5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Lifesaver.
Published on November 21, 2011 by Stephen Matesowicz

ALL SquareTrade warranties bought through Amazon will not cover anything used/refurbished/or even new without original case,a waste of money.
Read the section in the SquareTrade warranty product information page.
Down nearer to the bottom,
Published on February 17, 2012 by Sue Anne Torres

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Lifesaver., November 21, 2011
I purchased this type of warranty from Square Trade for a 4th generation iPod touch that I bought from Amazon for my 11 year old grand daughter. I purchased the iPod in Feb of this year. This Nov her 7 year old sister dropped it cracking the screen. I contacted Square Trade and they emailed me a Fed Ex shipping label to send it out to their repair shop. The screen was replaced and returned in wonderful working order. This is not the first warranty I've bought from them. But it is the first time I've had to use one. Will now only deal with them on any new purchases in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade warranties - the real deal, November 18, 2011
With great hesitation, I purchased a warranty from SquareTrade when I bought my daughter a used iPod on eBay. I say hesitation because most of us have been through warranty abuses through our home owner warranties or warranty problems through credit card purchases, and so forth. Nonetheless, I bought the warranty and 13 months later when the device failed to sync, I pulled out the SquareTrade paperwork and contacted them. The claims process was very fast and easy. They reviewed my claim and within a day had emailed me to let me know they had refunded my purchase price and the money had already been redeposited in my PayPal account. All of my interactions with SquareTrade were fast, efficient, and highly professional. Even if they had not warrantied the item, I would have had an overall positive impression. Their customer service is awesome and I would not hesitate to recommend that you consider them when purchasing products (particularly used electronics) on line.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon (SquareTrade)WARRANTY ONLY COVERED FOR NEW,STILL IN THE BOX.everything else is used and not covered., February 17, 2012
Read the section in the SquareTrade warranty product information page.
Down nearer to the bottom,
"Other Things You Should Know:". "it only covers new, in box items. If the item is used or refurbished,, please call them first." there is no Drop+Spill coverage,worth calling them to double check.
SquareTrade will ONLY sell a regular(No D+S) one for items,bought as used and refurbished. Even sealed and without the original case is considered used/refurbished.
They WON'T sell a warranty with Drop+Spill coverage.Plus,the price for the coverage is dependent on the cost of the item purchased. on Amazon,a SquareTrade 2-Year MP3 Drop+Spill Warranty ($125-150 Items)is for $23.99 - it used to cover used mp3 players.I talked to one of SquareTrade's sales Reps.,on the phone.She walked me through the website page, SquareTrade.com ,to see for herself,first time she ever had to look and checking amazon's selling SquareTrade warranties. Through SQ online or over the phone,an item that would cost $150.00, They want $28.99 for one year coverage,with option to add additional $15.00 for another year. That's $44.00 for a two year regular coverage(nearly twice as much),no Drop+Spill coverage,ouch,though still worth it i guess. Click on "warranty" on their main page to look for the price quote they want for your item(MP3 player or whatever).
Check it out with S.Q. first,before buying on Amazon,any SquareTrade warranty,for used/refurbished/even new without original case, . It's worth calling them to hear it directly from them.1.877.WARRANTY. Anyone know of any good alternative reliable trustworthy alternatives?

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Warranty's are a great value!, November 2, 2011
This is the second time I have redeemed a warranty thru square trade. Great experience and I highly recommend Square Trade!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy, and painless warranty coverage, January 11, 2012
I ordered the SquareTrade warranty when I purchased my used iPOD, thinking it would be a good to be safe but not expecting much. It turns out that I did end up having to use my warranty, but I was blown away by how easy and painless the process was with Squaretrade.

My warranty was very affordable; it only cost a fraction of the cost of my purchase, and it was definitely worth the investment. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, knowing that I can have peace of mind and that if I do have issues Squaretrade is there to help.

The process of filing a warranty claim was painless too. I went to their site to file the claim. All I needed to enter were a few pieces of background information on my iPod, the issues I was seeing, and the timeframe when it all started. A day later I was emailed a prepaid shipping label to print and attach to a box with my iPod. A few days later I recieved notification that I had been refunded. It was simple and easy, and the whole process couldn't have taken more than a week total including shipping my iPod back to Squaretrade. Can't beat that!

SquareTrade has gained a customer for life -- I plan to use them again on my next electronics purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars great experience, November 16, 2011
My dvd player ended up not lasting too long thanks to my toddler. Luckily I purchased a squaretrade warranty and they covered the item in full. The online intake system was simple and the telephone customer service was friendly and helpful. I will definately use this service again for my electronics purchases, especially since my toddler likes to play with my electronics!

5.0 out of 5 stars User-friendly warranty service with Squaretrade!!, November 10, 2011
Squaretrade warranties are definitely the way to go. I bought an iPod on ebay and bought a Squaretrade warranty to cover it. Months later the iPod display broke and the iPod was useless. The warranty claim process was easy and user friendly. Customer service was quick and fantastic. Thank you Squaretrade!

5.0 out of 5 stars square trade warranty, October 14, 2011
I would recommend Square Trade to anyone that is purchasing an electronic device. They are WAY cheaper than any store warranty and they are so easy to work with. I buy all my warranties through them. I have had to utilize my warranty a couple times and they have come through for me each time. Thank you so much

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Warranty, October 27, 2011
This review is from: SquareTrade 2-Year MP3 Accident Protection Plan ($250-300) (Electronics)
This is the second time I've purchased a warranty from SquareTrade since I was so happy with my first experience. One of the products I previously had under warranty broke and this was the easiest, friendliest warranty program I've ever had!

5.0 out of 5 stars iPod Claim - Easy and Quick, November 12, 2011
I recently started to have problems with an iPod Nano that I bought on eBay four months ago. Square Trade handled my claim quickly and easily. Within three days I had received my money and purchased a replacement on eBay. I will definitely put the replacement under warranty with Square Trade.