1,846 Reviews
 (1,189)

4.0 out of 5 stars Make Sure You Purchase The Correct Warranty For Your Product
I haven't purchased this yet: it is in my shopping cart and I will likely buy it.

However, I just got off the phone with SquareTrade [1-877-WARRANTY] and thought I'd pass on info I got from them as well as reading the reviews of the company on the San Francisco BBB site [...] and on epinions.com [...]

1. Make sure you have the right warranty for your...
Published on June 4, 2011 by G. E. Thomas

1,006 of 1,048 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Read the details before you buy a Squaretrade warranty
I have several Squaretrade warranties I purchased 1-2 years ago. They do what they say they will do, but the devil's in the details with Squaretrade warranties. The way they sell these for a lot lower cost is because they limit their exposure, and recoup costs on the back end. They limit their exposure by only providing total coverage up to the purchase price of your...
Published on May 11, 2011 by Geronimo

‹ Previous | 129 30 31185 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money - Not Helpful, December 25, 2012
I purchased an LG HDTV with an extended warranty through Square Trade and as requested, I submitted my proof of purchase email confirmation that Amazon sent me to Square Trade (which Square Trade said was acceptable) and next thing I know, Square Trade sends me an email saying that my Amazon email is unacceptable. Really? How is that even possible? I purchased everything through Amazon!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars The proof of the pudding . . ., November 20, 2012
is in the eating. How do you rate an insurance policy unless you have had the need to use it? It is nothing other than a piece of paper until you have that failure. The insuring company has done all the things expected of an insurance provider. I have hard copies of the policy. Everything seems OK. But . . . , like I said, unless you make a claim and get or don't get satisfaction you cannot make a valid assessment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best $200 I've ever spent., March 5, 2012
Squaretrade exceeded my expectations with this warranty. I first submitted a claim on my plasma on February 19. Squaretrade accepted my claim and contacted a 3rd party that does TV repairs. They then requested pictures of my tv to confirm the problem, which I sent back to them. A few days later the third party had ordered a part and shipped it to a local repair technician.

On Monday, February 27, the part arrived and the technician scheduled an in-home repair since my tv is over the size limit (mine is 54 inches). I showed the technician the problem before he started working on it, then after he replaced the part they had sent (a system board), we checked and the tv still had the same problem. He contacted the technical assistance department for the 3rd party contractor and they said they would be getting ahold of squaretrade to discuss replacing the tv or buying me out of my contract.

It is now Monday, March 5 and i have received $1999.99 in my PayPal account for me to replace the tv since they could not repair it economically. I do not understand where the negative reviews come from. And i will for sure be buying another warranty on my new TV this year. Not sure what to do with my old one though.

5.0 out of 5 stars pure awesomeness!!!!!, December 9, 2011
I have had 9 warranties with this company, and filed 4 claims. Easy as cake. These people are the real deal. I will never hesitate to buy a warranty from squaretrade. Never. They are the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Warranty, November 28, 2011
Bought the Square Trade Warranty for my new LCD TV. Had an issue just after the manufactures Warranty ran out. Square Trade was easy and took care of everything. Very happy and have bought 2 more for other TV's. Tell everyone about this service cant go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cell Phone Protection Available, November 16, 2011
From the time that my son fell into his friends swimming pool (with phone in pocket) until we received the replacement money in PayPal was only 4 days. Incredible!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review Squaretrade Warranty, November 16, 2011
Square Trade warranty is "Awesome" but why? here it is, We had a Samsung prevail for less than a year from boost mobile. The phone had a weird behavior of not charging when the phone is powered on. I did send to Samsung (the manufacturer) and it came back to me as BER and gave a useless reason. I did not get anything back other than the issue phone. Glad I had the square trade warranty and the process was real simple, was able to talk to a customer rep within few minutes of dialing on the first time. They generated pre-printed label and everything was put in the system attached to the label. Sent the phone next day and on the 3rd day, I got an email saying the phone can't be fixed and they gave me the amount that I spent for the phone. Hassle free process. I would highly recommend square trade for anyone and they have exceeded my expectations. I have dealt with several warranty companies before, but by far, this is the best service that I have got. Thank you SqaureTrade !!!!Samsung Galaxy Prevail Android Smartphone (Boost Mobile)

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a square trade, November 3, 2011
I won't take up too much of the reader's time. After all, brevity is wit. The Square Trade warranty is exactly what it is described to be. A square trade. A fair service provided in exchange for a fair expense. I spent 80 bucks insuring a 400 or so dollar television for four years. That's better than most standard warranties, and they also venture to keep a digital copy of your receipt on file so that the customer need not keep track of the paper. We all know how hectic life can be, and if your TV gets broken, I have my doubts you'll remember where you put the receipt.

I feel safe and secure with my squaretrade warranty.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Like, August 13, 2011
There is a whole set of contacts from 4 square warranty, print contracts, register for website etc etc. to me all these are trap doors which unless carefully navigated are options to decline warranty service resquests in the future...ok so I'm a skeptic but this is my experience with U.S. business practices.

1.0 out of 5 stars Could not register the protection plan., December 31, 2013
Every time I went online to register the protection plan I would get a reply that the registration number was invalid. I finally got tired of trying to register it and decided that I would write it off as a lesson learned. I will never purchase a protection plan from amazon again.

‹ Previous | 129 30 31185 | Next ›