Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Spyderco Manix2 G-10 Plain Edge Knife, X-large Knife, Black
|Price:||$102.29 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$92.66 (48%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested for quality and durability
- The most trusted name in you cutlery needs
- Ambidetrous tip-up clip.
- Spyderco's patented Ball Bearing Lock.
- Black G-10 Handle with full-length skeletonized steel liners.
- Made in Golden, Colorado.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I dont usually rate things 5 stars but for this blade i will make an exception...seeing as this is the first review on amazon and most people buying this knife are serious knife nuts like myself enjoy learning more and more about the blades we buy before making the purchase...and since this is a rather expensive blade(anything over the 100 dollar mark is an expensive blade to me your mileage may very) i will try to give an honest in depth review on this knife.
1. Uses. honestly i think this particular blade is probably best suited as an emergency tactical blade because i find it to be a little large for every day carry. Its a serious blade for pocket carry with a blade that is near the 4 inch mark( 3.88 ) and a Hefty weight of 6.2 oz its a big knife. It has an overall length of 8.93 inches open and is 5.08 inches closed. serious blade for the money in my opinion. Secondly its just a cool blade to fondle and collect if ur not into using ur blades...who knows when spyderco will cease production of this blade but they drop knives like a bad habit so if your a collector i think it will make a great addition to your collection.
2. Ergonomics. This is where this blade really shines over the regular sized manix. with the extended handle(similar to the military's) it gives you alot of purchase on the handle in both the choked up position as well as the normal saber grip position. If your a jimping man man this blade has you covered in pretty much any way you could want it to...jimping above the spider hole, the palm area, as well as the finger choils really lock your hand in tight.
3. Blade/deployment. The blade is 3.Read more ›
For the category of large working folder (and optionally tactical), this blade is a TOP contender. G10 handle is somewhat aggressive compared to a Tenacious and is near identical to the Para Military 2 (same factory.) The choils/'jimping' are perfect, they are exactly as great as the pictures show, if not even better.
The knife I got (not from Amazon) has skeletonized liners and BLACK lock button, I MUST'VE RECEIVED THE NEW VERSION OF THIS KNIFE, as I found out after research elsewhere. New weight is 5.2oz, not 6.2oz. (Word is that the non-XL version of the Manix 2 is now standard with s30v, not 154, do your research folks, s30v is the way to go.)
Size is comparable to an Endura or Salt 1, not what I consider an EDC and MUCH wider blade makes it more obtrusive. Tops sticks out a lot, but you buy this for work, not subtlety.
Blade steel - I've said it before, S30V from Spyderco absolutely dominates S30V from the knives made on benches, if you get me. Still love benches though. Out of the box this thing is SCARY sharp, exactly like the Para 2. Passes paper test while barely trying.
Blade play - ZERO, alignment/centering - perfect.
Lockup - Extremely solid, just as solid as Axis Lock, however the heavy spring on this lock makes deployment not as smooth as Endura or an Axis Lock knife, but with mineral oil (smooths out the knife and non-toxic), you can get this knife 90% of the way to the level of the Endura.
OVERALL SUMMARY: One of the best workers/campers out there, Spyderco listened to their customers, they got the message from NUTNFANCY fans, "jimping" all over it and weight reduction! If/when SHTF, this blade is a top contender.Read more ›
First, the handle. The handle is extremely comfortable, ergonomic and well balanced. It just "fits" into your hand when you're using the knife. This helps with hand fatigue which, can lead to slippage which can lead to cuts. Cuts should only be on the intended material/media. Not your hand. The scales on this knife are nicely textured. They appear smooth at a glance but hold up very well to sweaty, wet, or oily hands. Internally, there are skeletonized liners inside the handle. These not only help with strength & stability but also help take away a little weight if that's ever a concern for you while packing for say, a camping trip.
Secondly, the blade. The blade is fantastic! It's made with Crucible's technology. Does more need to be said? The CPM S30V steel has an extremely high level of edge retention & because of the vanadium content being so high, can take a wickedly scary sharp edge. I have put this knife through some true "field use". I've used it to create a couple of 'feather sticks' for fire starting purposes, I've shaved wood for kindling off of several sticks of 1x2 pine. I've also used it to make breakfast as the only knife, cutting fruits, slicing meats, etc. on a cutting board. This knife just does what it's supposed to do. Now, as with all knifes, it DOES eventually get duller. I've simply stropped it & have brought it back to scary hair poppin' sharpness. I'm impressed.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice blade with g10 scales is a perfect compliment. I love my Spyderco. Thanks!Published 19 hours ago by Amazon Customer
I am a huge Spyderco fan and I own a lot of them. I wanted a larger folder and it came down to the Manix 2 XL or the Military I now own both I always find myself carrying the Manix... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Sam
Love this knife, it lives up to every review, video, etc. that I ever have seen and then some. You are warned, it's big!!Published 7 days ago by AirWolf
Spyderco makes great knives. This is much larger than the regular manix2. I love it.Published 8 days ago by Denvergeo17
Purchased for my bf, he really loves knives... very sharp right out of the box, he said it open smoothly, nice carrying knife.Published 1 month ago by K. Stine
I LOVE this Manix 2 XL knife. I love everything about this knife... the SV30 steel blade, the G10 scales, the grip, the aggressive gimping, the large size and the ball bearing lock... Read morePublished 1 month ago by D. Griffin
Yeah, I freakin' love this knife. Is it even legal for me to carry this? Who cares. It might be just a touch big for an EDC, but who cares... Read morePublished 1 month ago by jcw