Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Triple Character Pack (Drobot, Flameslinger, Stump Smash)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Edition: Drobot, Flameslinger, Stump Smash|Change

on November 14, 2011
Since it seems like Amazon just puts all the reviews for all of the 3-packs together, I'll say that, in general, any of the 3-packs are worth the price since you're really only paying about $6.67 for each figure (as opposed to shelling out $7.99 for each separately).

Each character in the game has their own element, which are needed for unlocking restricted bonus areas (which usually contains additional coins and hats), but aren't required to complete the game. In total, there are eight different elements: magic, earth, life, undead, fire, air, water, and tech. If you only own ANY of the starter pack (which includes the game and the "Portal of Power"), then you already have three of the elements covered: Spyro (magic), Trigger Happy (tech), and Gill Grunt (water).

Now, at the time of this writing, only 3 packs are available (I can only assume more will come in the future). The three packs are:
Drobot (tech), Flameslinger (fire), and Stump Smash (life)
Eruptor (fire), Chop Chop (undead), and Bash (earth)
Prism Break (earth), Boomer (tech), and Voodood (magic)

So if you're looking to cover each one of the elements (or want to buy the bare minimum to keep your kid happy and not tear your wallet a new one), the best choice is to go with the Eruptor, Chop Chop, and Bash pack. Then you can purchase the last two elements (life and air) separately.
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2011
Skylanders is a great game for kids 6 - 13 and old school gamers (like me) in their 30's. Co-op with a parent and child works great. The game can be played with just the three starter characters, but it is best realized by having at least one character from each class (8 in all). The 360, Wii, and PS3 starter sets come with (1 magic, 1 water, 1 tech), so you will want to add at least (1 life(leaf), 1 fire, 1 air, 1 undead, and 1 earth (mountain)). This character set will get you a fire character, a life character and a 2nd tech character. While this set doesn't get you as close to all 8 classes as the Character pack 3 does, it offers 3 character's that are particularly fun to play, Flameslinger is a fire archer that blows up enemies at a distance like a beast. Drobot shoots gears, lasers from his eyes, can fly, and has a really cool voice. Stump Smash is a melee tank. These characters compliment each other well. To get the other 3 classes I would buy the crypt expansion to get undead Ghost Roaster, Pirate Seas to get Terrafin(earth), and Sonic Boom(air) for a boy or (air) Whirlwind for a girl (shoots rainbows).

If you want to get all 8 classes the cheapest route possible then buy character pack 3 (Eruptor, Chop chop, Bash) then add a single Stealth Elf (life) and a single Sonic Boom or Whirlwind. The only caveat here is I personally didn't enjoy playing any of the characters from Character pack 3 as much as the others. (note: I'm a nut and have all 32 characters)
on October 16, 2011
Great "booster pack" for the starter pack, perfect first place to start expanding the game. Assuming you bought the starter pack (required to play), if this is the first thing you buy, you'll get another tech character (perfect for 2 kids who are splitting 6 figures, for example) and then 1 fire character and 1 plant character, which will greatly help as you progress in the game.
55 comments|14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 2, 2012
The game in and of itself is fun. I have characters from all elements except 2 (life and Air), which kind of sucks because I can't go into specific areas due to not having the other two elements. However, I will not pay these ridiculous and criminal prices. I completely agree, supply and demand can cause prices to rise, but these prices are just the result of some serious money hungry people who want to rip everyone else off. Normal price for 3 pack is $19.99. Normal price per individual Skylander is $7.99. Don' t get ripped off by these people and pay more then that.. Send the message, we will NOT be ripped off because you stole all the supplies and are now jacking up the price beyond what is even reasonable.
1010 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2013
These characters were great for the three players in our household:
My son loves Stump Smash, since "smash" pretty much sums up his approach to playing Skylanders. He also likes barfing acorns at enemies.
My daughter likes Drobot a lot because he can fly. Also, fully upgraded Drobot allows for strafing attacks, which is unique to my (fairly limited) Skylanders experience.
Personally I prefer Flameslinger for his sniping ability, and his flame run is a nice defensive ability.

Over all a good combination of play types to expand your Skylanders collection.
on September 2, 2013
As with all of the Skylanders, these characters are beautifully created. The design of the characters as well as the various textures and colors on the same character make them little works of art.

As for the game play, we really enjoy them. We have found buying the Spyro's characters gives us double bang for our buck since they all work on the Spyro and Giants game. Originally, my son really wanted Stup Smash and I found this pack for nearly the same price as the single character, so to build his Skylanders collection, I got this triple pack instead.

I have to say that after playing with all three characters, Drobot has become one of our favorite characters to play. The Spyro version of the character seems bigger and more majestic looking than the Giant's version. And once you start powering up Drobot, he's practically unstoppable. Not to mention, he is one of the few characters who can fly after you've powered him up.

Flameslinger and Stump Smash are two classic characters and we enjoy playing with them as well. You could buy the individual characters, but buying the triple pack is more affordable and builds your collection more quickly. And these are three great classic Skylanders that everyone should own.
on April 7, 2013
My son was looking for a specific character for the Skylander's game that he has. We were unable to find it in any of our local stores, but found the character in this set, along with others he did not have yet. The pricing for the product was very reasonable and the shipment was timely, with the product in hand in only a few days. Excellent pricing, service and packaging!
on February 22, 2013
The product arrived on time and in perfect working condition. My kid loves these over priced things so I guess I'll have to keep buying them. I would however recommend that anyone shopping for these just go ahead and make the transition to Skylanders Giants or at least buy figures that are compatible with both "adventures" and "giants".
on November 19, 2013
only compatible With Spyros Adventure. My child just plays with them. He does not have the game yet. Prices are too steep for what the game entails and the endless amount of characters available for purchase!
on October 5, 2012
I am not a fan of how the skylander you have to purchase characters, but it keeps my nephews entertained...what more does a parent really want from a christmas present. These were a great price and much cheaper than most stores.