5.0 out of 5 stars Spy Games
My grandchildren love these, and they actually work very well. They played Spy for weeks. They look forward to using them when they go camping in the Spring.
Published 20 months ago by Fran

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a total loss
Published on August 8, 2008 by Jerry Helsing

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a total loss, August 8, 2008
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spy Gear Walkie Talkies (Toy)
I bought these for my son and I. He was a little too young for the better 22 channel walkies so I thought because of other reviews that it was worth the $12. Was I wrong, unless we are within 7 feet of eachother and there are no walls in between us, they do not work. What is the point of 7 feet. Anyway, the reason it wasn't a total loss is because my son just runs around pretending he is on the radio with me and loves it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't receive, August 18, 2007
Cheri (chicagoland suburbs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spy Gear Walkie Talkies (Toy)
I bought these to play around the house with. I couldn't get reception except when my daughter was within about 20 feet or less in the same room. Once she left the room (even around the corner in the bathroom) the reception was so full of static that we couldn't understand each other. Not functional with no reception. I am returning mine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work too well indoors, January 7, 2008
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spy Gear Walkie Talkies (Toy)
I bought these walkie talkies for my 6 year old for Christmas- he loves anything that's Spy Gear. He really likes the secret codes and my 3 year old really took interest in them too! They don't work too well indoors - I guess that's because of the walls. But we haven't tried them outdoors yet. I would assume they would work better without cbstacles. But for the price, they were a real good buy, and I didn't expect them to work over long distances since they were under $15. Both of my boys really like the belt clips too - makes them feel like official spies since they get to carry them around. Great toy for the price if your child likes to play spies or dress up!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy!, December 25, 2009
This review is from: Spy Gear Walkie Talkies (Toy)
We received these Walkie Talkie's as a Christmas gift for our 3 1/2yr old son. We put new batteries in it... and all we heard was static. We tried talking to one another inside and outside, and couldn't understand each other. Even putting it up to our ear (which is not recommended), we could not hear the other person.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Junk, December 4, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spy Gear Walkie Talkies (Toy)
I am amazed at how lousy this toy is. I probably wouldn't mind if it cost five dollars, but for thirty? In a day and age when electronics are making riveting leaps forward? It is made of cheap plastic, is riddled with loud interference, and cannot be heard beyond five feet. None of this is an exageration. I warn any parent: Do not waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fun for pretend, but not as walkie talkie, December 20, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spy Gear Walkie Talkies (Toy)
Kids got these as presents (both age 5). If they stood next to each other, worked OK, but barely worked once they got 10 feet away. Probably every electronic thing in the house interferes with it - we didn't try it out in the woods or anything. Despite that, one of the kids thought it was fun as a pretent walkie-talkie, but I would expect that level quality in a happy meal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Range?, November 12, 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Spy Gear Walkie Talkies (Toy)
I guess there's a reason that they don't list the range for these - it's virtually non-existant! My son and I played around with these in our house and the range was 5-7 feet. At that range they're useless as we could hear each other directly instead of via the radios. Even though they were very inexpensive ($10) they are definitely not worth it. We've returned them and will purchase something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars stupid, September 15, 2013
This review is from: Spy Gear Walkie Talkies (Toy)
The walkie talkies didn't work when we got them. Only one worked and we ended up returning them. Don't waste your money!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, December 25, 2011
Sos (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spy Gear Walkie Talkies (Toy)
Save your time and money. No appreciable range, lots of static, garbled voices, and low volume. Spend $30 and get a real walkie talkie.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT Buy, August 25, 2013
WPL (Yokohama, Japan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spy Gear Walkie Talkies (Toy)
These walkie talkies are absolutely worthless; they have a working range of about five feet (not kidding). The continuous wave (beeping) transmission works a little farther but not much.

Spy Gear Walkie Talkies