Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Platform: PC Download|Change
Price:$14.99

on March 30, 2010
Just Cause 2 is about the most fun that I have had with a PC game in a while. The graphics are absolutely amazing, view distance, dynamic environments. The look of this game is everything of Far Cry 2, with even more gasps of awesome.

You play the part of Rico Rodriguez, a CIA agent who is about the most physics breaking mass of testosterone I have ever seen. You are dropped into a large, open country to drop an evil dictator out of power by working with several different factions. To do this you have mass amounts of vehicles at your disposal, a multitude of guns and explosives and most importantly, a grappling hook and parachute.

This last part is the best part of the game. Using the hook, you can climb objects, access flying vehicles from the ground, pull people out of air and even tie object together. Tie someone to a barrel and blast the thing into space to see some real fun.

Initially, the game did not impress me. The story and mission parts of the game reminded me of Far Cry 2. Lots of repetition and little development. Then I hit a point where I slammed my car into another car and flew them both off a cliff. Seeing myself falling I decided to use my grappling hook to escape, but only managed to snare another bystander. In the end I opened a parachute and glided to safety all while watching one of the most insane wrecks ever. The game is full of stuff like this. Tie a motorcycle to a car and use it as a wrecking ball. Rope a plane and ride it around just because you can. So many times I found myself asking "Man wouldn't it be cool if I could to this?" Moments later, I did.

At this point I found that the point of the plot and game is actually secondary to the extreme sandbox fun in there. At points of my new found enjoyment, my wife actually thought I lost my mind due to the non-stop laughter and childlike joy radiating out of me. The fun factor of this game is higher than anything I can imagine playing lately. Honestly, this game is pure sandbox first, and an actual game third. Also, your destructive acts are rewarded with guns and vehicles. How many games honestly reward your childlike explosive needs?

As for the lack of XP support, well we saw this coming. Not many people cried that Halo didn't work on windows 3.1, so we really just need to move on here. DirectX 10 will simply not work on XP, and the look and feel of this game is something so amazing that you just need the best to make it happen.

If you are on the fence about getting yet another FPS in a time where they are roaming the earth, get off on this side now. This is not yet another modern day shooter remake, nor are you wandering yet another WW2 battlefield, this is something truly special.
66 comments|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2011
Just Cause 2 Requires you to play through a program called Steam. Steam is nothing but a connection to the PC gaming community. Steam doesn't effect the game play at all, including Graphics and Frames per second. If you aren't sure about purchasing, you can download the Just Cause 2 demo from Steam itself, which is an accurate representation of how the full game will run. If your having trouble downloading, these are the steps I took.

1)Download Steam from Steam's Website.
2)Purchase the Game from Amazon
3)Instead of using Amazon's Down-loader,go to "Your Amazon Account" and then "Your Games and Software Library". View your Games "Activation Key"
4)Open Steam's Game Library. At the Bottler left corner you will a Option to "ADD a Game". Click on that.
5)Chose To "Activate a product or game" and Insert the Game's Activation key you viewed from Amazon.
6)At this point your download will begin on Steam. The download took me about an hour and a half.

It is a slight drawback using Steam to run Just Cause 2, but believe me the game is worth it. I would recommend this game to anyone in a heart beat.
**I cant Stress this enough. First try out the demo on Steam**
review image review image
1111 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2011
Weak story, made up for by tons of ways to drag the bad guys around and use them as a human wrecking ball. If that sentence didn't convince you that this game is amazing, then nothing will.

My favorite activity is grappling to a large, upright gas canister, then shooting it as I cling to the side. It shoots into the air, along with me, and just before it explodes, I jump off. It's like BASE jumping, but you can do it from the ground. Loads of fun.

Missions and ways to create chaos get a little repetitive after a while, but you can just mess around with stealing planes and blowing things up if you get bored with the missions.

The real value of this game is its neverending pool of things you can do. Missions and story are secondary to the open nature of the world. If you need a structured experience, this isn't for you. This game is for people who want to see big explosions and do things that we all know are pretty much impossible in real life.
on May 14, 2011
Excellent game. I am still playing it. Lots of room for exploration, quests galore, and I love the parachutes. Good choice of weapons, vehicles, ect. Only one problem so far, that is I purchased a helicopter with all the money I had left, saved the game at a base I completed and left it there to exit the game altogether. When I restarted the next day, the chopper was GONE! HuH?? Only thing is I destroyed the enemy chopper at the base during the initial fight, and it reappears every time, and I'm thinking, why do I need to buy one? Also, if you beach a boat, it won't be there when you go back for it??? Other than that, it's a fun game that let's you complete the quests in your own way other than a few quirks which all games have. I'd recommend it for an action/strategy shooter enthusiasts.
44 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2011
The best game in it's class, but it didn't get the advertisement it deserve. this is a remarkably hi-end graphics, open world shooter, drive and discover, fly and blow up stuff, with great addition, the Almighty garbling hook! you have to play it to know what I am talking about.

Just buy it, don't think twice, you will love it in 2-3 days, and then you will be addicted, for EVER!!!
on January 5, 2016
Just Cause is an amazing game that even with Just Cause 3 out, can hold its own wieght. This game is not only amazing, but runs well on older systems.

To explain what Just Cause 2 is like is a bit hard. You are essentially put into the definition of a sandbox with one goal: Chaos. You can destroy military bases, zip-line almost anywhere and parachute off a balloon club floating in the sky! In this game the possibilities are truly endless.I would recommend giving this game a shot as there is no way you cannot love it.
on August 2, 2011
Just Cause is a game that doesn't try to be any more than it is. A big fun action game with lots of explosions, guns and special effects. The free roaming action (after the first couple of missions) lends itself very well to a game that doesn't take itself too seriously. It is not heavy on story with over the top dialog and acting to match. The shear number of vehicles and guns is impressive and the grapple anywhere mechanic creates a number of intriguing game play scenarios. You should note that this version does use Steam and will need to connect to the Steam servers to verify your product key as well as update the game. The game totals around 5GB with the included DLC. By default the installer won't even use the DVD to install the game and will download the entire package from the Steam servers. There is a command-line workaround to install off the DVD that makes your download around 80MB to update from the DVD version of the game. There has been a recent steam update that is supposed to address DVD installations of Steam titles, but I don't know if it applies to all Steam games or just newer ones. Either way, if you have a slow connection you may be waiting a while to play this amazing action game.
on December 16, 2013
Maybe that's all you need to know. If you want the opinion of a 56 y/o white male then read on. I've played upwards of 125 PC games since 1997 & Windows95. Just Cause 2 has the feel of a console game ported over to the PC, but it does come over seamlessly (for me anyway). I think the target audience of games like this must be boys 12-16, and there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe my problem is I should just stop playing games like this? I have played so many of these shallow, scripted, shoot-em-ups I guess I've just had enough. Well, this title I picked up about a year ago and finally got around to it. Played about 30 minutes before uninstalling it. It has no coherent story, no latitude of gameplay, and is bereft of creativity. This is simply a mindless, senseless, and pointless orgy of violence. No strategy required. The physics are outragously exaggerated. You are lead by the nose through a narrow corridor of trigger points, visible and invisible, to some inane ladder of achievements. Player character is unlikable (you feel nothing for him).

PROS - Scaled difficulty levels. Simple control scheme. Mouse & keyboard just fine. Camera angle seems appropriate. Pretty much continuous action.

CONS - STEAM (personal information for sale). No character development that I could see (in 30 minutes). Might be offensive to some due to heavy ethnic stereotyping. Tightly scripted. Zero replay value.

I want to expand a little on the offensive nature of this game. I know other games are much worse. I played the entire GTA series (except #5 is not out on the PC as of this review) so I know something of offensive games. However, I defend GTA because it goes out of it's way to offend everyone. GTA is so outragously offensive that it's actually funny. Well, Just Cause 2, in my opinion, is offensive to a narrow ethnicity and it's just not funny at all.

If you liked the series GTA, Left 4 Dead, Lost Planet, Unreal Tournament, you might like this. Why...relentless shooting, sadistic & gratuitous violence, shallow learning curve.

If you liked the series ArmA, Mass Effect, STALKER, Fallout, then you might want to move along. Why...these all have a character to develop, multiple strategies to try, meaningful dialog, immersive stories, huge open environments, dynamic campaigns, and steep learning curves.
on May 28, 2013
This game is absolutely endless fun. I've been playing it for several months now - 60+ hours into the game - and I'm only at about 40% completion. I highly recommend the game for its mindless mayhem, great vistas, and fun stunts.
on June 21, 2012
So much has been written about this game that I am just going to focus on the highlights for me. It works great on windows 7 64 bit without a hitch. I have had a ton of fun learning to operate all the different vehicles "lots of them" as well as learning the other modes of getting around or taking down the enemy. There are hundreds of side missions but it turns out that really there are only about ten side missions that get rehashed with the stash moved around so it seems a little different. But if you like reeking havoc, and who doesn't, there is a lot of fun to be had here. What I would like more of is anti aircraft guns that the enemy uses so that I don't have such a huge advantage when I'm in a black hawk or jet fighter. I would also like an enemy that does not give up the chase so easy. Lastly I would like a better story. But still, I must have played for 100 hrs before I am starting to get tired of it and that is saying something when really the adventure is over after the first 20hrs. From then on I was only getting better at blowing things up and wiping out hundreds of little enemy soldiers that keep regenerating. If you have not played this game it is a must have for your collection. My favorite is still, Stalker, C.O.P. and if the new one ever comes out you won't find me out in the streets as I will be playing on my PC.