5.0 out of 5 stars Buying Warranty again for replacement unit
Published 23 months ago by New England Lady

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy
Published 6 months ago by Julane

5.0 out of 5 stars Buying Warranty again for replacement unit, October 12, 2012
This review is from: SquareTrade 2-Year Home AV Protection Plan ($150-175) (Electronics)
Purchased a 2-yr Square Trade Warranty for a Dual DVD/VHS recorder that I bought in 2010. The unit just recently died a few months before the end of the warranty and I contacted Square Trade to make a claim. I ran into a few minor problems with the claim process, but I was very pleased with with how the customer service people handled everything. They are exceptional. They were very friendly and efficient. Each time I contacted them, they immediately took care of the problem and my claim was handled in a quick and professional manner. Based on my experience, I am again purchasing the same 2-yr Warranty for the replacement unit.

Here's what happened during my claim process:

When I completed the on-line claims process, my claim was rejected. I contacted Square Trade by phone & the customer service rep looked at my claim. He agreed that my claim should be valid and asked me if I had a receipt for the purchase that I could e-mail him. When I purchased the warranty, I must have missed one of the communications that asked me to upload my receipt to the site. I'm pretty sure this is the reason my on-line claim failed. I e-mailed my Amazon receipt and he immediately re-processed my claim. This time it was accepted and I received a confirmation e-mail with the amount & a shipping label for the unit, before we got off the phone.

Due to printer issues at work, I viewed, but didn't immediatedly print the label. When I tried from home, the link failed. E-mailed the customer service rep that I had previously spoken to and he e-mailed a PDF of the shipping label.

Shipped the broken unit with the shipping label provided and received an e-mail confirmation that they had issued the Amazon gift card (check, PayPal, or Amazon gift+5% bonus were all options for payment).

When the e-mail with the Amazon Gift Card did not show up in my Inbox, called customer service once more. They immediately resent the e-mail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coverage, January 8, 2013
Coverage at a small price. Better than the $30 coverage plan from an electronics store. Hopefully I wont have to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, January 5, 2013
The square trade warranty was a very good price and the coverage was worth it. They say not to buy extended warranties, but I have had to use them three times already, once for and LCD monitor and twice for a laptop. They are a good thing. I would buy another from Square Trade.

5.0 out of 5 stars good protection, good customer service, December 27, 2012
Good service and repair plan to extend your warranty. I recommend it for every product. Square Trade has good customer service and good protection plans.

5.0 out of 5 stars SquareTrade is THE go-to place for electronics warranties, June 13, 2014
All my electronics are covered by SquareTrade including my 65" TV, iDevices and stereo receivers.

They are very easy to work with. There's no haggling. They try to help if they can and then they send you a refund to buy a replacement if they can't have it repaired.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Happy, March 12, 2014
A bit disappointed. I purchased a refurbished computer in 2013 and a 3 year warranty. $129.00 for the warranty, laptop only $280.!!! At any rate there was a hard drive problem, so was sent in, no problem. Now another hard drive problem, Square Trade will only return the original price of the laptop, plus, for some reason there was a huge hassle with registration and getting the shipping label. Already purchased a new laptops...so beware of buying refurbished items, had I known, I would not have spent so much on a warranty. I will also contact Dell...I am extremely disappointed with them. I will buy another square trade warranty, as I now have a better understanding of what I need to do...I think!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Protection Plan, April 21, 2013
Good plan but you need to register and go to their site to use. Need to scan paperwork. I think it's a lot to do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Re: Start date of warranty, September 28, 2014
Feel the 2yr warranty should have started after the manufacturer's 90 day labor portion of warranty ended. Other extended warranties I've purchased started at point when a portion of manufacturer's warranty no longer completely covered as in 90 days labor only, 1 yr parts. Hopefully, l won't have to use any warranty at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't had to use it...yet, September 9, 2013
I purchased this plan to assure myself that my product would be "covered" in case my items stopped working. Fortunately, I have not had to use it because I do research on items before I buy them. I would definitely recommend a Square Trade protection plan if you spend hard earned money on tv's, sound bars, and any other over $100 priced electronic items.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, September 24, 2014
good buy like it .. thanks