Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Service plan term: 4 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 700-$800|Change
Price:$174.94+ Free shipping

on June 27, 2010
Although I just purchased the warranty service and never had to call them on it, I was impressed with the follow up calls from SquareTrade when I first made the purchase. They wanted to make sure that all my concerns were answered and my laptop was properly registered. Needless to say, it is quite reassuring knowing that they build their reputation on this type of service. I will keep you apprised of my warranty experience over the next three years.
on June 9, 2014
I've been using Square trade since early 2009. When I originally got it I was skeptical.
After about 2yrs, I had to contact SquareTrade regarding an issue with my laptop. I was expecting a hard time and to be hassled so I planned ahead. I logged into my SquareTrade account (Apparently if you have a warranty through them you have an account), and found the warranty paperwork which included the start and end dates as well as the terms and conditions and other important information.
I reached out to them an explained the issue as best I could. They said they would send an empty box with pre-shipping label and packing material. The box arrived in a couple of days, I sent the laptop out and after about about just short of a week got an email stating what was going on and the amount for parts (which were covered by the warranty). I was told I could either approve the work and they'd start or deny and they'd send the laptop back. I obviously approved it.
After about week and a half, I got the laptop back in working condition. No issues what so ever.

All in all, great experience. The laptop was roughly $600, Parts were a little over $200, total time without a laptop was about 2-1/2 weeks.
I've read the horror stories, read the complaints, I can honestly say I had a very pleasant experience. I ended up using the warranty a second time a year later (different problem). Again no problems.

I have 11 items under their warranty and the 6 times I've used them, it's been a pleasant experience.
on January 9, 2015
Terrible warranty plan. When the computer I purchased and failed in the first six months the square trade warranty purchase would not repair the hard drive that caused the failure. square trade only offered to pay the purchase price and wanted the unit back. What a pain because I have no longer have a computer and am out the $35.00 of the plan. I have been waiting for the refund check for two months for the refund. I have purchased 5 of these warranties and feel I have wasted my money.
on December 22, 2009
I had purchsed two refurbished netbooks and since most place won't warranty them I seen the Square Trade offer and regisitered them. The keyboard of one went bad after about 6 mos, I emailed them and they checked the warranty I had and said that it will be refunded but I had to send it back for an examination. Which I did. Yesterday my total purchase price was refunded. They were very informative all the way on the process. I can't recommend a better warranty program. I have several other things registered already and I hope I don't have to use it again but for the value it is well worth it even if I don't have to collect on the warranty. I have already been telling every one locally about them. the service was grand. And to be able to get am extended warranty on a refurbished item is a rarity. They do handle new items also and are cheaper than most store offered extended warranties.
on July 22, 2009
These guys are real professionals. The response time to my request was minimal. The communication excellent. I followed the instructions they provided which were concise & clear and received the refund for my defective item 3 days after I sent it back for review by their staff.

I couldn't be more satisfied with Square Trade !
on October 20, 2014
I purchased the 3 year warranty for my iPhone 6 and the confirmation email states that there is a $999.99 coverage limit. I called four times and emailed several times to get clarification on this. When you call, you will talk to someone in India and they will have to put you on hold every time you ask a question so they ask their supervisor. They all told me that I can have my phone replaced 4 times and they each said they would send me an email stating that, but they either didn't send me an email or sent a vague email that does not answer my question. Some of this may be the language barrier since they are from India but they seem to understand the issue I'm talking about on the phone but completely miss the issue in the emails. They said if the phone is repaired, then there is a coverage limit of the retail value of the phone. It gets very confusing about repairs versus replacements and I am so frustrated dealing with them. If I can't get a simple, straight answer out of them now, I don't trust dealing with them if I have to file a claim.
on October 15, 2009
I purchased a refurbished Acer 22" LCD Flat Panel monitor from Tiger Direct [great deals]. In just under 1 year, the monitor all of a sudden started experiencing a display problem. I logged into my SquareTrade account and submitted a claim on the item. Within 24 hours I had an email with shipping label to send my monitor in for review [it pays to keep your original packaging!]. In less than 4 days [incl ship transit time], I had a response letting me know that my monitor was deemed unrepairable and would therefore be receiving a full payout for the value [amount paid] of the monitor. Within 5 business days, the full refund price was credited to my Paypal account. AWESOME SERVICE!! Highly Recommend!!! I won't buy anything without having a SquareTrade Warranty, HANDS-DOWN!
on July 15, 2015
Do Not! I repeat Do Not! Purchase a warranty from square trade! Making a warranty claim will take over a month for a resolution, and when they do finally pay out for the claim they will place a stop payment on the check issued. This company does not stand behind any of its claims!
on June 12, 2009
SquareTrade Warranty is a fantastic company. Great communication with prompt service! Processed my claim for an eBay laptop in only 6 days!! It is my recommendation to everyone to purchase an extended warranty from Square Trade no matter where you purchase your item. Their prices are more than competitive in any market! Buy with confidence!!
on May 8, 2014
This was the first non-manufacturer warranty I ever bought, and I've used SquareTrade for every expensive electronic item I've purchased since. I'd actually never used a warranty before, and wasn't really expecting to when I bought this, but it was fairly cheap, so I went with it. About two years into my three years, my laptop had a really annoying hardware malfunction. It was fast and easy to file a claim, they sent me a box to ship my laptop in free of charge, and I had it back fixed within two weeks. I think all I really needed was some new thermal paste, but they replaced my entire hard drive (with a better one) and coped all my files to the new one. This was the only claim I've ever filed, but when I needed it, they were fast and efficient. I've never purchased the drop/spill coverage, so I can't say how easy it would've been to file a claim in that case, but I was quite impressed with how easy SquareTrade was to work with. I'll definitely keep using them in the future.