Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Service plan term: 3 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 700-$800|Change
Price:$106.99+ Free shipping

on April 18, 2010
I bought a warranty for my new laptop computer. However, when my laptop's - supposedly it's mother board - went out Square Trade would not fix my laptop. They said it would cost them more money than my retail price of $700 for my laptop. So now I am stuck with a dead laptop and I had paid for a four year warranty which is no good. I bought my laptop and warranty through Ecost and even Ecost wasn't able to help me. SquareTrade has a hidden policy about the amount of money they are willing to spend on a laptop and if they think it will be over the price they have the right to refuse the warranty! Now I have to buy a new laptop and I will not use Ecost or SquareTrade ever again. Be smart and do not rely on SquareTrade for your warranty. This just happened to me in April 2010.
5353 comments| 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2009
I bought a laptop off of eBay. It was supposed to be a couple months old. But I had trouble after the first 2 weeks. And it died on me after just a couple of months. But thanks to square trade warranty was there for me. They stood behind the warranty 110%. I got my purchase price back with in a week and that included the shipping time to ship it back, which they paid for. ***** Five stars all the way.
on May 26, 2009
I've used Square Trade for some time now.
Unfortunately I've had to submit a couple of claims over the years and each time the process was easy, fast and satisfying.
The last thing you want with an extended warranty is to have to jump through hoops.
Square Trade makes it simple, call or email the claim, ship the merchandise back and a couple of days later a decision on the claim is made.
Less than one week after that decision, a refund is issued.
What a great product when you need it and the prices are reasonable for the piece of mind you get.
44 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2009
My daughter had her laptop for a little less than a year. We bought it used on eBay and it turned out to be a lot older than we anticipated. We purchased the Square Trade Warranty just to be on the safe side. It started smoking one day so she started the process of activating the warranty. From start to finish it was only a matter of a couple weeks before we had a full refund sitting in our paypal account. I highly recommend this warranty,especially for used items where you are stuck with no manufactorer's warranty.
on February 12, 2013
I filed a claim near the end of January because my battery stopped charging. It is now February 12, and I still don't have my computer back. Better yet, Squaretrade can't even get a hold of the outside company they use to fix the computers to check on the status of my claim. They say in some cases it may take longer than 5 days. They say they will let you know if that is the case. I haven't heard from them since February 6th, when they accepted my claim.
on December 8, 2010
I never buy an extended warranty. And I got that advice from Consumer Reports. However, I never had a laptop of my own before. And a little bird told me I better get this. Soon after I bought a Toshiba Satellite, the port where you plug the charger in failed. For a while, you had to push the cord in with superhuman strength or position the cord at some weird position to get it to charge. That first repair was covered by Toshiba, but they made it extremely difficult. I had to prove that it wasn't the cord and then they sent the wrong cord three times. From the time I reported it to the time it got fixed, three months passed. Then the exact same thing happened about seven months later. With Square Trade, I just emailed them and told them what was wrong. I got an email back within hours saying it sounded like they could fix it. The thing I like about the warranty the most is that if you start this process online, they'll update you every step of the way - telling you they started to fix it, that they have fixed it and that it's shipped. It took about a week. I am so glad I got this.
on August 13, 2012
I bought a SquareTrade warranty for my Motorola Razr. When the screen cracked and the phone locked up I filed a claim. I thought they would just immediately send me a new phone. Instead, I had to mail my smart phone back to them across country and then wait and wait for them to fix my phone. I guess I wrongly assumed they would just ship me a new one and I would send back the broken one. Boy was I wrong. I paid $70 something for the warranty and then had to pay $99 as a deductible as well. For that price I could have bought a new phone. I will not waste my money again.
on January 8, 2010
I purchased squaretrade warranty for a few items last August without any experience with it. A couple weeks ago my $368 dollar monitor went out. I contacted squaretrade and they provided a shipping label and I mailed it out. About a week later, I received confirmation they received it and about 5 days later they put $368 into my paypal account. I just bought a comparable monitor for $157 with a three year warranty. Sweet deal and it worked, when I needed it. The only issue was that I needed to email the monitor receipt, when requesting a claim for the monitor. So, be sure you save your receipt.
on July 30, 2015
Originally, I wrote this review with a one star rating and a half-page chronicle of the bad experience I had with the SquareTrade rep who called me regarding my reimbursement. He said I would not be reimbursed for all of my covered items simply because of the way Best Buy wrote my receipt (it was vague and looked like I just bought some tech support, which I didn't). I won't bore you with the details, but the way I was treated did not line up with the 4-5 star reviews that SquareTrade usually gets. I felt it necessary to make everyone aware of the possible mistreatment one could receive when I comes time to collect. But I was wrong… Within hours of writing my negative review I had multiple SquareTrade higher ups contact me to to apologize for how I was treated and assure me that my case was being investigated IMMEDIATELY. They worked so fast to make things right that I'm almost convinced they could actually rule the world. I went from feeling wronged to appreciated as a customer in less than a day. In the end, I was given the benefit of the doubt and promptly reimbursed the full $281 instead of just $79. I don't know what happened to the rep that was rude to me but I can honestly say he was an exception to the golden standard that SquareTrade seems to have. I will be doing business with SquareTrade again in the future. I am very impressed with how they dealt with my situation even though my negative review placed me squarely in the PITA column. That's pain in the a** for those of you who aren't into acronyms. Thank you SqureTrade, you have earned your 5 stars.
on May 23, 2009
I seldom buy warranties, but when I bought my refurbished Dell Desktop computer I decided to purchase the Square Trade warranty. It was a good move because when it quit working nine months later, I called Square Trade with the details on what had happened and how it had been checked out, they refunded the full purchase price that I had paid.