5.0 out of 5 stars The best pocket knife at this price.
If you check out reviews for this knife in utube, knifecenter.com and other sites, you will see a steady 5 star review. I initially purchased this as a gift, but I'm so impressed with the quality that I decided to keep it for myself. I bought the Para2 plain edge in camo handle and black blade. The only difference is the color of the blade and handle.
I have a few...
Published on April 4, 2011 by game play addict

3.0 out of 5 stars Great knife, But...
I bought one of these just before I went over to the Middle East. I loved the grip, the size of the knife, the blade, well, everything! It cut like a light saber, and sharpened easily.
But...and there is a big but here: The lock sucked! After about six months the blade wiggled more than a stripper on the pole, and the lock actually failed to lock once! Now,...
Published 10 months ago by Harry

5.0 out of 5 stars The best pocket knife at this price., April 4, 2011
I have a few high end priced knives to include Busse and Chris Reeve. I almost purchased a $330 pocket knife until I ran into the reviews on this knife. Previous owners stated it was the best Spyderco has created taking in mind all of the quality control recommendations from previous owners. First of all, the blade is well known for maintaining its sharpness and its durablity. The heat treatment is around 59. The handle is G10 which also maintains a good grip and the lock blade is also of high quality. I won't get technical, thats what the description is for.
The only negative, which is really not one is that the knife doesn't hook up easily to a pants pocket due to the friction of the clip and the G10. This can easily be fixed by sanding down that part of the G10.
This is a must buy for a folder knife.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Folder and a Great All Purpose Knife, September 4, 2011
E. Estern (Northeastern USA) - See all my reviews
I am a big fan of Spyderco products. If you search my other reviews you'll find that I gave their flat ground Endura knife 5 stars and a rave review. For a little less than twice the price this knife gives you some big pluses and one or two slight negatives. First the (for me) cons: The blade is slightly shorter with about the same size grips, so you get less blade for the same amount of real estate in your pocket. The handle is slightly thicker, so the knife is very slightly less comfortable to carry. Lastly, as much as I love that this knife is US made, I find the fit and finish not quite up to the high standards of Japanese made Spyderco products like the Endura. Now the positives: The ergonomics of this knife are just amazing. It fits in the hand so naturally and can be gripped comfortably is a variety of positions. It blows away any other folding knife I've ever tried in this regard, including other Spydercos. If carried tip down as it comes from the factory, it is also has the most intuitive, swift and discrete deployment of any knife I've seen. Simply pull it out of your pocket by gripping the hole in the blade with thumb and the clip with your forefinger, give the knife a gentle downward snap while keeping your grip on the blade, and the knife opens. During this movement, the knife is mostly concealed by your hand so there is no flashy and intimidating blade flicking going on. I use my knife a lot, often in front of people who might be offended by such a display, so this is important to me. You can open any Spyderco folder like this, but with the way the PM2 is designed, it just works better. The S30V steel is not bad. I have this version as well as the more expensive CTS20CP steel model, and yes the 20CP is way better, but that was a limited edition that I lucked into and they are no longer available as far as I know, except at highly inflated prices. The knife is very lightweight, yet the grips are solid feeling and secure and the blade has a nice solid heft to it. The locking mechanism is superb. Solid, easy for lefties or the right handed to release and very secure feeling. It also works to keep the knife securely closed in the pocket which is very important. The flat ground blade is incredibly functional for slicing, food prep and utility use. Unlike the Endura and many other folders, the grips are designed with an open back so debris and junk can easily be flushed out of the knife. Anyway, I could go on and on about how awesome this knife is, I carry it 99% of the time and feel bereft on those rare occasions when I don't have it on me. If I seriously couldn't afford the extra $ between this and the Endura, I'd go with the cheaper knife, but to me, the extra $50-60 is a small price to pay for the significant upgrades. After owning this knife for a few weeks, I sold my lovely Chris Reeve folder (that cost around $400) on eBay. As beautiful as it was, it was just not up to the functionality and ergonomics of the Para Military 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Folder in my Collection, December 30, 2012
So I really didn't NEED a new knife when I bought this one. I have plenty of knives, and I'm very happy with all of them. But after reading lots of reviews and hearing how much everybody loves this knife I gave in and bought it.

First Impressions:

- It came out of the box hair popping sharp
- The action was smoother than any other knife I own, but stiffer than I expected
- The larger hole was nice
- Flow through design was a nice to have
- etc

Basically everything seemed pretty good and I liked it. But I wasn't incredibly in love with it, I mean it wasn't like I was ready to have it replace all my other knives. So I started carrying it as my EDC and thought I would see if it grew on me more, or if it was just going to be added to my rotation.

After Regular Use:

But something happened the more I used it. The action loosened up a little and now it takes very little effort to flip it open. I have forgotten about the extra heft in my pocket and it has become a non-issue. And after a few weeks of carrying it and using it I realized I love this knife. Picking up my other knives (Spyderco Dragonfly, Spyderco Delica, Spyderco Endura, etc) I noticed how all the features in this knife add up to be an amazing knife. The Spyder holes on my other knives seem too small now, the actions too stiff and difficult to open, the blades too thin, too short, too long, etc. Basically this knife has become my one EDC knife.

The blade length is perfect at < 3.5 inches. The handle large is enough to play around with different grips and have them all feel comfortable. The CPM-S30V steel cuts all day long without needing a touch up. I did hit the sharpening stones to polish up the edge so that it would last longer and it was pretty easy to grind the steel the way I wanted. The blade shape is great for slicing and it easily slices through food, cardboard boxes, cable ties, plastic packages, etc.

All sharp corners were smoothed out so that nothing catches while pulling it out of your pocket. The lanyard hole (not that I use it) is large enough to actually put a lanyard through it. The jimping on the thumb ramp and choil allow you to choke up on the knife and keep a secure grip on it.

I could go on and on about all the little details of this knife that, on their own seem simple and obvious, but add up to a brilliantly designed knife. If you want my opinion, don't believe the hype, buy it and see for yourself instead! You won't be disappointed. If I were to only have one folding pocket knife, I would have this knife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Wait, Even If It Took 9 Months, December 9, 2013
Never was a knife so anticipated. I bought it early April, got delivered to my uncle late May, then was shipped to me this December with stuff for Christmas. I spent the time watching reviews on YouTube and reading forums, learning about all the Pros and Cons of this knife. When I finally got it in my hands, all I could say was WOW, what a knife. Wonderfully finished flat ground blade which tapered perfectly from the base to the tip, premium S30v steel, wickedly sharp edge - whenever I sharpen my knives, I usually test the edge on my thumbnail if it catches, and this is the first one I tried that I was actually afraid it would cut through my nail - out of the box! Great looking G10 Camo scales that have skeletonized liners nested in them. Precision engineered compression lock with no play and no fear of accidental unlocking. The blade to handle ratio is a little on the short side, but there is just enough blade for almost any cutting task and more than enough handle to grip for leverage, so definitely another plus. Blade is thick enough to be tough, yet is thin enough to be a great slicer. Knife is big enough for big jobs, yet small enough to edc. These ratios must have come from experience - no designer could have drawn it up on a computer and known it would behave so perfectly. A knife made by masters for enthusiasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long, in depth review, November 11, 2013
Bobby (St. Louis MO) - See all my reviews
Whew, what can be said about this knife. A couple months back I bought a Manix 2 and stated that was the most expensive knife planned on owning. That didn't stick. Not even a bit. Strap in, this is gonna be a long review.

Upon receiving this knife my heart was pounding. I haven't been this excited in a long while. Technically, I'm an adult (28) but I still occasionally get excited over things. It's a sign of youth or something. Anyway...upon opening the Amazon box and subsequent Spyderco box, I realized my excitement was well founded. It was love at first sight. If you're reading this I'm sure you understand what I mean.

The box had the knife (obviously) and the requisite Spyderco paperwork. The knife was wrapped in a plastic sleeve. After removing the knife and holding it for the first time I saw why the Para2 is so difficult to get/keep in stock. It is beautiful. The camo scales are flawless. The satin finish is flawless. The centering and materials are flawless. The grind is flawless. The black logo and wording is flawless. I'm kinda rambling on here so let's get down to the meat of this knife....

The G10 handles, as stated earlier, are beautiful. Moreover, they are functionally superior. The grip texture is awesome. No worries of it shredding my pockets, but it grips amazingly. The G10 on the Tenacious feels like garbage compared (and I think the Tenacious is about the best value for the money). The bright silver pocket clip, standard spoon style, works excellently and is 4 way positionable. Left/right, tip up/down. Why don't all manufacturers do this? It carries fairly deep, about a half inch or so sticks up above the pocket in the tip up orientation. Not too bad. The GIANT lanyard hole is nice and its 'piped' not a hole in each scale. It's large enough to fit at least 2 pieces of 550 through. The steel liners are aggressively skeletonized, reducing weight quite a bit. This knife doesn't weigh you down. The overall grip easily accommodates my XL hands, without choking up on the choil. Speaking of the choil, it incorporates Spyderco's world beating jimping. The absolute BEST jimping around, in my opinion. The thumb ramp also has the sharp, comfortable jimping as well. A+ on the handle an ergonomics.

Now the blade. As mentioned, the blade sat perfectly centered in the handle. Awesome. That feature should be on every knife, regardless of price. The oversized Spydie hole is a dream, works well with gloves or without. The blade rides on buttery smooth, low friction phosphor bronze washers. The action is as good as I've ever experienced, and what is to be expected from Sal and the boys. Mr. Sal Glesser has his own logo on the right side of the blade, as does Eric Glesser, Sal's son. Proudly marked on the right side, near the tang is the country of origin; Golden Colorado USA Earth. Sweet. The left side has the black Spyder logo near the thumb hole and the steel, in this case CPM S30V.

Crucible Materials Corporation's fantastic blade steel is used on this knife. It is strong, resistant to corrosion, and takes a wicked sharp edge. Anyone who owns a Spyderco knows how sharp they are delivered. This knife raised the bar. It is insanely...absurdly...outstandingly...stupidly....there isn't an adjective to describe it. It isn't surgical scalpel sharp, no pocket knife is, but this is by far the sharpest I've ever seen. And it holds it's edge very well. I've cut cardboard, tape and plastic strapping and the edge is still sharp enough to make the hair jump off my arm. The final piece I'll say is about the compression lock. It's solid. The blade swings up, hits the stop pin and the compression lock slides into a notch in the tang. It's kinda like a reverse liner lock, but stronger. Disengaging the lock and supplying a light flick of the wrist sends the knife swinging closed. Very nice being able to open and close with one hand.

If I came off as a Spyderco fanboy, it's because I am. I have been supremely pleased with every product I've purchased from them. This knife didn't quench the thirst for badass knives, it kinda made it worse. If you're still with my I'll sum it all up with a final sentence. The Paramilitary 2 is an awesome knife and I don't know that you can find a better all around knife at any price point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, February 8, 2013
Great knife. Would recommend to anyone!!! I guess I have to keep typing to get 16 more words to complete the review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way exceeded my expectations, December 6, 2011
This review is from: Spyderco ParaMilitary G-10 Plain Edge Knife (Sports)
I had very average expectations for this knife. I mainly bought it because the reviews are consistently so glowing. It doesn't look like a knife I would use as an EDC. Boy was I wrong. This knife is slick. The edge is extremely sharp and very well applied. CPM-S30V steel is of course extremely good knife steel and there is a lot of it in this blade.

The hinge is very slick. The blade opens effortlessly and can be closed one-handed with one flick of the wrist. The compression lock is very nice and works perfectly. Being able to release the lock with your index finger is extremely convenient. You can safely disengage the lock and flick the blade closed in one movement.

The G10 scales are very functional and are just very cool looking. The G10 with the camo pattern is partly translucent and shows the camo etched just under the surface. The texture is rough and will not slip in your hand. The edges are nicely rounded to improve ergonomics. The shape of the scales is very ergonomic, allowing multiple grips where you can choke up less or more on the blade.

It's very solid with no play in the hinge. The G10 is textured perfectly over the frame. It's a great knife, my third favorite Spyderco after my Sage 1 and Sage 2. This Para-II will be seeing a lot of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ultimate EDC, December 25, 2013
This knife surprised me by living up to all the hype it is given on the net and in YouTube videos. Smooth as silk pivot, open construction, and that compression lock. People new to Spyderco may think these are strange looking knives. I mean isn't a knife suppose to have a straight handle? And what's with this hole in the blade?
Well cast off your preconceptions. Look at your hand. What would fit best in your hand a straight stick or something curved?
Once you open your mind to the possibilities and get use to a new paradigm in knife design you will find this the best knife you have ever owned. Great blade steel, great blade design, second generation design which has integrated improvements from both Spyderco and the customers who use their products. They call it CQI which stands for "constant quality improvement". In this case it worked!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super AND it Carries Well!, September 15, 2012
Peter (New Hampshire, USA) - See all my reviews
I originally bought a Spyderco Military, which is a great knife. But it was just too big in my pocket. Always getting caught on things, getting in my way.

I recently bought THIS knife, the ParaMilitary 2. It IS alike a little brother of the Military. It's GREAT. Sharp as heck right out of the box. NICE ergonomics. Opens easily. AND... it carries EASILY in my jeans pocket for everyday use. I love it. HIGHLY recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pocket knife I've ever handled, November 11, 2011
This is a capable defensive folder, but it's not out of place as an EDC.

Pros:
- Tremendously comfortable/secure grip
- Very light for such a solid knife, with great balance to it
- Very minor blade play when specifically tested for it, compression lock seems very strong
- Blade opens like butter. One handed close is easy.
- Nice blade centering in closed position
- S30V steel
- Very functional blade shape

Cons:

- Not a fan of the bright silver clip, would've liked something darker, or at least non-reflective. It's easily swapped out, though.
- Tip is quite fine, which has its advantages, but it may not be able to tolerate as much misuse as some other knives.
- Would like to see more even pricing between the models.

Spyderco ParaMilitary G-10 Plain Edge Knife