Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on April 3, 2000
If you are looking for the perfect gift for a knife collector/user or anyone interested in knives, THIS IS THE PERFECT GIFT.
As one who has none of these characteristics, I found the book fascinating- an intriguing look at a world I knew nothing about. The final chapter is an unexpected gold mine of ideas and insights into a company, Spyderco, whose philosophy is guided by integrity ... "being good even if no one is watching".
You'll buy this book because it's the definitive book about a great knife company and its products. When you read it, you will get a lot more...you will learn about the company they call "the mouse with a megaphone" and it's no Mickey Mouse either!
on July 16, 2000
I bought this book for my knife collecting husband who not only loves Spyderco, but is an avid reader. He immediately read the book from cover to cover and refers to it on what seems to be a daily basis. He routinely reads passages to me when we're discussing his knives and why he prefers Spyderco over all others. If you know someone who likes folding knives at all, BUY THIS BOOK!
on February 21, 2000
I am fascinated by the book's descriptions of the design-rationale behind each of Spyderco's many knives.
Also, the book describes the management philosophy and practice at the Spyderco company. Fascinating insight into what makes Spyderco knives so good!
A nice feature of the book is that it can be read in bits and pieces. It has lots of glossy photos. It reminds me of reading National Geographic magazine. Parts are nice for casual browsing, other parts have in-depth description.
If I have my pants on, I'm carrying a Spyderco knife! If your Spyderco knife is indispensible, I'm confident you'll like this book!
on February 21, 2000
This excellent knife became an instant favorite when it was first introduced to the public. It also became very popular with the law enforcement community. If you are someone who owns and carries a Spyderco knife, you will want to read this book. It is loaded with clear and detailed photographs of the various Spyderco models. This text covers the history and inner workings of the company, as well as how their innovative designs took the knife world by surprise. This book is well-written and a joy to read.. As a knife enthusiast, I own numerous quality knives. I also have several Spyderco knives and I found them to be among the most reliable kniives in my collection. If you love Spyderco knives, or just love all kinds of blades, you will want to read this book.

Rating: 5 Stars. Joseph J. Truncale (Author: Knife Handling & Knife Defense for Law Enforcement Official Course Manual).
on December 12, 2015
I am glad that I bought it on time
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse