3,346
SquareTrade 1-Year Tablet Protection Plan ($100-$150)
Service plan term: 1 YearService plan covered value: $ 100-$150Change
Price:$22.99 + Free shipping

on July 14, 2012
Service plan term: 2 YearsService plan covered value: $ 350-$400Verified Purchase
Purchased this squaretrade warranty about a week after receiving my Asus TF300 (I think that's the model number). I thought it was pretty cool that you had 30 days from the date of purchasing a tablet to buy this warranty. Initially I didn't think to order a one along with my Asus. Didn't have the tablet a good 60 days before I dropped it on the floor like an idiot, and completely shattered the screen. Called squaretrade, filed a claim, and they sent me a postage paid box in the mail to have it shipped to one of their repair centers. I also had the option to take the tablet to a repair shop of my choice, get it fixed, and they would reimburse (<--spell check?) me the funds. Once my tablet arrived at the repair center, it turned out that it was going to cost more money to have the tablet repaired than the tablet was worth, so squaretrade mailed me a check for the full price of the tablet so I could repurchase another one. You have the choice of receiving a check in the mail, funds added to your paypal account or an Amazon gift card. The whole process was frustration free and squaretrade was very professional with regards to handling my claim. Highly recommend this company. The warranty was definetly worth purchasing, and I wouldn't hesistate to use them again.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 1, 2013
Well, my ASUS TF300 took a bad fall and was badly damaged recently. I sent it in for repair per the warranty instructions and was told it was "Approved" and would be repaired within 5 business days. Today is the 6th day, so I sent an email last night and still did not hear back. I ended up calling SquareTrade today because I logged into my account and saw they changed my product from ASUS Tablet to Samsung TV. Not quite sure how that happened. Upon calling I was informed that it could take an additional 15 days as they are waiting on parts. NOT the 5 days I was quoted when signing up for this service. So now I have to wait possibly two more weeks to get my tablet back. Their terms state that they repair or reimburse within 5 days. If they could not repair it then it should have been reimbursed.

At this rate I would have been better off not even purchasing this and spending almost a quarter of the cost of the product for a service that is not honored. You would think when reaching day 5 day guarantee mark they would have communicated something to me, but nope, they did not. Apparently SquareTrade does not communicate with their customers

This is not what I signed up for and I will not purchase from SquareTrade again, nor will I recommend their service to anyone.

Update:
So I finally received a tablet back a week and a half ago. Keep in mind I had already waited well over two weeks from the point that SquareTrade initially received my tablet for repair. I was told the reason the tablet took so long to get back to me was they were waiting on parts to repair it properly. So you can imagine my surprise when I opened the box from UPS and anxiously removed the bubble wrap to find the Tablet filthy, and even worse, scratched on both the front screen and back cover. The rear panel looked to have cake icing all over the back of it and there were minor scratches everywhere.

I then proceeded to check the serial number on my tablet and compared it to the Serial Number on my ASUS box and low and behold they were completely different. I immediately called SquareTrade and raised my concern. How did I receive a used tablet when I was specifically told they were awaiting parts to repair my tablet? They flat out lied to me and told me a manager would be in touch with two business days.

Jump forward two business days.... No call from a manager as promised. I called SquareTrade again and was told that a manager had approved to pay me out the cost of my tablet I simply needed to send it back. I sent the table back to the right away and obtained a tracking number. Upon SquareTrade again receiving my tablet, I did receive an email that they would pay me the full cost of the tablet within 2-3 business days. By the end of the third day, I had not received a credit to my email as promised. I called SquareTrade again and was told I was misinformed and it would take 3-5 days to receive my credit.

I give up! This company SUCKS!!! Do not buy this service! Read he reviews, most reviews giving 5 stars have never even had to use the service, but praise the peace of mind they have. This is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with and that is really saying something.

I will update my review if I ever receive my credit, but that will not change my overall impression of this awful service.

****UPDATE*****
Sorry for the late update.

I did finally receive a credit from Square Trade in the form of an Amazon gift card for the full cost of the tablet. It took almost 6 weeks and a lot of hassle to receive it, certainly not the guaranteed 5 days promised. I bumped this review up one star because of this, but still highly urge you to stay away. Horrible service overall and highly frustrating experience.
2121 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 6, 2013
Service plan term: 2 YearsService plan covered value: $ 250-$300Verified Purchase
Bought this for my nexus 7 and had it for 3 months before the screen got cracked. Sent it in for repair which was fine until I received it back. The housing was bowed from the repair and the unit did not fit back together properly but it worked and I was just glad to have it back. Two days of use however and the screen started to crack when i touched it at the areas where the housing did not fit properly back together.

Called square trade and they put it back in to be fixed and the company received it and 3 days later I get a call saying they need to issue a new claim as there is a lot wrong with the tablet. So I said OK and now we are on day 8 without the tablet for this repair which makes almost three weeks with no tablet. Called today and the agent that answered said he had no idea how long it would take so here I am still waiting without my tablet and not idea when or if I will get it back. I would not buy another warranty from them. Their guarantee has too many loop holes and they use it as a sales tactic but it is far from a guarantee at all.

------------------update---------------------

I have finally received my table back in good working order and the housing set properly though a few scars on the sides from prying the screen off. I have also been given a refund on the cost of the warranty due to all the trouble. I think my faith is restored.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 11, 2012
Service plan term: 2 YearsService plan covered value: $ 300-$350Verified Purchase
I just received my item back in the mail via UPS today. It took nearly 2 weeks to get it back, terribly slow service. Also, I contacted customer service to check on the status of my repair over a week ago, and was told that the item would be repaired and would work and look new. Well lo and behold, today the item comes back, tackily shipped in the box I sent to begin with, screen not working properly, and the back cracked and not even set properly in the housing. The charger which was sent in to be replaced due to breaking while charging; it was over heating, was not even replaced. The screen when touched is really tempermental, and there is a white dot about the size of a dime, that happens to show when ever I touch the screen. I would not recommend using Square Trade. There service and repairs are horrible, customer service is rude, and nothing was correctly done to repair my tablet. I could see not complaining if I had not paid nearly 75$ for an accidental damage warranty, but to send me a letter back stating you dont cover cosmetic damage; especially a cracked back and faulty tablet, is pretty rediculous. I can guarantee I will not suggest nor go with Square Trade again. Email me if you would like pictures of their faulty cheap work.
2727 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 29, 2012
Service plan term: 3 YearsService plan covered value: $ 600-$700
What they don't tell you in the information is that the plan works like a bank account for the price of the product - example - you purchase a 500.00 item - that item goes in for service and it costs 300.00 to fix it - you now only have 200.00 left of service repair costs.

Horrible plan, horrible customer service and a complete sham.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 8, 2012
Service plan term: 3 YearsService plan covered value: $ 500-$600Verified Purchase
This seems to be a good warranty. 3 year "stupid" insurance - against drops and spills and other issues (such as electronic malfunctions). I think. The problem is that there is very little documentation - and not readily available until AFTER you purchase the warranty. Even the "warranty" I got in the mail tells me almost nothing. And, when you follow the links to read the full warranty you get looped around. I finally found something that resembled legal-speak. It would be better if Squaretrade had clear, easy to find, warranty details.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 9, 2013
Service plan term: 2 YearsService plan covered value: $ 0-$100Verified Purchase
its ok i guess but i was disapointed to find out once you make a claim the warranty is gone its only a one time use
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 19, 2013
Service plan term: 1 YearService plan covered value: $ 25-$100Verified Purchase
Worst decision ever. Sure enough the tablet that I purchased through Amazon stopped working. I contacted SquareTrade about this and was told since it is in the first year that they do not cover the product as it is under the manufacturers warranty. They provided me an international number in Thailand to call and speak to the manufacturer. Long story short I have probably spent more on long distance calls than what the tablet is worth. Why sell a one year warranty if you do not honor it and are going to deflect your customer to the manufacturer. Bad experience and won't make the same mistake twice.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 26, 2012
Service plan term: 3 YearsService plan covered value: $ 350-$400Verified Purchase
I bought the SquareTrade 3 year warranty with my ASUS TF300 tablet less than two months ago.

Due to Amazon's strange packaging, my tablet arrived with marks on the screen, (the tablet box had the tablet itself raised against the top of the inner box and Amazon had packed the tablet with the bubble pockets at the bottom pushing the tablet to the top of the outbox virtually unprotected.) As the tablet worked fine and I couldn't see the screen damage when the unit was turned on I decided to keep the unit to take on the trip I had bought it for. A couple of weeks after returning however, the screen totally broke.

I contacted Amazon who were sympathetic but stated I was now outside the 30 day return period with them and advised me to contact ASUS directly, which I then did. ASUS informed me to send the unit to them but that they would likely charge me for the repairs - which would likely be over $200 - as they said my warranty didn't cover physical damage. During the exchange with ASUS I informed them that I did have a SquareTrade warranty and ASUS said I'd be better off returning my unit to SquareTrade instead.

I contacted SquareTrade and registered my claim. Two days later a box and packaging arrived from them to return my unit via UPS. I packed it and sent it via the pre-paid UPS label SquareTrade also provided me with. Two business days later, SquareTrade emailed me to inform me they had received the package. The very following day, SquareTrade emailed me again to inform me that they would be refunding me to the full value of the warranty as a repair was impossible or too expensive.

I chose the refund to be paid via an Amazon Gift Card so I can purchase a replacement product and they give an extra 5% refund via this option too. Whatever product I buy, I'll be sure to also purchase a new Squaretrade warranty if available too! I'm a very happy Squaretrade customer.

EDIT: July 30th, 2012. One the third business day since Squaretrade emailed me to say they would be reimbursing me within 2-3 business days, I received an email with an Amazon gift card code that I applied to my account straight away. Brilliant! My experience of dealing with SqaureTrade could not be better.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 12, 2013
Service plan term: 1 YearService plan covered value: $ 150-$200
I am not a big believer on third party warranties. But at the cost of Square Trade for my Android Tablet, I figured, "what the eh?" I purchased the accidental coverage even though I am a stickler on taking care of electronic equipment. The Android falls out of the case at work on to the concrete. The screen is shattered. I remember the warranty, I call and explain the situation. AND I AM READY, my son is a lawyer and a phone call away. I relay the accident and am about to explain about"my son the lawyer". The gentleman said no problem, we will email you an UPS sticker and send it in.
He explained when the tablet was received, they would send a check or a Amazon voucher army choice. THEY LIED......THE NEXT DAY I RECEIVED A EMAIL WITH THE AMAZON GIFT CARD NUMBER.
THE BEST INTERACTION I HAVE EVER HAD WITH ANY COMPANY. Can I give 6 stars?
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations