Published 20 months ago by Sylvester The Photographer Potter

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Translucent Enough
Published 18 months ago by BeerGuy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tents for jewelry and almost anything (newborns included), January 2, 2013
This review is from: Square Perfect 2095 48-Inch Light Tent Photo Cube Softbox with 4 Colored Backgrounds for Product Photography (Electronics)
I've had this tent for about 10 days now, and I've been shooting my watches for Invicta....I must say that the light is very very flattering when using this tent. Positioning of the lights is very important, and while the tent softens the light...you still have work to do to get a great image. I have the 48 inch tent, and it's very very large...large enough to put small children in and shoot them. The fabric is top quality, and the sweeps/backdrops it comes with are nice velvet pieces. They do need to be ironed and can handle a good amount of heat on the non-Velvet side so I do recommend you iron on that side only...it flattens out pretty easily with steam. I've uploaded 2 images of my watches so you can see the quality of the light given by this tent. Folding it was pretty easy once you do it the first time (ten minutes) it's very fast the next time. If needed you can always go on YOUTUBE and check some videos on how to fold a tent... Feel free to ask any questions....as the reviews here are not very helpful. Thanks, Sylvester Potter Photography

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Translucent Enough, March 25, 2013
I bought one of the larger tents and to me, it seems the material is too thick and opaque. I placed 500 watt tungsten lamps on each side and the interior was "way" too dark to shoot. Had to eventually use a bounce flash within the cube to get the couple of shots needed. I have a smaller 24" cube from somewhere else and its a very light, thin white nylon that allows light in easily. In fact, I can illuminate that with a couple desk lamps and 100 watt bulbs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Even Lighting, July 19, 2013
I am glad I got this size for the objects I shoot. I'm using flash from both sides and on top in my initial experiments and it seems to be providing a soft even coverage that looks good for my tests. I basically just got this but I like it already.

Things to note: It felt clumsy to fold back up the first time. It is helpful if you understand the folding of a "5 in 1" reflector.
I may be able to post a video in the future, showing how I do it for those who are having trouble.

The backgrounds are nice and they fold into squares so you may need to steamm or iron the wrinkles out. I am thinking about just tossing one into the dryer for about 10 minutes to see if that might help but I will contact the manufacturer for advice on that before I do. I like the velvety feel they have on the shooting side.

I stand 5' 11" and was able to sit inside this with headroom so pets, children or maybe even headshots will be possible? I would be careful as the fabric doesn't feel cheap but that kind of abuse , I'm sure, is not it's intended use.

I use it mostly for lighting highly reflective items or shiny objects where cutting glare is important. It has performed very well at this.
I use cheap yung nuo speedlites 560's and they are perfect for this. I will update as I continue testing and trying new techniques.

The front, with a slit opening for sticking your camera through , is a very nice touch.
The worst part , as others have already pointed out, is the instructions on folding. Just be patient and practice the motion once you get it. Don't try and force it as it might rip and make you think it's the product when actually, it's just lack of proper instructions.
I didn't need to turn to youtube for instruction but I'm sure there is something helpful there. If not, I will try and fill that void.

Good luck and enjoy!
Rob

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential tool for a studio, March 9, 2010
I am so glad I didn't get a smaller tent. I shoot textiles and some can be quite small. Even so, I don't regret getting a larger tent. There's room to set up items without knocking into the sides and disturbing the setting. But the initial set up of the tent was surprising. It popped out of the case like that scene from The Dick VanDyke Show when Laura opens the closet door and the inflatable boat pops open. It was a bit of a shock and nearly took out one of my lights. So a word to the wise: hang onto an edge when opening it up or it will go flying! (Even so, it will try to go flying!) The backdrop cloth did have a lot of fold creases but after a few days of hanging, that got better. A steamer works better than an iron to get those creases out. Love the fact it came with 4 different backdrop colors. The light is wonderfully even. I highly recommend this tent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light tent. Couldn't as for more!, July 23, 2013
This light tent was larger than expected. I ordered the 48" model. It was very easy to set up. I would probably recommend getting the largest size you thing you can work with. It came with different colored backdrops but I mainly use the black one or none at all. I like how it sets up very quickly and is sturdy. I have a three light system and I like how I can set up one light on each side and one on overhead. Diffuses the light beautifully. Very good quality for the price. The backdrops are easy to install and remove quickly. I have had no issues after using this tent at least 5 times a week since I purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, June 12, 2013
i recommend this product, it has held up well
made out of a strong cloth
does not collapse on itself

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME softbox! I'm a pro photographer., March 31, 2013
Techy Guy (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I'm a professional photographer (danielscherl dot com). I bought this for product photography and it's AWESOME! I love it! It made my job SO much easier than it used to be. See the picture of "Flynn Helper Custom Glass Blower" on my websites "Misc." gallery for a sample pic of the results (you do need good lighting as well). [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not hesitate to buy this photo tent., May 11, 2014
The actual size of this cube is 46x46. First of all once you pop this open and steam out the wrinkles you won't ever want to fold it up again. Steaming out the wrinkles every time you unfold this product is not what you want to spend two hours doing each use. Instead steam it out once, like i did, and to store it flat just pull the panels to each other. So keep the 46x46 inch panels erect, and pull the sides in so your unit is 46x46 and a depth of like 4 inches. (do not twist and fold the panels into the quarter size to go back into its storage bag). So now you have all 4 panels flat to each other and can store the unit behind a door or under your shoot table. BUT now you want to keep it clean as the material is a beautiful white, i bought a vinyl tarp 6'x10' and when folded in 1/2 it is 5'x6' (a roomy storage sleeve) which is plenty of tarp to put the flattened "cube" inside and fold edges to keep dust and dirt out. They do sell smaller tarps if you prefer a 4'x8' tarp folded is a "perfect 4'x4' storage sleeve" for your flatened cube. Tarps sell at $3-8 bucks. Be sure and buy only a white or a silver tarp, as you do not want color rubbing onto your cube.

5.0 out of 5 stars We all should have a couple of these., May 10, 2014
It works great. Good lighting setup with GREATLY improve results. This is a good purchase if you take product photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a difference in my pictures!, April 28, 2014
This tent works so well---it's easy to set up and once you learn the twist method, easy to put away in the storage bag. I love that it comes with multiple colored fabric to use for backgrounds. The large size is great for my smallest pieces and my largest--and it works well to bounce around the light so my pictures turn out great every time. I set up a table in the middle, cover with fabric, place my objects, and snap pictures--easy and quick way to get an amature photographer with a medium quality camera to produce professional looking photos!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›