Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.60 shipping
Spyderco Assist with Carbide Tip FRN Combination Edge Black Blade Knife
|Price:||$93.08 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$61.87 (40%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested for quality and durability
- The most trusted name in you cutlery needs
- Emergency knife designed for emergency, fire, and rescue professionals, and well-equipped civilians, who rely on knives to function in unexpected, high-pressure situations
- Patented, blunt-tipped blade made of VG-10 material has toothed SpyderEdged surface for rapid slicing of seat belts and fibrous material; remaining blade surface has PlainEdge finish for detailed cutting work
- Wavy, die-cut pattern along blunt side of blade and inside handle was specially designed by Swedish firefighter, and enables quick rope cutting by squeezing handle and blade together
- 8.375-inch open length and 4.875-inch closed length; 3.7-inch VG-10 steel blade with 0.125-inch thickness, 3.2-inch cutting edge, and 0.56-inch blade hole; four-ounce weight
- Includes limited manufacturer's warranty; details included with purchase
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The compact folding emergency knife has a contoured, ergonomic handle that practically disappears into the palm of your hand.
The unique Cobra Hood positions your thumb above the protruding, articulated round hole for rapid opening of the blade, and also serves as a leveraging platform once the blade is open. A wavy, die-cut pattern along the blunt side of the blade and inside of the handle was specially designed by a Swedish firefighter, and enables you to quickly cut rope or other lines by squeezing the handle and blade together, without fully opening the blade. The durable handle is made of FRN material, molded with bi-directional textured contours designed to ergonomically wrap around your palm.
In the closed position, you can also squeeze the blade into the handle past its natural resting point, causing a retractable carbide tip to extend from the base of the handle for breaking glass. Finally, the ambidextrous knife has a survival whistle outlined in safety orange along the spine of the handle.
- 8.375-inch open length
- 4.875-inch closed length
- 3.7-inch VG-10 steel blade
- 0.125-inch blade thickness
- 3.2-inch cutting edge
- 0.56-inch blade hole
- Four-ounce weight
Sypderco knives include a limited manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Details are included with your purchase.
Thinking beyond established knife industry practices has allowed Spyderco to introduce new innovations, including one-hand opening, serrations on a folder, and a clip to attach a knife to a pocket. Spyderco remains dedicated to researching and developing improved, better-performing materials with function and reliability, and its unique cutlery line is a result of designing ergonomic, functional tools. The company puts its new products through rigorous testing prior to release, examining edge retention with a CATRA machine, looking for rust development with Q-FOG, checking the force needed to open and close a knife, and analyzing numerous other technical details.
Top Customer Reviews
(1) The serrated edge, designed mainly to cut through seat belts, works beautifully. I have tried it on thick Army Pistol Belt, parachute harness, manila ropes, rapelling ropes and it cuts like a buzz saw. This is not a surprise since Spyderco is famed for its serrated edge. For the law enforcement community this knife is also very useful for cutting flex cuffs (it has no sharp tip and can cut flex cuffs safely without harm to the wrist).
(2) The built in safety whistle on the handle is LOUD and EFFECTIVE. It will deter vicious dogs (first hand experience) or attract attention if that is what you need (i.e. lost in the woods/mountains/deserts; call for help...). This is a very clever and USEFUL safety device that you won't find in other knives, bar none.
(3) The knife blade, handle and liner lock is solidly built as in all other Spyderco knives. This a classy product from a classy knife company.
(4) The black coating on the blade is beautiful (at least for me and my line of work), tough and scratch resistant.
(5) The knife design is big, bold, filled the hand, and just outright pretty. For the law enforcement community, this knife can be used as a "light" pry tool to search for drugs in cars, other "hiding" panels, places.
(6) The price on AMAZON is very reasonable for this beautiful, useful safety/utility cutting tool. You can't get a better price for this knife any where else. Do your research and compare price.
(7) This knife is very light. It would be very useful for backpackers, hikers, and climbers.Read more ›
this is a great rescue knife, not an every day carry.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
best suited for someone with gloves on especially when using the glass breaking feature...Published 3 months ago by George Webster
Use it everyday. I am a commercial diver, and this is my topside knife. Sharp and cuts through any line with ease.Published 11 months ago by Andrew C.
This is the perfect tool to have in every vehicle. This knife is amazing and favorite of Fire Fighters...Published 17 months ago by Treader