Top positive review
68 people found this helpful
Excellent night vision for a toy
on November 14, 2011
This is a set of toy night-vision binoculars. They use a small infrared light to illuminate the room so that you can see through them in the dark. These work remarkably well for what they are - a fairly inexpensive toy. Real night vision goggles cost thousands of dollars, so keep that in mind - you aren't getting navy seal equipment here. The plastic casing is solid, but isn't going to withstand a ton of a abuse. They also aren't completely stealth, when you are using them, you can see the red infrared light. I would recommend this toy for ages 8 and up - it is fairly heavy and looking directly into the light in the front could damage a small child's eyes.
The binoculars take 4 AA batteries. They have a daylight mode, which just shows you what things look like normally - so you can compare your night vision to day vision. Two knobs let you adjust the focus and there is a strap for hanging around your neck.
- Major cool factor - Just about anybody is going to enjoy this toy - but a boy is going to love it.
- Pretty good illumination
- Easy to operate - not complicated
- Not clear how my wear and tear this toy can take - boys are likely to run around with it, time will tell whether it will really last
- Doesn't have any of the color modes some of the other night vision products have.
- Not really stealth (you can see the light) - this may be a pro for a parent who doesn't really want their kid spying on them.
Overall, I think any boy is going to love this toy. Heck, I got a night vision scope for my brother when he was in college and he was gaga over it. You are really getting a pretty good value for the money.