5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend !
Published 22 months ago by thecowboy12

2.0 out of 5 stars When is two years one year?
I recently bought a AT&T telephone with a one year warranty. At that time I also purchased a Square Trade 2 year protection plan. If something goes wrong with the telephone during the first year it is covered by AT&T - not by Square Trade. Square Trade's warranty only applies during the second year - extending the warranty by ONE year - not two.
The Square Trade...
Published 16 months ago by Thomas

2.0 out of 5 stars When is two years one year?, February 21, 2013
The Square Trade warranty, to me, is a ONE year warranty extension and should be described by Square Trade and Amazon.com as such.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend !, August 28, 2012
I have SquareTrade warranties on all of my electronics.I purchase it everytime I place an order on Amazon.I've only had to use it one time so far but I am very pleased with the outcome.The screen on the netbook I purchased for my wife went blank and had no display.I shipped it to the manufacturer because it was still under their warranty.They declined to repair it for free because they said it was the users fault.I wasn't really surprised but it still made me mad.They would only repair it if I paid them to do so.I finally decided to have them repair it thinking how useless their warranty turned out to be.I decided to call SquareTrade because I put in a claim with them on this first but they told me because it was still under the manufacturers warranty I would have to ship it to them.SquareTrade was very helpful though with sending in the claim.They gave me instructions on what to do and where to send it and phone numbers to call.SquareTrade also told me if for some reason the Manufacturer would not cover the repair to contact them and they might be able to do something about it.I'm glad I did because they told me to fax them the repair bill from the manufacturer and they would reimburse me and they did.Thanks SquareTrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! I'm so impressed!, August 7, 2012
Housemouse (Northern California) - See all my reviews
I purchased this extended warranty 17 mos. ago, when I also purchased an HP printer here on Amazon.com, because my last printer died when it was only 2 weeks out of its traditional warranty. This new printer only lasted 5 mos after its factory warranty expired before dying. As soon as I realized I had done all I could to try and get my printer running again, I filed a claim on Friday with Square Trade and got a response on late Sunday, early Monday that my claim had been approved, and I was then asked how did I want to be reimbursed so I could get another printer. I chose the Amazon.com gift card and got a surprise 5% bonus from Square Trade for choosing that method, and have been told that I should have the gift card by email on Wednesday or Thursday, according to Square Trade. So I am thrilled with how quickly and nicely everything has been handled. Square Trade was fast, efficient and didn't waste my time!

I really did not know what to expect from this warranty. I was almost anticipating the claim to be dragged out and leaving me without a printer when I desperately needed one, with them playing games until I just gave up and walked away...but none of that ever happened! It seems like this company really treats their clients well, and responds quickly to claims. The 5% bonus for using the Amazon gift card was a real surprise, and since I got my previous printer on sale, the extra 5% is helping me get a better printer than before. I found a Brother all in one printer (fax/copy/scan) with an automatic document feeder and a $30 instant rebate, or an Epson all in one printer (fax/copy/scan) also with an automatic document feeder and double sided printing. With the bonus, I will only have to pay $5 out of pocket for the Brother, or $20 out of pocket for the Epson. It'll be a tough choice, but if that is the only tough thing to come up in this whole experience, I consider myself very, very lucky.

I fully intend to buy Square Trade warranties regularly from now on! They are amazing and their people on the phone are very nice and extremely helpful.

Thanks to Amazon.com for making these warranties available when I buy items from them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the investment, November 23, 2012
Bought the 2 year extended warrentee for a tower fan I purchsed off of amazon.com. Fan broke down after 1.5 years. Called square trade for a replacement. Fast, simple and great customer service in getting a replacement. I have purchased two additional square trade warrentees since. Worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars this is the second warranty for another epson scanner, December 9, 2012
hello,
when i purchased my old hp printers years ago, i got a warranty. it covered replacement. so after a year, it broke and i got another one in the mail. now, after that hp printer bit the dust, i purchased an epson artisan printer. i purchased the extra SquareTrade 3-Year Office Warranty as a back up to the one year epson warranty. the square trade customer service explained the program. it is a 3 year warranty, everything is covered, during the first year of the epson, epson charges you for returning the scanner/ printer as well as postage and handling. square trade covers it. that sold me on purchasing the next SquareTrade 3-Year Office Warranty for my new epson photo scanner. i hope i never have to use any warranty, but in this day and age, nothing lasts forever. (at least its is covered for 3 years...about the same time for a new one as my printer/scanner history goes...)
amazon delivery was outstanding and the SquareTrade 3-Year Office Warranty is less than the epson factory warranty.

great buy...

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, December 28, 2013
· Purchased a protection plan for my printer via Amazon on October 26, 2013.
· Printer promptly shipped and received.
· Nothing received from SquareTrade. My order history, however, says Shipped.
· Contacted SquareTrade in writing approximately one month later. What should I expect to receive, I asked.
· Checked my Spam folder for anything from this vendor. Nothing.
· No reply as of today, December 28, 2013. Imagine if I need to file a claim someday.
· These are the facts. Draw your own conclusions.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for company purchases...read the fine print, November 2, 2013
My company bought this to cover a printer purchased, and when the printer was defective, this company said they only cover personal/residential items...not company purchases. Read the fine print I guess. The one good thing is that they immediately offered to refund in full the money spent on the protection plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is a little confusing, November 30, 2012
I purchased this warranty for a printer that was cheaper than what I would normally spend on a printer so I bought the warranty to be safe. I have to say that I have not had to use the warranty yet so can't rate that part. I did read the reviews before purchasing the warranty and how one person said he bought the warranty for one item but it said another. This also happened to me. Warranty said it was for a computer. But you have to read all the emails they send you & follow directions you are able to change this when you register your warranty which was very fast & very easy. Think the just use a generic category in the purchasing process but you are able to get it exact later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 23, 2013
I was in Hawaii visiting my family and my i4S screen started going bad with dark black lines top and right side.
Having another week and a half vacation I requested a replacement sent to my Honolulu address.
A replacement arrived via Fed Ex one business day later.

This is my second replacement. The service is great.

Gary Miyamoto

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Registration, January 10, 2013
I did not receive a confirmation e-mail from Square Trade in order to use the included Link to make registration easy like their website states. I proceeded to register on their website but the product I ordered the warranty for was listed wrong. It was listed as a computer/laptop and I purchased an AT&T cordless phone/answering system. I phoned their number and asked for assistance. I was told they don't have a category for small items and they would have to make a note in their system as to the product and model number so that I would not have warranty claim problems with my phone. I tried to input the serial number and the website would not allow it. I am hoping I don't have problems in the event that I need to file a claim. It seems very unprofessional that Square Trade can't do a better job allowing for accurate and detailed categories, product names, models and serial numbers for their warranty registration. It makes me wonder if I will receive decent warranty coverage if I should need it in the future. Fix your website warranty registration process and information!

Rate and Discover Movies