Published on October 30, 2009 by James Ralph Eccles

1.0 out of 5 stars TRASH -- Feels like bait & switch
SquareTrade refused to fix my camera. The lens mounting ring separated from the camera body. Admittedly this is an odd failure. Perhaps some adhesive or screw failed. Anyway there is not a scratch, dent or otherwise on the camera nor the now dangling lens.
Published 16 months ago by RobertaM

5.0 out of 5 stars I was amazed they didnt try to wriggle out of this waranty....., October 30, 2009
I bought their warranty as I had a bought a new to the market digital camera on ebay, and after 2 yrs and 8 months of a 3yr waranty I thought it was a lost cause, when my camera failed on vacation in China, and I had to buy another while away, ( which got stolen before I could insure it....go figure). But I contacted Square Trade on my return and to my amazement they not only responded, but sent me a UPS return label for it...... AND 2 weeks later, repaid the FULL purchase price into my PayPal account.... I was IMPRESSED to say the least!!!! I have since insured my new camera, and my laptop with them, and will also have them cover my soon to be purchased IPhone too...and am a CONFIRMED beliver in SQUARE TRADE... and all my friends know it soooo, JUST DO IT....NOW!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Was skeptical -- but not anymore!, September 18, 2009
You never know how good a warranty is until you have to file a claim on it. I had purchased two previous warranties through SquareTrade "just in case" the refurbished items I purchased did not hold up. The items where great and I never had to file a claim. The third time I purchased a warranty on a camera that gave out after about 4 months of use. I was amazed and impressed how quickly SquareTrade responded; sent the information on how to mail the item back to them at their cost; and how quickly they received the item got back to me that it was not repairable and issued a FULL refund of the purchase price. They are definitely true to their word. Never again will I buy an in-store warranty since I know I will get a cheaper price through SquareTrade and I know first-hand they will honor the warranty should I have problems. I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best warranty ever!, December 3, 2009
Shelley (Leander, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
I bought a Square Trade warranty about 2 years ago for my Kodak digital camera. When it stopped working, I contacted them and they sent me a postage paid label to mail in the camera. A week later, they refunded the entire purchase price via my paypal account. I am thrilled and I just bought warranties for my new camera, laptop, and GPS. One note of caution though, YOU MUST KEEP YOUR RECEIPT OF PURCHASE, as you are required to show proof of purchase before redeeming the warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than sliced bread,, April 17, 2009
Other folks, whose initials are BestBuy, acknowledged the camera I bought from them was broken, but would not honor the warranty they sold me. They kept sending the item in for repairs that never fixed the problem. SquareTrade, in contrast, was all about making me whole and made good on their warranty for a cell phone in short order. Squaretrade is all I use these days, and with their accidental damage coverage option, I am set for all situations. Now I can enjoy all my tech toys without worry. A major value added, for a very small price.

1.0 out of 5 stars TRASH -- Feels like bait & switch, December 6, 2012
My "warranty" was supposed to cover mechanical failure. When I submitted my claim I was informed that while yes mechanical failure is covered "physical damage" is not. HUH? The representative made it clear that she understood that I had in no way caused the damage.
When I bought tis warranty no such exclusions were stated. SquareTrade refunded me the original purchase price of the warranty.
I am super careful with my electronics. So the whole reason I bought an extended warranty wa to get coverage against product failure that might occur after the manufacture's warranty expired. Had I known how bogus the SquareTrade warranty was I would have bought one from a different company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Warranty, November 10, 2009
J. Fernandez (CA, United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased a camera in December 2007 for my husband. I also purchased the Square Trade 3 year warranty for a very reasonable rate. Recently the camera lost the ability to focus and I returned it as per Square Trade instruction. They assesed the problem, determined it was not fixable and sent money to my PayPal account. No questions asked. I would highly recommend this coverage.

5.0 out of 5 stars SQUARE TRADE WARRANTY, October 9, 2009
Late December 2008 I purchased a refurbished camera from a very reputable company on E Bay. When I was offered the Square Trade Warranty, I was a little leary. (I had purchased warranties through well named stores in the past and had horrible experiences when my item failed) After researching Square Trade, I purchased an extended warranty plan for my camera. To my dismay, my camera failed to perform 9 months after purchase. I contacted Square Trade via e-mail, they e-mailed me a postage paid return label. I printed my label and carefully packaged up my defunct camera and off it went. Square Trade kept me informed every step of the way, from shipping, to receipt of the camera, and the bad news: it was not repairable. They immediately credited the dollar amount spent on the camera to my Pay Pal account. I immediately purchased a new camera, and yes, I purchased a new Square Trade Warranty. Christmas is fast approaching, and I look forward to telling stores, no thanks to their extended warranties, Square Trade Warranties are far more cost efficient, and so much easier to deal with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great prices ! Great service !, June 17, 2009
E. Medina Castrejon (Aldan, PA United States) - See all my reviews
You can buy a warranty from Square Trade for for what ever electronics you have, even for a used item on Ebay ! They have drop and spill warranty too that you can add. It is very easy, they keep everything online for you. If you subscribe to their newsletter they often have discounts. I just had a camera failing, they replied to my email the next day, offered me a shipping label to print to send my camera, and 2 or 3 days after, sent me an email saying they were going to reimburse me the price of my camera on my Paypal account. A few more days after, it's done and I can buy another, newer camera. Thanks Square Trade.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!!!!, August 5, 2009
I purchased a digital camerea on ebay and decided to by this warranty on a whim. I am so glad I did. My camerea broke several months later leaving me pretty upset. I started my online claim the same day, which was so easy. They followed up with ideas on how to fix my camerea and a phone number to call if those ideas did not work. Of course my camerea was unrepairable. I sent it in and received a full refund within days. I could not be happier with my warranty. I will definetly buy this warranty to cover my new digital camerea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Warranties, November 24, 2009
Square Trade aftermarket warranties are a good value for the price, which is considerably less than those the electronic stores try to sell you. I purchased a Sony Handycam and tried a Square Trade warranty which was $24.00 for 3 years. Toward the end of the warranty the focus during a zoom did not always work or did not keep up with the zoom. I called Square Trade. They told me to get a price quote locally to have the item fixed. The quote I received was only $40 less than the cost of the camera. When I reported that to Square Trade, they sent me a prepaid UPS mailing label. Three days after they received the malfunctioning camera I had the total warranty value in my PayPal account. I will purchase other Square Trade warranties on small complicated electronics in the future.

ARRAY(0x97d641bc)