Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Service plan term: 2 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 175-$200|Change
Price:$10.60+ Free shipping

on March 18, 2010
I have been purchasing warranties from Square Trade for quite some time now. (Mostly for eBay products). It is very simple to buy the warranties, and they hold them all on their web site. You should especially watch for their sales of 20 or 30% off the regular low price!
I bought a camera for my friend for her birthday almost 2 years ago. It recently stopped working. I filled out the warranty claim form and was emailed a prepaid UPS return sticker. They emailed me with the status every step of the way. The whole process took less than 2 weeks and my original price of the camera was deposited directly in my Pay Pal account. I highly recommend Square Trade!!!
on October 19, 2012
Purchased the 3-year warranty for my daughter's camera. Never really thought I'd need it, but when it stopped working, I contacted Square Trade. It was easy to upload my receipt (although they do give you that option at the time of purchase to save you the hassle of looking for it later), I told them what I thought was wrong with it and they got back to me quickly and sent me the UPS shipping label to send it to them and promptly deposited money into my PayPal account to replace the camera.

I have purchased other warranties with SquareTrade and will continue to do so!
on September 30, 2009
it was a very pleasant transaction.great communication.fast respond time.i would highly recommend this warranty to everyone.it is very reasonable price much cheaper then all the big box stores.i just brought a new nikon camera and took out a warranty on it immediately.i rate square trade 5 stars.

peggy chatellier
on January 5, 2013
I purchased a square trade plan along with a camera purchase from amazon. 2 years into the plan I had accidental damage to the camera leaving it unusable. I had forgotten about the protection plan until I logged in to buy a new plan with them for my Daughter's Nintendo DS. I quickly contacted Square Trade about the issue and within 48 hours they had a free shipping label for me to send the camera to them. Another 24 hours and they gave me a Gift Card to Amazon so I can purchase a new camera. Extremely fast and dependable service provided by Square Trade. I will be adding protection plan with them for all my purchases. Highly Recommend!!
on August 9, 2009
I purchased a camera on Ebay and decided to purchase a square trade warranty. The camera stopped working and after emailing with Square Trade, they sent me a prepaid box to mail the camera to them. Within 3 days they determined that the camera couldn't be repaired and they refunded the entire purchase price to Paypal. So now we bought a new camera and intend to purchase another warranty from Square Trade.
on July 5, 2012
I purchased the 3 year warranty from SquareTrade for my Sony Camcorder. I had it for a little over 2 years when the screen went white and would not work. I filed my claim with SquareTrade, within 24 hours they said they would refund me the original cost of the camcorder, they sent me a shipping label and said when they receive it, they would give me the money. Well, I took the package to the UPS store and within 6 hours the money was in my Paypal account for me. I could not ask for faster service. I am glad I have been using SquareTrade for all of my electronic and camera equipment.
on November 1, 2009
These guys are great! My video camera was never delivered! (Lesson learned: buy the warranty AFTER you have the item.) I waited hopefully for about a month before reading reviews (none when I ordered from a new seller), saying they were bogus. They refunded my money no problems. Reminds me, I have to order a warranty for the camera that DID arrive!
on January 2, 2010
This was the best idea anyone has ever come up with. While I like to know the item I am purchasing will work beyond the 1 year or 5 year warranty it's nice to know I can get a great warranty for a much better price than the manufactuers offer. Easy to buy and set up and use if you need to. I just purchased one for a printer that arrived DOA I emailed the manufacturer and they replaced it and I called Square Trade with new serial number no problem at all.
on November 16, 2012
In march of 2012 I purchased a Kodak Playsport ZX5 waterproof, dustproof, shockproof pocket camera. I imagined an accident in this poor cameras future, so I purchased a SquareTrade warranty. We used this camera while swimming, riding dune buggies in the desert, taping concerts, parades, cruising, car shows, weddings, etc. All kinds of occasions!
We got a solid 7 months use out of this excellent camera!! Absolutely beautiful pictures and videos in daylight.
We loved this camera! I may buy this exact camera again but I'm hesitent because the battery can't be replaced. So when the battery dies... the camera is dead. It does have a short 1.5 hr recharge cycle, but by that time... "the partys over".

After a few months of use, the camera developed a glitch in that it would occasionally power up and all functions would freeze. The camera would become completely unresponsive to ANY command. Including power off. So I would have to let the battery die and after recharging - she worked perfect! Weird huh? It only did this a few times. We just never knew when it was going to happen.

Then the latch on the door jammed. So bad, I had to use a screwdriver to pry it open. The plastic covering on the latch is not made for this kind of pressure, especially with a hard screwdriver. It eventually cracked the plastic.
Although amazing enough, the latch STILL sealed tightly! The camera was still water, dust, and shockproof.
The camera was never dropped or abused. It was definitely used often. But it became undependable and awkward.

So I called SquareTrade and told them the story you just heard. They were instantly understanding and sympathetic to the situation. Very patient and accommodating! I was actually very surprised by how comfortable it was working with SquareTrade! They quickly decided, in consideration of the cost of the camera vs the cost to repair it, they would provide a full refund of the original purchase price, plus!

They provided a shipping label, I sent them the camera, and within just a few days I received my refund check!
Amazing! I actually hated to give up this camera. But now, I can by another. Thank you SquareTrade!

I have a number of warranties with SquareTrade. I am absolutely confident they stand behind their promises.
No hassle, no sarcasm, no games! Just refreshing results.
Thanks again SquareTrade.
I went for this one for a camera because I got a discount from SquareTrade after splurging on a SquareTrade 4-Year TV Warranty for our big TV. It was easy to get coverage and the company seems to be an honest player.

THE PURCHASE EXPERIENCE

Getting the warranty was relatively easy, especially now that I have an account. I had a few questions the first time around but, to my surprise, the off-shore persons answering the phone seemed alert and were able to come up with intelligent and helpful answers without keeping me on hold forever.

Shortly after I completed the transaction I received an email from SquareTrade that had a printable copy of the service agreement/contract. The first time, I was told over the phone that I had to get a userID/password at their site in order to be able to manage my coverage information. Once that completed, I was able to log in and retrieve my contract number and instructions on how to send SquareTrade my proof of purchase - if it's something you bought from Amazon, simply paste Amazon's invoice into an email that has the contract number in the subject line. SquareTrade then sends you an email that acknowledges receipt and advising you to keep the original proof because they don't actually verify it until they get the first claim.

COVERAGE

It may be interesting to understand how coverage works without spending time on the phone with the company reps so, here it is.

- There is a 60-day full refund upon cancellation provision so, if you don't like the service agreement, it's easy to cancel.
- This coverage is concurrent with the manufacturer's warranty. In other words, this 3-year coverage begins on the day you sign for it but SquareTrade won't be taking claims from you while the manufacturer's warranty is still in effect. If your manufacturer has a one-year warranty, SquareTrade will cover it for years 2 and 3.
- The value of coverage is limited to whatever you paid for item. This is important so, let me provide the full quote from the agreement:

[The total amount that We will pay for repairs or replacement made in connection with all claims that You make pursuant to this Service Agreement shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product, less taxes. In the event that We make payments for repairs, which in the aggregate, are equal to the purchase price or replace the Product with a new, rebuilt or refurbished product of equal or similar features and functionality, We will have no further obligations under this Service Agreement.]

- There is a 'no lemon' provision in the agreement which states that if the same item is repaired 3 times for the same defect within a year they will replace your TV with an equivalent product, at which time the warranty coverage ends - will not cover the replacement.
- If your item is damaged by a power surge - while charging - and you had a power surge protector they may ask you to send it over to them for examination (probably to see if they can get some money from the power surge protector manufacturer).
- Any time we are talking about replacements, they reserve the right to ask for the defective item to be sent to them and they will provide the box and the shipping label.
- They do not cover scratches or cracks - they have a more expensive warranty product for that.
- They do not cover any damage caused by you doing terrible things to your camera - like leaving it out in the rain, assuming it's not water-proof.
- There is no deductible.
- They will allow for the agreement to be transferred if you sell your camera - can do it at their Web site.

MY RATING

I haven't made any claim yet but, since Amazon stands behind this company and based on the service agreement and on my experience in dealing with the people at the call center, I am confident that this is a company worth doing business with so they get a 5-star.