Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 350-$400|Change
Price:$34.98+ Free shipping

on February 24, 2010
My camera fell down after a couple of months use and it's barrel broke. Thankfully I had bought SqaureTrade accidental drop warranty. I filed a claim and they approved my claim promptly. I am very happy with them and always going to buy their warranty with Accidental drop for electronics. If I would have bought a regular warranty, I could not claim against the damage .
on October 16, 2011
I previously purchased this service on a "just in case scenario". Surprisingly a situation arose where I had a need to use it and I was very satisfied with their service. I called them, sent them my broken camera, and they sent me a brand new camera. It was fast and they made it simple to follow. Thank You.
on July 7, 2010
I purchased a Panasonic DMC-ZS3 camera in December '09. I purchased the SquareTrade warranty with accident prevention in March '10. In June '10, I dropped my camera on a concrete sidewalk with the lens extended and it only left a small mark on the edge of the lens ring, but the lens would no longer extend when the camera was turned on and the camera would no longer take photos. Panasonic warranty would not cover accidental damage. I sent the camera into Squaretrade with a prepaid UPS shipping label, they verified the damage and claim and sent the reimbursement via Paypal. The whole process from the time I shipped the camera was about a week. Excellent service and coverage. I have already purchased another camera (Panasonic DMC-ZS7) and will definitely be acquiring another Squaretrade warranty.
on September 27, 2012
Let me start by saying this review isn't about filing a claim because I haven't needed to do that (yet). My problems were with the purchase experience and aftermath. I recently purchased a factory refurbished digital camcorder from Amazon and at the same time bought the Amazon recommended memory card and Square Trade 2-year warranty with accident protection. I was able to easily get the warranty setup on the SquareTrade website because most of the information was already provided to SquareTrade by Amazon. All I needed to do was enter the product model and forward my Amazon order confirmation email as my receipt. But then I noticed a problem looking at my warranty details on the SquareTrade website: SquareTrade was showing the condition of the camera as "New" and incorrectly stated the manufacturer's warranty period as 1 year. It should have shown the condition as "factory refurbished" with a 90-day manufacturer warranty. Here's where the deal lost a couple of stars... I called SquareTrade to get the warranty information corrected so it would take effect after the 90-day factory warranty expires. At first, the customer service person told me I bought the wrong warranty and I should have purchased an "open box policy". She also seemed to keep insisting the mix-up was because I purchased a "used item from a Marketplace seller" until I finally was able to convince her the camera was sold by Amazon, not a Marketplace seller, and is factory refurbished, not "used". While on the phone, I looked at Amazon's "Square Trade Store" and found only one "open box" policy and it was for electronics over $400. I repeatedly had to explain that I bought the camera and the warranty together from Amazon based on Amazon's product combination recommendations. Several times I was put on hold for minutes at a stretch. After I insisted this was a screw up between SquareTrade and Amazon, and being put on hold again, the representative finally said "they would go ahead and cover the camera" under the warranty I purchased. So, in the end, my camera is supposedly now covered, although the online warranty information still isn't showing correct item condition or manufacturer coverage period. So in addition to the huge hassle of a long phone call to their customer service, I get to dread ever having to file a claim. I fear if the day ever comes I need to file a claim, they will hassle me over the discrepancy over the warranty saying the item was new but the receipt shows it was factory refurbished. If that happens, I'll just need to direct them to this review to remind them what I was promised verbally on the phone today. And attention to Amazon: fix your product recommendation linkage for factory refurbished items so the correct SquareTrade package is recommended.
on May 21, 2010
Good company to work with but warrenty is limited to value of product. This means that if your product needs more than one repair you may get a payout instead of the repair you were expecting. So understand that it doen't matter how long the the warranty is for it will be limited to the value of the product only.
on December 27, 2013
They told me that it was an easy fix. Then, they took two weeks to send me an update: they are not able to fix it and the estimated repair day was 20 days from the day they received it. When I requested them to comply with the promise of giving me back the money for the equipment, they answered several days after (after three reminders) just to tell me that now the estimated repair day is almost 30 days from the day they received it. Terrible service. DON'T BUY IT.

UPDATE JAN-06: I keep receiving messages that now the delay of repairment is one month. When I wrote for 6th time to customer service, NO ANSWER
UPDATE JAN-10: Still, no answer.
on June 16, 2010
My sister let me know I was getting a camera for Christmas & when she did I looked into purchasing a SquareTrade warranty with accidental protection for it. I am so glad that I did because 2 weeks ago I dropped my camera while trying to take a picture & it stopped working completely with a lens failure. The next day I logged into my account, submitted my claim, and was sent an e-mail with a link to print out a pre-paid shipping label to send in my damaged camera. Less than a full week had passed by from when I first dropped my camera to when I was refunded the complete purchase price of it! :) I HIGHLY recommend using SquareTrade to protect your electronics & look forward to using it again for my next camera.
on April 29, 2010
Great service from Squaretrade on my 3 year warranty on a Polaroid HD camcorder that stopped charging or powering on after 1 year. They reimbursed me via paypal for the purchase amount as soon as they received the returned camcorder. They also payed for the return shipping to TX.
on October 19, 2011
Last Thursday, our gps broke after only 17 months of use. We contacted Square Trade on Friday and had an extremely professional, efficient person clearly talk us through the steps involved to claim the warranty. Immediately after this, emails started flying as they sent us more instructions and the pre-paid shipping label. We dropped the package off at Staples on Sunday and by 10:00 Monday morning, the full amount was already in our Paypal account. No hassles at all! We couldn't have been more pleased. This greatly simplifies the replacement process. Needless to say, we will be purchasing another Square Trade warranty for the new GPS!!
on July 31, 2012
My first experience with a camera warranty was about 2 months ago when my previous Fuji XP20 had to go in for manufacture warranty coverage. Fuji was great, but it took over a month to get my camera back. So I thought this would save that headache on my next camera if I had a problem. Nope filled out the claim form online and this is what I get:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Status Summary
Claim Status Summary
Covered by Manufacturer's Warranty
Last Status Change
07/31/2012
Your item is covered by the manufacturer's warranty - step-by-step instructions below.
Great news! It looks like your item is covered by the manufacturer's warranty. This means you can get your item fixed or replaced and still keep your Care Plan for a future issue.
Don't worry we've done most of the work for you already! For easy reference, we've displayed your manufacturer's warranty information, if we have it. Also, please take a look at our 3 easy steps to using your manufacturer's warranty.
Please note that if your manufacturer can not cover your issue and the issue occurred in the first 60 days, your SquareTrade warranty may not go into effect. If this situation applies to you, here are some tips to resolve your item issue.
In the event that your manufacturer can't fix or replace your item, we may still be able to help! Just give us a call at 1-877-900-7283, weekdays from 6am to 5pm PST.

Manufacturer Warranty Information
Manufacturer
Fujifilm
Terms
View a copy of your manufacturer's warranty
Phone number
1-800-800-3854
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The selling points for this warranty for me were:
Technical Details
Service plan term: 2 Years | Service plan covered value: $100-$125
* 2-year coverage from date of purchase: drops, spills, hardware failures
* Fixed or receive full replacement cost in 5 days or less-guaranteed
* Free 2-way shipping for repairs
* 100% parts and labor covered with no deductibles

So, not only will I not have my camera replaced in 5 days or less, I will have to pay shipping to the manufacture, the real warranty is only good for 1year (because the manufactures warranty works for the first year). Customer service blew me off. What a joke, they received only one star because I could not give them zero stars.
66 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse