Spyderco Manix 2 Black G-10 PlainEdge Knife
|Price:||$86.99 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$70.96 (45%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Made in USA or Imported
- Full-service folding knife that provides exceptional strength and cutting performance. Made in the USA.
- Flat-ground CPM S30V stainless steel blade with a plain (PlainEdge) cutting edge
- Improved, patented Ball Bearing Lock(TM) provides extreme strength and smooth, ambidextrous operation
- Textured black G-10 handle scales and liner edges provide a secure, comfortable grip
- Reversible deep-pocket clip supports left or right-side tip-up carry
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
A three-screw clip allows left- or right-handed carrying, and is positioned for deep-pocket comfort.
- High-carbon 154CM steel blade
- Full-flat ground blade with thumb serration
- Patented, free-floating ball bearing lock
- Oversized, 14-millimeter round hole
- Full steel liners with extended jimping
- Nonslip G10 handle
- Ambidextrous tip-up clip
- Oversized piped lanyard
- Eight-inch overall length
- 4.625-inch closed length
- 3.375-inch blade length
- Three-millimeter blade thickness
- Five-ounce weight
Sypderco knives include a limited manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Details are included with your purchase.
Thinking beyond established knife industry practices has allowed Spyderco to introduce new innovations, including one-hand opening, serrations on a folder, and a clip to attach a knife to a pocket. Spyderco remains dedicated to researching and developing improved, better-performing materials with function and reliability, and its unique cutlery line is a result of designing ergonomic, functional tools. The company puts its new products through rigorous testing prior to release, examining edge retention with a CATRA machine, looking for rust development with Q-FOG, checking the force needed to open and close a knife, and analyzing numerous other technical details.
Top Customer Reviews
The blade on the Manix is 154CM, certainly not a low quality steel, and it appropriately comes very sharp out of the box. Containing the blade is a steel frame, the perimeter of which sports nice, sharp "jimping" in just the right places. The grip frame is shaped and jimped in such a way as to allow the user a few different grips: you can choke up to the rear of the blade for precise cutting, you can hold it traditionally, or with a little adjustment make due with a reverse grip - it's quite versatile. However, you are forced to carry the knife blade-tip up, with the clip on either the right or left side. Some people like the tip-up and some like the tip-down. I prefer the tip up as is, because it allows you to grab the knife in the ready position for fast opening. Speaking of, the Manix opens plenty fast.Read more ›
Hope this helps B
1. Made in the U.S.
2. CPM S30v steel
3. Ball bearing lock
4. Great lower finger choil and upper choil for fine manipulation of the knife.
5. Great jimping pretty much everywhere.
1. The detent is actually a little to weak for my liking. Because of the lack of pressure in the dentent due to the smooth ball bearing locking mechanism, it doesn't really "snap" open as well as i would like it too.
2. Not as big as i was hoping it would be, maybe go for the XL version if you're looking for a bigger knife.
I took side by side pictures of the Manix 2 and my Tenacious to show the comparison. They are pretty much the exact same size as far as length goes in both blade and handle. The Manix 2 is slightly thicker and wider and has a top finger choil along with adding jimping. I did this comparison because i know most people who have spyderco knives own or has owned a tenacious and thought it'd give you an idea of the dimensions and feel of the knife.
(1) Size. Folded: 4-5/8" max length X 1-3/4" max width. Open: 8" total length, 5" grip length. Blade: ~3-1/2" total length, 3" cutting edge length, ~1/2" length of the blade tang is part of the grip. Max blade width is 1-3/8" at the Spyder-hole.
(2) Weight: 5 ounces. Light for the size due to G-10 scales and partial open spine (see below).
(3) Blade. High grade 154CM stainless steel. Hollow grind. Razor sharp out of the box. Easily shredded newsprint into fine strips. Blade surfaces well polished.
(4) Construction. Screw together. Full stainless steel liners. ~1-7/8" length of the spine of the handle is the stainless steel lock mechanism. The rest of the spine is open.
(5) Grip. Scales are G-10 with just the right amount of anti-slip texture, but not too gritty. Anti-slip ridges are well distributed along portions of the blade and handle. Handle is full size, well-contoured, with multiple finger grooves. Screws on handle are flush with scales (except for screws holding pocket clip). Well balanced. With the pocket clip removed, knife is completely left-right symmetric. All edges (except for the cutting edge, of course) are beveled or rounded; no burrs or sharp edges to snag a finger.
(6) Lock. This knife has the Spyderco ball-bearing lock. Once open, the knife behaves like a fixed-blade knife: the blade has no play at all. In this lock, a spring-loaded ball bearing presses against the tang of the blade, which has a groove in it. When the blade is fully open, the ball bearing snaps into the groove, locking the blade into place.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The Spyderco Manix 2 would be a great addition to your EDC collection. After reading tons of reviews (like you are doing now) on this knife I finally pulled the trigger and bought... Read morePublished 23 hours ago by Aaron lednum
The Manix 2 is awesome. It's one of my favorite EDC knives. The ball bearing lock is stronger than that of the Paramilitary 2 (which is also a great knife! Read morePublished 1 day ago by Rob Ray
great product came out of the box paper cutting I used this as my primary knife for nearly six months buy this you will love all the way around a great pocket knife that can meet... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Leslie Wattkis jr
This is knife is awesome. It super sharp, made quality materials. S30V steel on the blade. G10 hand is grippy. Read morePublished 4 days ago by TomTom
I bought this knife because I bought the Manix XL and I loved the design so much I have to have it's little brother. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Sam
i brought the manix 2 months ago straight from spyderco website I got 50% so I dint pay original price of $160 but only $79 so far im very happy from this knife very sharp good... Read morePublished 9 days ago by Nick
Excellent knife! Knife arrived very sharp out the box. Handle scales have a good medium grip. Jimping on the spine of the blade and on the choil are very good. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Hero of Chaos
I own many different folders and this is by far the best knife I have ever laid my eyes on. I like heavier, beefier knives and this is just perfect! Read morePublished 14 days ago by Josh
One of the best spyderco knives out there.....for a great pricePublished 16 days ago by Daren Tarwater