5.0 out of 5 stars Had to cancel, but they were nice about it...
Published 8 months ago by H. K. Rodman

1.0 out of 5 stars Philips DVD player - Squaretrade 2 year warranty
I purchased Squaretrade 2 years warranty online from Amazon while purchasing Philips 9" portable DVD player, the warranty cost was 7 $ . Warranty was to start after 1 year manufacturer's warranty- so my effective warranty was 1 year manufacturer + 2 years extended from squaretrade.

Published on October 14, 2012 by Santosh

1.0 out of 5 stars Philips DVD player - Squaretrade 2 year warranty, October 14, 2012
This review is from: SquareTrade 2-Year Home AV Protection Plan ($50-75) (Electronics)

When I received actual warranty found - the Squaretrade warranty started from Purchase date - so i will be returning this back now.

I recommend people to check these whenever you buy warranty what they say and what you get is same.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Product!, April 30, 2013
Castles 117 (Columbus, Ohio) - See all my reviews
I purchased a protection plan for a Sony portable DVD player. Within two months, the DVD player stopped playing DVDs. I contacted Square Trade to file a claim. After completing a tedious claim form, I was informed that my DVD player was still covered under the manufacturer's warranty. I was instructed to contact Sony directly. After spending 20 minutes of the phone with Sony, I was instructed to send the DVD player back to them for repair. Shipping costs were $15, and I will not be reimbursed for that. Square Trade took my money and offered nothing in return. Many credit cards provide a free warranty on purchases. I'm quite certain that coverage would be equal to or superior to the "protection" I received from Square Trade.

I am absolutely furious. Why did I waste my money paying for an extended warranty from Square Trade when they did nothing to help me? I purchased protection for convenience and peace-of-mind. If I had known that they would just tell me to contact the manufacturer, I would never have purchased a warranty from them. They did not warranty my product. They took my money and then refused to offer me any protection or service.

In summary, I purchased this warranty which was absolutely worthless. Square Trade would not assist me. I paid them money, yet they refused to warranty my product -- even though it stopped working less than two months after purchase. I still had to go directly to Sony for any assistance. Square Trade proved to be a completely useless product, and I will never buy a warranty from them again. I encourage everyone to skip this protection. I suggest that you contact your credit card company before making any big purchase. Find out whether they provide a warranty. If they don't, then use a different credit card. Never, ever use Square Trade for an additional warranty.

1.0 out of 5 stars sucky company, April 22, 2013
I got this plan for an electronic purchase and then about 3 weeks later they cancelled the plan on me and issued a refund.... I never even requested to cancel my plan and called them to ask what the heck was going on. They told me they couldn't help me because I cancelled the plan, which I didn't......Oh well, their loss of business and $$$$$

4.0 out of 5 stars bought their waranty, May 26, 2014
I bought their warranty and the item was returned due to malfunctioning and they returned my balanced. so I'm happy camper
FYI: they do not give all the money back

4.0 out of 5 stars Protection Plan, April 7, 2014
I buy these plans even though I rarely need to use them. Being available with amazon as you make a purchase is easy. I have confidence it will be there if something should happen to the unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to cancel, but they were nice about it..., March 7, 2014
When the Roku box that we bought this for turned out to be a lemon, we had to return it- but we were able to return it to Amazon, because it was bad from the get-go. As a result, we had to cancel our Square Trade contract, so we never really got to use it. However, I can tell you that registering your product with them is really, really easy (it's online), and they refunded our money within a day when we were forced to cancel. They seem to be really, really good people to work with- I'd recommend them, for your extended warranty needs. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service, December 14, 2013
This is not the first warranty that I have purchased from Square Trade. I have only had to request warranty service once and their service was great. No hassles even though my clumbsiness was the cause of the problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon offered this for my blu-ray player when I bought ..., November 14, 2014
Amazon offered this for my blu-ray player when I bought the player. I bought it. Turns out, it doesn't cover the blu-ray player at all, because the blu-ray player was refurbished. Yes. I know it was. Why did you offer me a protection plan that wouldn't work with the item? Very unhappy with this purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless Ripoff, October 13, 2014
I purchased this to cover my Roku 2 bought on Amazon. The Roku died after only 2 months, Square Trade will do nothing to assist, they are referring me to the manufacturer. Don't waste your money, they are thieves.

2.0 out of 5 stars Is it worth it or not???, January 25, 2013
I spent the money and I sent them an e-mail 2 days ago on my product not working. I haven't heard anything from them at all, and I mean absolutely nothing back at all.