5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Warranty
I have never been a big fan of the Ipod's failure rate. They just don't last. When I made the decision to buy one, I wanted to make sure I was protected.

I had my Ipod for just 10 months when it failed. I went online, contacted SquareTrade, and filled out a claim. I was surprised by how quickly they responded.
I printed out the return label, and mailed my...
Published on November 5, 2009 by Luke A. Davis

2.0 out of 5 stars Be careful
Make sure you read the exclusions! My son dropped his and now they say accidental glass breakage is not covered! I needed to buy the upgrade.
Published on December 6, 2010 by change2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Warranty, November 5, 2009

I printed out the return label, and mailed my ipod in for inspection. I received a full refund in less than 5 days from filling my claim!

If you buy an Ipod, you must have this warranty!

5.0 out of 5 stars They honored their warranty. I'm impressed., April 6, 2009
Julia (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
I'd purchased a warranty for my iPod two years ago. When it broke, I went back and looked up the terms - submitted my claim - and had it honored. No hassles. I recommend purchasing warrantees for all iPod purchases, Apple only covers you for one year. It's worth the small price for this superior extended protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, April 6, 2009
I am very pleased with the customer service of this company. My ipod was not working properly and they refunded 100% the price that I paid, very fast. I highly recommend this company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely happy with Squaretrade Warranty!, July 30, 2009
In 2008 we ordered an Ipod and in 2009, the Ipod went bad. We contacted Squaretrade with the information about the Ipod going bad and they emailed me right back to tell us the procedure of the process for the warranty. We followed the simple instructions, they received what they needed and a full refund was given to us. Simple, affordable and easy to work with. We will definately be returning customers for Squaretrade.

2.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, December 6, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars SqaureTrade Warranty, September 30, 2009
Folks, consider me a reformed warranty skeptic! I thought I had probably just thrown some good money away on an IPOD warranty with SquareTrade but when it came time to see "how they were going to dodge my claim" was I ever surprised. I had broken the screen on my Ipod Touch 32gb and just knew there would be some way there were going to get out of paying for it. WRONG. I reported the claim on the website (nicely done website too,) and then was able to talk to a claim specialist that sent me a prepaid box to ship it to them in. 3 Days later, I had a repaired Ipod. DONE. What a wonderful surprise. AND, the warranty is still in place on the Ipod!

5.0 out of 5 stars Would definitely buy again., January 21, 2010
I was skeptical to buy this insurance for my 64gb Ipod touch, but I did so with the extra insurance to handle accidentals. Good thing I did, I accidently got water damage on my touch and was mortified thinking that I had to spend another $400 to get a new touch. Well luckily I didn't have to since Square Trade got me a new touch within 5 days. It was easy to deal with their representative, and hassle free to get a new touch. Would definitely purchase insurance from them again! Remember though keep your receipts, you can also fax them your receipts once you make your purchase and they will store it for you just in case you need it later to file a claim.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasted Money, November 28, 2010
I bought this warranty a while ago thinking I was doing a smart thing. When my Zune eventually broke I filed a claim online with the company. They contacted me by email and asked me to send in an email with my proof of purchase from Amazon. Once I did that was never contacted further. I assumed at first that they simply didn't receive the info so I sent it again. I still was not contacted; I visited their site and was only met with a message stating "assigning service". I also kept checking my email for updates, I waited two months but was never contacted again. After repeated attempts to contact them I realized I just wasted my money on this warranty and I will never buy another thing from this company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Universal Positive Reviews Online, December 24, 2008
Why Amazon sells the sorry warranties of Newcorp is beyond me. Squaretrade offers not only the coverage shown, but breakage protection for a small fee. So if you're buying a GPS, which are notorious for being easy to break the screen, get the breakage coverage for $15 extra.

This company gets universally positive reviews and why Amazon lets it reputation be dragged down by that Newcorp warranty, which is the only one they tell you about and has a two star rating right now, is beyond me. It's possible that the squaretrade warranty is available cheaper at the squaretrade website. Check for yourself. If amazon is cheaper or the same, you're better off buying from Amazon, but do check the pricing as I seem to remember the ones I bought from the website were cheaper than the advertised prices here. And I don't see the optional breakage coverage which you can get at the squaretrade website.

If the coverage was the same price, I would have bought my squaretrade warranty here at Amazon. It would certainly boost Amazon's reputation if they offered both instead of that horrible competitor Newcorp which has a two star rating (which Amazon conveniently doesn't show you on the screen where it appears with the item you might be buying) and many complaints about the service are here on Amazon at the place where you see the Newcorp reviws (you have to click on it).

Sqaretrade has been rated highly by many consumer groups who compare warranty coverage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Squaretrade warranty, June 12, 2009
I recently bought 2 refurbished Ipods and both encountered problems after only having them for a short time. I had purchased warranties on both from Squaretrade. I reported the problems, they E-mailed me prepaid packing slips, and I sent the MP3s in. I had my purchase price refunded in full within 2 weeks or less of starting the claim. I make a habit of buying warranties on most of my electronic equipment and ,my experience with Squaretrade is by far the best! They are also the cheapest! After this experience I can pretty much guarantee that I will be looking to SquareTrade for any future warranties before I look at a store or extended manufacturer's warranty.

SquareTrade 3-Year MP3 Protection Plan ($75-100)
$8.31