Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Amazon Elements Sensitive Baby Wipes, Exclusive to Prime Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on July 17, 2014
The beginning clip shows a close-up of a random worm, and the second clip shows a standing shot of a certain backyard. The final clip was made to showcase how great the quality looks when the pen is stationary. Considering the price tag, I'm actually REALLY surprised how great the quality is when it's stationary. Haven't messed with the date setting much, so the time stamp is a day 'into the future'.

At the time of leaving this review, the pen records a little over 1 and a half hours on a full charge, with full sound, too. It takes around 2 hours to fully charge it as well, so take that into consideration. It should be noted that it looks just like the product image. It IS a pen, after all.

I would NOT recommend you to walk/run while filming with it, unless your hands are extremely stable, or is part tripod somehow. It looks like the worst shaky cam on the planet if you run while filming, so don't get any ideas. That being said, you can definitely use this pen for surveillance purposes if you want, as my video clearly shows how clean the footage is, and it has quality sound for what you're paying for.

It's built as sturdy as a standard pen, so don't go running it over with a steamroller or anything weird like that. It also works well as a regular pen, so if you get caught filming someone for whatever reason (oh boy...), you can try faking your way out of it by showing them how awesome the 'ordinary' pen writes!

So... yeah, it is what it is. It's a spy pen, and it records in excellent quality. If you want something with anti-shaky cam capabilities, go buy a $200 camera. I saw another similar pen like this on Amazon, but from what I've read, its video quality is complete a$$, and it doesn't even record sound -_-

Personally, I wish the camera hole was glassed over, because as it looks now, if you look closely you can easily tell something's a bit 'off'. My advise: don't film someone 2 feet away from their eyeballs, and you'll be fine ;D
on July 15, 2014
ordered it on friday, got it on monday,super fast shipping, plugged it into my pc and heard the little sound the computer makes when you plug in something, opened "my computer" and didnt see the "external storage" i.e. the spy pen. so i charged it up for an hour or so and then started messing with it.followed the instructions and wasnt sure if i was recording or not so after a few mins i turned it off and plugged it back into my computer,heard the sound when i plugged it in and then went to "my computer" still no sign that the external device was even plugged in :( ..then i got up this morning and went to the laptop and plugged it in, heard the sound and went to "my computer" and there it was,opened it up and there were the folders video and photo opened up the video folder and wa la there was the video i took, very clear, sound was loud, i took a video of the instructions off my monitor and looking at the video you could very clearly read all the instructions, i havent tried it out yet in any other fashion, but just looking at that video really gives hope that it will always be that crystal clear and with great audio... one thing i could suggest to the maker would be to make it a little easier to tell what your doing with the pen,, i.e. when in stand by mode the display lite should be yellow, when recording the lite should be green.. that way you will actually know if your recording or not, but since that is my only complaint im very very happy with this product
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 16, 2014
My 1st experience with this pen was less then stellar. I expressed myself to the company through an e-mail and was contacted by one of the owners promptly. He was very genuine and down to earth. He shipped out a new pen immediately with new sd card, charging cord, and pen. Follow up was consistent. Have used pen many times for legal purposes and has been nothing less then perfect after the 20 or so 30+min videos. I do suggest downloading a compatible player to view videos on your phone. I am using MX player where I can view, store, or delete videos. The same goes for computer. Download compatible viewer before trying to use.
on December 2, 2014
The pen helped me catch someone who has been going through my desk at work. The pen worked just as promised without any playback or resolution problems. recomend highly
on July 9, 2014
Very well made! One of the more discreet pen cameras, it doesn't stick out of the pocket very much like others do. With a little practice I was able to use it no problem at all! Charges quickly and is easy to access the files right off the pen or take the memory card out and and put it in your computer. What is great is that you can write with it, it is a fully functional pen at the same time! Video is very clear as well as the sound quality... I highly recommend!
on June 4, 2014
This is not a user-friendly pen. I can't tell when or if it's working and if I am recording until I plug into computer (for which it always malfunction). I am very disappointed in this product. But, you get what you pay for. This pen is not worth even the lower paying price.
on May 29, 2014
Seemed to be working, but when I plugged it into my computers I received an "unreadable file message." Tried everything to fix....searched Google, etc but nothing. Even called company, but all I received was a recording.

Weird, especially after reading all the great reviews.
on July 9, 2014
This Spy Pen is 100% legit. Easy to set up, Crystal Clear Picture, great audio, and super secret. I doubt there is anything better on the market for such a great price. I was blow away by the quality of product I received for this amazing price.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Before my pen arrived, I got an email from Crushers with a .PDF file of the instruction manual. It explains all you need to know, so when my pen did arrive, I plugged it to my computer to charge for a couple hours, and used it the same day. My order came with a free 8GB micro sd card, and it was already inserted in the pen. I ran the pen until it died, then today, ran it again until it died. I wanted some test results, so here's what I got.

On a full charge, my pen records 88 minutes of video, at which point the battery is drained. It automatically created 4 videos, totalling 3.26GB. If you copy your videos to a computer after every use, then the 8GB card is more than enough :)

Audio and video are not super high quality, but it's really good, I have no complaints. I am very happy with this pen.

Some things to know about the pen:

- You don't need to have the bottom part of the pen screwed on (the part with the ink cartridge). It helps if you wanted to hide the pen in a pocket or something that is too small to hold the entire pen.

- You turn the pen on and then it is in standby mode. You tap the pen to take snapshots, or hold the button for 2 seconds to record video. For convenience, you can turn the pen on and leave it in standby mode, so when a situtation comes up, you just press the button to begin recording. I haven't tested how long the pen can remain in standby mode. It's one thing I have to test. It's not mentioned in the user manual.

- My pen seems to have been tested before shipping. There were 5 pictures, and a short video clip, and there was a sign with Chinese writing in one of the photos. Most likely tested where it was manufactured. Just wanted to note this trivial thing :)

- The memory card has a folder for photos, a folder for video, and a text file for the time stamp (I haven't bothered setting the correct time stamp on my pen). If you erase the whole card, the pen will automatically create these folders and text file again. There's no fuss when working with the card. Just wipe it out, and use it in the pen again.

- The pen is on the bigger side where pens are concerned. It's not a big deal, but knowing ahead of time might keep you from being shocked. Don't expect one of those really slim pens. It's nicely made, and seems really durable.

- The USB connection is a standard mini USB connector. You will probably have a bunch of these USB cables lying around, so no worries about losing the cable. It's easy to replace :)

- Since the videos created are the common .AVI type, they play on everything I have. My Android tablets, smartphones, Windows laptops and desktop computers, etc.

- It's totally inconspicuous. I held the pen with a small notebook and faced the pen to people and the camera was aimed directly at their face. They never even suspected they were being recorded.

Everything about this pen is great for what it does. There's no cons for me, I am very pleased. It's not HD recording, but I wouldn't give it any higher marks if it were. It's more than adequate as a spy pen.

If I have two suggestions on improving this pen:

- I would like to have it plugged in to a portable battery and be able to record for 3 or 4 hours straight. It would have more uses if it could last more than 88 minutes. But it works great as a spur-of-the-moment recorder.

- I wish the whole pen were black. The chrome accents make it look like a pen of course, but if it were completely black, it would be easier to conceal. Leaving it in my shirt pocket, people will glance at the chrome clip and button on the top. If it were all black, they might never know I had in in my pocket (my shirts are black).

All in all, a great pen, worth the money, it works just as advertised, and is fuss-free when dealing with the memory card.

Recommended!
on June 15, 2014
I was disappointed in photo quality (as compared to another spy pen I have used). Was unable to change the 2008 Time/Date using the downloaded printed manual with Windows 7.