5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a no hassle warranty!
My daughter had her laptop for a little less than a year. We bought it used on eBay and it turned out to be a lot older than we anticipated. We purchased the Square Trade Warranty just to be on the safe side. It started smoking one day so she started the process of activating the warranty. From start to finish it was only a matter of a couple weeks before we had a...
Published on May 22, 2009 by Kimi Bliss

1.0 out of 5 stars CALL SQUARE TRADE FOR ACCIDENTAL
Before you buy this here: Note, the coverage offered here at the Amazon website is standard only. The Drop and Spill coverage is sold separately and on Amazon but it is expensive. Call the 1-877-warranty number and speak to a SquareTrade rep directly. I got both the 3 years standard coverage for my $799 laptop and the drop and spill coverage for a total (including tax) of...
Published on September 1, 2009 by Madeleine Dunn

‹ Previous | 1 2 386 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade, June 3, 2009
I'm not really in to giving reviews but I am so impressed with Square Trade that I feel that a review is in order. I bought a computer with a Square Trade warranty from eBay that bit the dust. Thinking that I had to cut through miles of red tape and play phone tag, I called Square Trade. Much to my surprise it was quite the opposite. A few minutes after the phone call, Square Trade sent me an affidavit via email which I printed, signed, scanned and returned via email and by the next day the insurance money was placed in my PayPal account! In addition to their quickness, I give them an A+ on their ability to communicate, friendliness, great prices, and overall efficiency. I definitely will use Square Trade's services again and highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars I never buy an extended warranty but glad I did, December 8, 2010
John T. Rice (Baton Rouge, LA) - See all my reviews
I never buy an extended warranty. And I got that advice from Consumer Reports. However, I never had a laptop of my own before. And a little bird told me I better get this. Soon after I bought a Toshiba Satellite, the port where you plug the charger in failed. For a while, you had to push the cord in with superhuman strength or position the cord at some weird position to get it to charge. That first repair was covered by Toshiba, but they made it extremely difficult. I had to prove that it wasn't the cord and then they sent the wrong cord three times. From the time I reported it to the time it got fixed, three months passed. Then the exact same thing happened about seven months later. With Square Trade, I just emailed them and told them what was wrong. I got an email back within hours saying it sounded like they could fix it. The thing I like about the warranty the most is that if you start this process online, they'll update you every step of the way - telling you they started to fix it, that they have fixed it and that it's shipped. It took about a week. I am so glad I got this.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, January 8, 2010
I purchased squaretrade warranty for a few items last August without any experience with it. A couple weeks ago my $368 dollar monitor went out. I contacted squaretrade and they provided a shipping label and I mailed it out. About a week later, I received confirmation they received it and about 5 days later they put $368 into my paypal account. I just bought a comparable monitor for $157 with a three year warranty. Sweet deal and it worked, when I needed it. The only issue was that I needed to email the monitor receipt, when requesting a claim for the monitor. So, be sure you save your receipt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, May 23, 2009
jpm32189 "Dun Movin" (Florida & North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I seldom buy warranties, but when I bought my refurbished Dell Desktop computer I decided to purchase the Square Trade warranty. It was a good move because when it quit working nine months later, I called Square Trade with the details on what had happened and how it had been checked out, they refunded the full purchase price that I had paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Warranty Rocks, August 14, 2009
This review is from: SquareTrade 3-Year Computer Protection Plan ($350-$400) (Personal Computers)
I bought a laptop off of eBay. It was supposed to be a couple months old. But I had trouble after the first 2 weeks. And it died on me after just a couple of months. But thanks to square trade warranty was there for me. They stood behind the warranty 110%. I got my purchase price back with in a week and that included the shipping time to ship it back, which they paid for. ***** Five stars all the way.

1.0 out of 5 stars My warranty was a bad joke, April 18, 2010
~Leesa (Arlington, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I bought a warranty for my new laptop computer. However, when my laptop's - supposedly it's mother board - went out Square Trade would not fix my laptop. They said it would cost them more money than my retail price of $700 for my laptop. So now I am stuck with a dead laptop and I had paid for a four year warranty which is no good. I bought my laptop and warranty through Ecost and even Ecost wasn't able to help me. SquareTrade has a hidden policy about the amount of money they are willing to spend on a laptop and if they think it will be over the price they have the right to refuse the warranty! Now I have to buy a new laptop and I will not use Ecost or SquareTrade ever again. Be smart and do not rely on SquareTrade for your warranty. This just happened to me in April 2010.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best $50 I ever spent!!, April 24, 2009
A. Mortenson "Mountain-Dreamer" (Colorado Springs, Colorado United States) - See all my reviews
I bought my 2 year Squaretrade Warranty when I bought my used iBook through e-bay. The iBook cost $400, the warranty cost $50, and I am so thankful I bought it. 5 months after purchasing the iBook, the logicboard died. It turns out it had been a recalled item that was never taken care of, and the recall had expired.

The Squaretrade claim process was VERY simple and quick; just a few details about what the problem was, and what we had done to try and resolve it. Because the warranty was bought on an e-bay item, no receipt was necessary.

I heard back from Squaretrade the following day, and received a link to a pre-paid UPS mailing label, which I printed, and stuck on the box containing the packaged up iBook. 3 days after sending the iBook, I received another e-mail saying they had received it, and would get back to me and let me know if repair was possible, or whether they would just refund the purchase price. Two days later, another e-mail saying the refund had been approved...and a further 2 days later, the money back back in my Paypal account.

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Warranty--money well spent, December 5, 2009
Bought my laptop 1.5 years ago and also purchased Square Trade warranty.

Computer crashed and the claims process was fast and easy.

Email updates kept me informed of the process, and within five days I had a refund.

I am very pleased with every aspect of Square Trade!

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade warranty, May 20, 2009
Savvy Buyer (Las Vegas (baby!)) - See all my reviews
My notebook computer went "black screen" on me. I immediately called Square Trade customer service. The representative advised me that this is in most cases caused by a faulty mother board. I needed to send it in for evaluation. Square Trade paid for the shipment back to them. I was advised that it could take two to three weeks before I would get a refund. My package arrived at their location on the 12th of the month. By the 16th of the month I received an e-mail telling me that I had money available to be deposited into my PayPal account! Just four days later!!! Now that is customer service. 8 months ago I picked up a warranty for my new refrigerator that was $365.00 for three years from the seller of the refrigerator. Square Trade's cost: less than $100.00-a lot less. This is a "must do" my friends!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My squaretrade warranty, June 12, 2009
James Panter (St Louis, Missouri) - See all my reviews
I have had several warranties with Square Trade and have filed a claim on two of them. In both instances the items were sent in as requested and emails were sent to me as the item was noted as being in-route, received, and evaluated. Both claims were paid promptly, properly, and without further discussion. This is a very good warranty service and I recommend it highly. I will also add that my wife worked(recently retired) for a consumer warranty company and I know that this company does an excellent job with their administrative services which, at times,can be a challenge.

‹ Previous | 1 2 386 | Next ›