Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 12, 2013
Square Trade has stiffed me. My complaint to BBB follows:

On Oc. 24, 2010, I purchased a three-year warranty from Squaretrade for $31.99 covering a new GPS device; TomTom XXL540. The coverage included the Accident provision.

On Apr. 21, 2013, I submitted a claim the issue being that the battery would not hold a charge. They sent an acknowledgment and said a label was attached. One was not. On 4/22 I advised them of that.

Apr. 25; Received and email from SqTr that on 4/24 (that's correct), a shipping kit had been delivered to my address. It had and I sent the GPS on 4/25.

May 9: Received the GPS with NEW screen damage and, otherwise, in the same malfunctioning condition as caused the claim. I advised SqTr.

May 14: Received email from SqTr advising that a shipping kit would be sent for the return of the GPS.

May 20: Received a phone call from the SqTr repair facility asking what was wrong with the GPS. I told them it wouldn't hold a charge. We exchanged questions and answers and they said that they would send a shipping kit as one had not been sent (see May 14). I updated SqTr and they replied on 5/23.

May 25: The following from SqTr.: "In reviewing your account, I found that we received your item originally on 04/24/2013 and it was repaired by 05/01/2013 which fulfills our 5 days service guarantee. However, since you mentioned that the unit was not repaired correctly, we have filed a rework for you and requested the repair shop to resend you the packing for you to return the unit back to them for repair. Please note that if the repair shop determines that the item cannot be repaired we will simply reimburse the price of your item. However, if the item can be fixed, it would be returned to you once the rework is completed."

May 30: I advised SqTr that I had sent the GPS on Saturday, 5/25.

June 3: I emailed a request for a status update on the repair or replacement of the GPS.

June 4: I called SqTr's warranty help line and the only thing they could tell me was that the repair place had the GPS. I emailed SqTr for and update.

June 7: I emailed for a status update. I received a call from the service facility requesting that I send my car charger. I explained that the car charger has nothing to do with the device's battery not being able to hold a charge and, besides, I use a mains charger to replenish the GPS. I sent an email to SqTr requesting the immediate repair and return of my device or the replacement price per contract.

June 8: Received email from SqTr that the repair facility would call needing the car charger. I wrote back that they do not need it (see 6/7).

June 10: Email to SqTr: "Please return my device fully repaired or a check covering the purchase price."

June 11: Email to SqTr: "Kindly either return my device fully repaired or issue a check. No more delays. Okay?"

June 12 (evening): Email to SqTr: "RETURN OR BUY MY GPS."

It is now 2p PDT, June 12, and there have been no replies. Kindly encourage SqTr to fulfill their obligation.
99 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2013
I have been trying to sign up on line. every time I try I get a "can't complete at this time" message.
So I feel like I have been ripped off. Please refund my money!

Virginia Roberts
on September 14, 2013
I had such a great experience with my first claim that I went ahead and bought the warranty for my second GPS, and so far
I have not had to file a second claim. I highly recommend Square Trade Warranties.
on January 3, 2014
I gave 4 stars instead of 5 because I haven't had to use the plan yet, but it's nice to know it's there. I like the security, just hope it does what it says. What I don't like is I bought a Garmin for hubby for Christmas and bought this plan at the same time. The plan came into play as soon as I purchased it, with the Garmin still at the factory waiting to be shipped. I thought that was odd that Square Trade didn't know what it was covering, but it had started.
on September 28, 2013
What a confusing form. I don't know if my warranty is registered or not. Can't print out the warranty - it just locks up and does nothing when trying to print.
on August 13, 2015
I ordered 2 GARMIN Nuvi GPS navigation systems and the extended warranty on both of them! This page says quantity 1. Am I to assume that this covers both units or has there been a mixup somewhere?addendum: I found the 2nd one in a separate email. Sorry and thanQ.
Just curious,
Barry Cimperman R.N.
on November 29, 2015
I highly recommend this protection plan. It covers the merchandise in case of accidental damage, failure in material or workmanship. You cannot have the item fixed for a lower price unless it is under original manufacturer's warranty.
on August 22, 2014
Since discovering this company, I have bought plans for my last 5 electronic purchases. Since I had such great fortune with my first and only, so far, claim, I highly recommend everyone to consider purchasing a plan.
My claim involved a Nikon camera. First Square Trade had me send the camera for repairs. The problem returned. They then, without any hesitation or hoops to jump through, sent me the full purchase price as promised.
I highly recommend Square Trade.
on March 29, 2014
We live in the Northeast, we travel about frequently. We take the GPS in every night - when it's 10 degrees below zero, I don't leave the GPS in the car. That being said, I like the 3-year plan - just in case it freezes while we're in a meeting.
on September 29, 2013
How can plan be vertified other than listed on OtterBox Defender Casing. A written protection plan should be inclued in box with casing for the iphone. Will I have to keep the box as proof of purchase for the protection plan for my cell phone?