Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SquareTrade 2-Year Home AV Protection Plan ($50-75)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 14, 2012
I purchased Squaretrade 2 years warranty online from Amazon while purchasing Philips 9" portable DVD player, the warranty cost was 7 $ . Warranty was to start after 1 year manufacturer's warranty- so my effective warranty was 1 year manufacturer + 2 years extended from squaretrade.

When I received actual warranty found - the Squaretrade warranty started from Purchase date - so i will be returning this back now.

I recommend people to check these whenever you buy warranty what they say and what you get is same.
55 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2014
When the Roku box that we bought this for turned out to be a lemon, we had to return it- but we were able to return it to Amazon, because it was bad from the get-go. As a result, we had to cancel our Square Trade contract, so we never really got to use it. However, I can tell you that registering your product with them is really, really easy (it's online), and they refunded our money within a day when we were forced to cancel. They seem to be really, really good people to work with- I'd recommend them, for your extended warranty needs. :)
on April 30, 2013
I purchased a protection plan for a Sony portable DVD player. Within two months, the DVD player stopped playing DVDs. I contacted Square Trade to file a claim. After completing a tedious claim form, I was informed that my DVD player was still covered under the manufacturer's warranty. I was instructed to contact Sony directly. After spending 20 minutes of the phone with Sony, I was instructed to send the DVD player back to them for repair. Shipping costs were $15, and I will not be reimbursed for that. Square Trade took my money and offered nothing in return. Many credit cards provide a free warranty on purchases. I'm quite certain that coverage would be equal to or superior to the "protection" I received from Square Trade.

I am absolutely furious. Why did I waste my money paying for an extended warranty from Square Trade when they did nothing to help me? I purchased protection for convenience and peace-of-mind. If I had known that they would just tell me to contact the manufacturer, I would never have purchased a warranty from them. They did not warranty my product. They took my money and then refused to offer me any protection or service.

In summary, I purchased this warranty which was absolutely worthless. Square Trade would not assist me. I paid them money, yet they refused to warranty my product -- even though it stopped working less than two months after purchase. I still had to go directly to Sony for any assistance. Square Trade proved to be a completely useless product, and I will never buy a warranty from them again. I encourage everyone to skip this protection. I suggest that you contact your credit card company before making any big purchase. Find out whether they provide a warranty. If they don't, then use a different credit card. Never, ever use Square Trade for an additional warranty.
33 comments|34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2013
Actually, I had to cancel my associated Amazon order for the Sony dvd player twice. The first time because Amazon didn't deliver in time for Christmas. This time I received the order in time for a birthday present but someone else had already given my granddaughter the same thing. So I had to once again return it.
On the first order, I called Square Trade and you graciously cancelled the order and issued a refund. This time, I returned the Amazon order for credit but I did not call Square Trade again. Guess I was embarrassed to ask once again for a refund.
on November 14, 2014
Amazon offered this for my blu-ray player when I bought the player. I bought it. Turns out, it doesn't cover the blu-ray player at all, because the blu-ray player was refurbished. Yes. I know it was. Why did you offer me a protection plan that wouldn't work with the item? Very unhappy with this purchase.
on October 13, 2014
I purchased this to cover my Roku 2 bought on Amazon. The Roku died after only 2 months, Square Trade will do nothing to assist, they are referring me to the manufacturer. Don't waste your money, they are thieves.
on November 30, 2014
I don't like that they don't send you a warranty in writing with instructions what to do if something goes wrong with what you have covered the email receipt does not even tell you what you put the warranty on they do not have you register the item will I. Remember I paid for a warranty ??? And how do I check if I did. I did not see any phone number's so I paid for a warranty on a Samsung Blu Ray player l like it so well I might getry another if I do. Ifor I get another and I don't. Buy another square trade policy and the one I insured quits they tell me I bought two players and only one policy so they are not going to owner the warrenty since I can't prove witch one I got a warranty. As far as I can tell they have no record of the serial number or mobel number even ??? I would not recommend this product to anyone
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2015
Have bought electronics three times this year and a plan from Square Trade for each one. They are very nice professionals when I call to register the products and inspire confidence that they will be there should you need them. The first year runs simultaneously with manufacturer warranty. If manufacturer does not honor the agreement, Square Trade will step in and will be there during the second year as well, after most manufacturer warranties run out.
on March 27, 2016
Squaretrade is the worst. I bought this for a DVD player. No where in the description does it state that your can't buy this for a refurbished item. My item broke within 9 months and when I called them to use the warranty they cancelled it and said they couldn't help me. I will never buy from them again.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2015
As always a Square Trade protection plan is exceptional. This company didn't flinch and came through like a champ when I submitted a very valid claim on my defective I Phone. I've since bought their Protection Plans on numerous products including my new 4K television. Their prices are very reasonable and they have outstanding service. I couldn't recommend them more highly.