5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Warranty for Golf GPS
I had such a great experience with my first claim that I went ahead and bought the warranty for my second GPS, and so far
I have not had to file a second claim. I highly recommend Square Trade Warranties.
Published 15 months ago by Lyn A

1.0 out of 5 stars Never Again
Square Trade has stiffed me. My complaint to BBB follows:

On Oc. 24, 2010, I purchased a three-year warranty from Squaretrade for $31.99 covering a new GPS device; TomTom XXL540. The coverage included the Accident provision.

Published 18 months ago by CharlieSnAZ

1.0 out of 5 stars Never Again, June 12, 2013
This review is from: SquareTrade 3-Year GPS Accident Protection Plan ($100-125) (Electronics)
Square Trade has stiffed me. My complaint to BBB follows:

On Apr. 21, 2013, I submitted a claim the issue being that the battery would not hold a charge. They sent an acknowledgment and said a label was attached. One was not. On 4/22 I advised them of that.

Apr. 25; Received and email from SqTr that on 4/24 (that's correct), a shipping kit had been delivered to my address. It had and I sent the GPS on 4/25.

May 9: Received the GPS with NEW screen damage and, otherwise, in the same malfunctioning condition as caused the claim. I advised SqTr.

May 14: Received email from SqTr advising that a shipping kit would be sent for the return of the GPS.

May 20: Received a phone call from the SqTr repair facility asking what was wrong with the GPS. I told them it wouldn't hold a charge. We exchanged questions and answers and they said that they would send a shipping kit as one had not been sent (see May 14). I updated SqTr and they replied on 5/23.

May 25: The following from SqTr.: "In reviewing your account, I found that we received your item originally on 04/24/2013 and it was repaired by 05/01/2013 which fulfills our 5 days service guarantee. However, since you mentioned that the unit was not repaired correctly, we have filed a rework for you and requested the repair shop to resend you the packing for you to return the unit back to them for repair. Please note that if the repair shop determines that the item cannot be repaired we will simply reimburse the price of your item. However, if the item can be fixed, it would be returned to you once the rework is completed."

May 30: I advised SqTr that I had sent the GPS on Saturday, 5/25.

June 3: I emailed a request for a status update on the repair or replacement of the GPS.

June 4: I called SqTr's warranty help line and the only thing they could tell me was that the repair place had the GPS. I emailed SqTr for and update.

June 7: I emailed for a status update. I received a call from the service facility requesting that I send my car charger. I explained that the car charger has nothing to do with the device's battery not being able to hold a charge and, besides, I use a mains charger to replenish the GPS. I sent an email to SqTr requesting the immediate repair and return of my device or the replacement price per contract.

June 8: Received email from SqTr that the repair facility would call needing the car charger. I wrote back that they do not need it (see 6/7).

June 10: Email to SqTr: "Please return my device fully repaired or a check covering the purchase price."

June 11: Email to SqTr: "Kindly either return my device fully repaired or issue a check. No more delays. Okay?"

June 12 (evening): Email to SqTr: "RETURN OR BUY MY GPS."

It is now 2p PDT, June 12, and there have been no replies. Kindly encourage SqTr to fulfill their obligation.

1.0 out of 5 stars square Trade 3 yr GPS Protection plan, October 14, 2013
Virginia Roberts (Long Beach, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I have been trying to sign up on line. every time I try I get a "can't complete at this time" message.
So I feel like I have been ripped off. Please refund my money!

Virginia Roberts

1.0 out of 5 stars Is my warranty registered?, September 28, 2013
What a confusing form. I don't know if my warranty is registered or not. Can't print out the warranty - it just locks up and does nothing when trying to print.

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Warranty for Golf GPS, September 14, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Accident Protection Plan, January 17, 2014
I felt that getting this protection, would protect my GPS longer than it's warrantee, on never knows what can happen. You might drop it, you just feel better knowing that you're protected.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, January 15, 2014
I looked at other protection plan and this was the best one and the best reviews. I had not had to us it yet . good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't give a fair review until I have to use it., January 3, 2014
I gave 4 stars instead of 5 because I haven't had to use the plan yet, but it's nice to know it's there. I like the security, just hope it does what it says. What I don't like is I bought a Garmin for hubby for Christmas and bought this plan at the same time. The plan came into play as soon as I purchased it, with the Garmin still at the factory waiting to be shipped. I thought that was odd that Square Trade didn't know what it was covering, but it had started.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to registrer and complete the protection plan, November 27, 2013
Somehow it is difficult to fulfill the requirement to complete the registration of the product in the web site. Asked for several steps.

5.0 out of 5 stars "WORTH EVERY PENNEY", December 29, 2012
Well worth the $$$!!! Easy to work with, no hassles and if your covered product/devise can't be repaired you receive your check within a couple of weeks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hate it..., March 10, 2014
I purchased 3 years protection plan for my GPS and still didn't get any confirmation documents after a month. Not worth it.