, from a static position, this toy could provide an entertaining way to view the world in a (+/-) 50 foot circle, even in darkness. However, I STRONGLY recommend any trip/fall/bump your head hazards be removed from the area before you or your little commando even consider using this product, as anything less than ten feet away will be all but impossible to detect, identify, and/or avoid.

With all that being said, it's still a neat gizmo. And for the price, the cheapest way to start experimenting with night vision you're likely to find. Just don't try to take it out of the country, as it is actual, proper night vision technology, and Uncle Sam frowns on that.
on November 23, 2013
Let's face it, you really aren't expecting these things to be the best are you? They do their job (not that well) and your kids will be happy you bought it. It's not going to last long, but should be enough to keep em busy til they want something else?!
on November 6, 2014
It does have a focusing issue, it can be focused some.. but not clearly, and it does magnify slightly.

I understand its a toy, and I'm not taking out the Taliban with it, its a toy for kids to play in the dark with.

I wanted some type of night vision, without spending $300 or more, or trying to make my own.

The night vision does work, just with the fuzzy and sight magnified picture, Its kinda weird to see.

If the makers had two areas to focus, front camera eye (which It does have) and back viewfinder (like camcorders do), it would be perfect.

Over all its a ok toy, intended for kids to use to play spy or war with, but anything else, spend the money and get good night vision. (When I get the money I will, but this will work for now)
on January 31, 2014
this was a great present for my son, I even put them on and they really work, you just have to fix the focusing a little and it was a little complicated to put together believe or not but once we got everything going, it was sooo much fun, my son turned off all the lights upstairs and was walking around in the dark, it was hilarious, I recommend,
on April 3, 2015
I have bought this item for my little cousin for a birthday.
I cant really go indept about the product because I have never used it.

My little cousin has told me it actually works! I was very surprised at first. I thought it was going to be one of those cheap binoculars.
Im happy with the purchase! 5 stars

UPDATE 2015
My cousin used this for 4 days and its broken. Very not happy with its price and the life range.
on October 11, 2012
THE PROS-REALLY IS HANDS FREE
-CLEARER VISION

THE CONS-THE SIGHT IS MAGNIFY AND TO WALK WHILE WEARING IS SUICIDE
-THERE ARE NO LONG AND SHORT DISTANCE SIGHT AS THERE IS ONLY A OFF SWITCH,A DAY SWITCH AND A NIGHT SWITCH.
-NOT STEALTH AS THE RED LED GLOWING IS QUITE STRONG.

OVERALL YEAH IS HANDSFREE BUT USELESS AS THE SIGHT IS MAGNIFY AND UNADJUSTABLE MAKE IT HARD TO MOVE AROUND WITH IT.BUT I BELIEVE THIS COULD BE MODIFY TO MAKE IT BETTER.THE BOXES WAS NOT VERY HELPFUL AS IT NEVER INDICATES ABOUT THE MAGNIFY SIGHT AND FOR THE LONG SHORT SIGHT THAT BEEN SAID ABOUT THIS TOY,IT NEVER EXIST.
on July 7, 2013
the field of view is it's only problem. you probably have like 5 degrees or less. You'd stuck looking at just peoples faces from a distance that you would normally be able to see their entire body.
on November 4, 2013
Excellent as a toy. Pretty clear image and lightweight. Kids will love it. I wouldn't rely on it to raid Osama bin Laden's compound in a covert mission, but if you're just pretending to then you've found the right product.
on June 17, 2014
Product came in a speedy manner. Funnily enough the day it came in my power went out so I had a good oportunity to test it out. It worked alright for indoors as long as there was a little light to start with (ie. the moon or the crappy IR LEDs attached) however seeing at any great distance would be a long shot. During the first day of use the focus knob became stuck and I had to completely disassemble the unit to get it unstuck. Luckily there are few parts inside so it was simple to reassemble. So all in all, it's a fun novelty item, however any application in sneaking around is null do to the bright red glowing LEDs when it's in operation. Worth the 15 dollars that I spent on it "used"? Probably, however I can't see it serving a real purpose.

See 1 answered question