Supreme Commander 2 [Download]
- Take on the role of three enigmatic commanders; former friends from each of the unique factions -- The United Earth Federation (UEF), The Illuminate and the Cybran Nation -- who get dragged into a conflict of galactic consequences
- Explore a rich, character-driven single-player game which spans over 18 missions and delivers a new level of emotional connection to the RTS genre, or take the battle online for an exhilarating multi-player experience
- Fight action-packed battles on a massive scale, waging war with enormous land, air and naval units in visually spectacular environments, brought to life by all-new rendering technology and a true evolution of RTS controls on both platforms
- Upgrade and customize armies with new weapons and technology and deploy them instantly on the battlefield, turning a base-level tank into a high-powered, multi-barreled, anti-aircraft-sporting multipurpose battle unit
- Deploy experimental war machines that can change the balance of power at any given moment; experience a streamlined economy and redesigned UI putting the focus squarely on combat, battlefield tactics and high-level strategic decision making
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Set 25 years after the events of the original game, Supreme Commander 2 begins with the assassination of the newly elected president of the Colonial Defense Coalition. The CDC members - the United Earth Federation, the Order of the Illuminate, and the Cybran Nation - deny involvement, blame each other and galactic war ensues...
- A deep and powerful story element adds a personal, human aspect to a storyline previously focused on warring factions and the politics that fuel them. The single player campaign features three character-driven storylines set 25 years after the events of Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
- Command enormous armies made up of customizable land, air and naval units. Each of the three diverse factions - The United Earth Federation (UEF), the Cybran Nation and the Illuminate - have been completely redesigned from the original game, with many units
- Experimental units returning with new designs and greatly enhanced looks...and some new tricks that can be unlocked through research
- New Supreme Commander Gameplay Experience: players now have the ability to research new technologies and units and deploy them instantly on the battlefield, allowing them to upgrade a base-level tank to a high-powered, multi-barreled, AA-sporting monster by the end of a given game
- Strategic Mode UI: the redesigned UI that is faster, takes up less screen real-estate and gives better player feedback
- New rendering technology that allows us to create visually spectacular environments
|Operating System||Windows XP/Vista/7||Windows XP/Vista/7|
|CPU||Processor: 3.0 GHz or better, AMD or Intel CPU||2.6 GHz or better, Dual Core AMD or Intel CPU|
|Memory||1GB RAM (XP) 1GB RAM (Vista / Win 7)||2GB RAM (XP) 2GB RAM (Vista / Win 7)|
|Graphics Hardware||256 MB VRAM DX9 compliant with Pixel Shader 2.0 w/ instancing support||256 MB VRAM with Pixel Shader 3.0|
|Sound Card||No accelerated sound hardware required|
|Hard Drive Space||4-5 GB, for full install & DirectX|
|Internet Conenction||Cable / Broadband||Cable / Broadband|
Additional Installation Information
Steam account required for installation and online play
Platform: PC Download
Top Customer Reviews
Supreme Commander 2 is the latest game in a disturbing trend gripping the gaming industry: more and more developers simply have no regard at all for the fans who put them on the map. If you enjoyed Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance for everything that made them unique, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. It is complete and utter rubbish, in essence a parody of the masterful original. The game has been dumbed down to be almost unrecognizable, although some of the good elements like extreme map zooming and a good unit patrol interface remain. Those who prefer more micro-heavy games like Command and Conquer may still get some enjoyment out of it, but if you want a small scale RTS there are many of them better than Supreme Commander 2.
The problems start with Tiers. In Supreme Commander 1, there were three tiers of units, plus experimental units. The first tier units were like little ants, useful for little other than early game harassment but incapable of dealing any real damage. Second tier units were capable fighters, and third tier units were pretty powerful. By the end of the game, you could have hundreds upon hundreds of units out, yet it was still possible for a single experimental unit to slice through your entire army and kill your commander.Read more ›
Years ago, I heard about Total Annihilation. It was similar to other RTS games, but on an absolutely massive scale. I loved carrying on coordinated assaults of multiple groups of hundreds of units each. It redefined how I looked at all RTS games.
In 2007, I got Supreme Commander expecting more of the same. I couldn't have been more pleased. Incredibly huge maps, beautiful graphics, an unbelievable difference in the size and power of units - everything I could hope for in a large-scale RTS. Some maps were so big, that it could take slower units 10-15 minutes to cross it. Some units took so long to build that it could take an hour for a single low level engineer to complete them. After you completed this massive unit (they were called "Experimentals"), it was always a pleasure to watch it slowly plod across the map and take down hundreds of units and half of the enemy base. Economy and assault required substantial planning and coordination. These were all possible because the game had an excellent interface, and a lot of thought was put into streamlining economy and mobilizing assaults. All of this worked together to provide an extremely rewarding experience. I can say without hesitation that Supreme Commander provided you with the most satisfaction of any RTS when carrying out a successful assault.
Supreme Commander:Forged Alliance was more of the same, but better. They added to the game, optimized and improved it.
Chris Taylor (the creator of these games) had outdone himself each time, so it never even occurred to me that Supreme Commander 2 would be anything less than magnificent.Read more ›
first off this game is not just a step backwards from supreme commander: it was also a step back from TA which came out well over 10 years ago now and is STILL a great game. supreme commander 2 has slightly better graphics than TA, but that is about it... in terms of game play, it lacks almost all of the things that made TA and supreme commander great and most importantly DIFFERENT than every other game.
i wanted this game to be great. i wanted this game to be fun. i wanted this game to expand on the things that made supreme commander and TA before it the greatest games i had ever played.
instead what I got is garbage... i got C&C without the high quality movies and plot. if you really want to play a game like this, play the latest command and conquer game. it may be the same thing as C&C 1, and red alert and generals and on and on and on. but at least because they had practice, they did a good job at it. supreme commander 2 tried to make C&C too but since they were abandoning what they were good at to copy something else what came out was crap.
I've been downloading updates for the last two days, unable to play the game until complete. And this evening when I tried to continue with my updates, Steam informed me they were too busy to handle my request. Completely unacceptable. I am deeply irritated... and I paid a fraction of the price many people bought this game for. I'd still say I overpaid.
I will not buy another Steam based game, period.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not as good as the original from a playability perspective, but the story telling was better in the campaign.Published 5 days ago by Lemming
I BOUGH THIS BULLS*** I CANT EVEN INSTALL IT DONT BUY THIS ITS A SCAM!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
If you were a fan of the original and the fist sequil this one will be a huge disappointment. If you have not played the two good ones this one would probably be quite fun. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Turbo Girl 2005
So far this is great for my kids kids. I truly really love products that work. Come on people give it a try and you will love it. Read morePublished 4 months ago by sabrina smith