Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on February 21, 2013
If you are like most people and don't read the instructions when you buy something with these replacement or repair plans you should. Wal-Mart, Amazon and Lowes are just some of the companies trying to save money by hiring outside firms to handle warranty and extended warranty policies. What most service companies require is for you to register the product with that plan. Many people assume buying that extended plan from the primary company is registering the product; nope that is not the case. Worse, if you read the different plans each is different you will find some are replacement plans while others are repair plans. Getting deeper say you send it back several times most plans do not require the protection plan at any point to refund the price of the product. Then there are the replacement plans read carefully as some allow them to substitute used product. You need to carefully review what it is you are buying and why.
on November 23, 2013
I am giving this 5 stars even though I canceled the contract due to receiving 2 bad receivers. I initially spoke to a representative all about the contract which, in my opinion is exceptional. When I called to cancel the contract the representative was very understanding and handle this extremely well and the credit was back on my Amazon credit card in 2 days.
Some additional information that may be of importance to you, they issue contracts on equipment you already own but have no contract on it. My compliments for the efficiency, concern, friendliness and very professional to Square Trade.
on October 11, 2013
This fairly low-priced protection plan is not a bad idea for a very nice av receiver. I decided to buy this extra protection plan because the Yamaha RX-V673 I ordered was shipped by UPS. Anything can happen in shipping and it does not matter who the shipper is. Fortunately my new av receiver was apparently not damaged in shipping despite awful packaging practices by Amazon. I would recommend this protection plan when ordering heavy expensive electrical devices or units. I got a very nice price on the V673 that including the Square Trade was an easy decision.
on January 1, 2014
If you are in need of protection plans or phone insurance) Square trade is one of the best. They are reasonably priced for the coverage amounts and their customer service is quite good. I will say that they (like any insurance company) have terms and conditions so it is important to read them and ensure you follow them for full coverage. Otherwise I recommend them.
on January 14, 2013
I haven't had to make a claim for any of the items I purchased yet but after speaking to a customer service to confirm receipt of my receipts, I was comforted when the rep assisted me in submitting and resolving question I had about the protection plans. These plans are much cheaper than anywhere else and I'm looking forward to them actually being the company they advertise to be.
on December 28, 2013
Signing up was relatively straight forward. So far, so good. The real test will come if I ever have a claim, then we'll see how good they are when crunch time comes. I hope that my Sony AV receiver continues to function well, and I never have to find out. But it's good to have this back up plan. My last AV receiver (not a Sony) went on the fritz a about a year and a half into service and I was stuck with it.
on March 1, 2013
I had to return the item I bought this for. So I returned it. Had my refund in less than 1 day. That's awesome!!
Great price though. I'd buy one again.
on August 18, 2014
I always buy the protecton plan only because I had to use it for other items that I purchased and had to send back. For a 2 Year plan is not that much and well worth it to me.
on August 17, 2015
I had some issues with my Yamaha RX-V677 7.2-channel and it was out of 30 days warranty. Coz of this protection plan I was able to get the replacement in no time.
on October 2, 2013
Square trade is simple to register, and straightforward to understand, all while being affordable. Their website is clean and easy to navigate.