Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Service plan term: 4 years|Service plan covered value: $1-$50|Change
Price:$41.26+ Free shipping

on June 16, 2011
I purchased this replacement/refund policy for my new Epson 8350 projector because of its iron-clad guarantee that: 1)one would NOT have to pay for shipping if necessary, 2) replacement parts would not be third party or refurbished, 3) the projector bulb is covered against failure, and 4)coverage starts on the day you receive the item.

Instead, when you actually receive the policy (in an email) and get to read it over carefully (which one really should do), I found a long list of exclusions, including non-coverage on "consumer replacement parts" ; the projector bulb is NOT covered against failure, replacement parts can be third party (non-manufacturer) or refurbished or rebuilt - not NEW, OEM as described on amazon, and, if the projector is to be replaced "SQUARE TRADE" can do so with a "like" model or a refurbished model - their choice. Also, the owner is responsible for shipping charges.

I do not understand the apparent 180 degree turnaround in wording/coverage from what is advertised on amazon versus what is in writing on the contract one receives in electronic format. Usually Amazon is right on the mark and money with what is sold on their website. It doesn't appear to be this way this time with this insurance policy. Beware, review this policy carefully, as what is in writing is what you get.
77 comments|71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2012
After purchasing this warranty, I received a "courtesy" call from SquareTrade. I explained to them that I bought a 4 year warranty but their literature for the product covered, a TV projection bulb, stated that it could only be covered for 3 years. After being transferred to a "specialist", he said I should cancel the warranty as they did not cover TV projection bulbs, period. It sounded a little "fishy" since even Amazon's page would suggest purchasing this warranty for the projection bulb. Anyhow, Amazon refunded the warranty purchase.
on July 2, 2014
Purchasing this item was the biggest mistake I believe that some of the reviews might be fraudulent, this was my experience with Square Trade in April I experienced a 55 minute hold time and was finally told that a "certified" technician would be sent to my home. The technician should up and could not fix the computer, he suggested that I run to Best Buy to pick up a external disc drive so that he could load software from there. I did so and honestly the only reason I did was because I really needed a working computer.

The technician could not fix the PC so I decided to take it to a local repair ship who said that it would be cheaper to purchase a new computer and that fixing it would basically be like building a new PC. I contacted Square Trade and they said that another technician would come out and look at the computer and that this was there process. I was very upset by this point and said I want the money value of my PC. They than said that the technician needed to come out again and they would take a look at the computer. As of July 2nd the computer is still not repaired and I am still dealing with Square Trade.

When I purchased the protection plan it said if the computer is not repaired within 5 business days I would be reimbursed, so far it was been four months and nothing has been resolved.
on November 17, 2015
If you buying a projector and want to include the lamp warranty, make sure to select
"Electronics Protection Plan", not the "AV protection plan". I confirmed with squaretrade that the projector lamp coverage is included with this plan
on July 23, 2010
I bought a GPS off of eBay almost 2 years ago. I paid $20 for 2 years insurance from Square Trade. After 20 months, my GPS screen failed and I registered a claim with Square Trade. Their process was simple, efficient and absolutely excellent. Within a few days my claim was processed, approved and the full amount of what I originally paid for the GPS, was paid out to me ... without any resistance.

This was by far the greatest insurance experiences I have ever had. I highly recommend purchasing Square Trade insurance on any electronic product you purchase ... I surely will in future.
on February 7, 2012
Over time I went through several DVD players, VHS players, and MP3 players only to have them crash and burn & get no help from the manufactor's customer service. Then I got smart and purchased a warranty through Square Trade. One year later, my newest DVD player decided it no longer would record. I figured I would go through all kinds of grief trying to get the thing fixed and who knows what it would cost me. But guess what? Square Trade decided, and rightly so, that it was not worth it to repair the DVD recorder. And not only that, I was entitled to my full purchase price back! I love this service. I have since bought another DVD recorder, two in fact, and warranties for both. I highly recommend them to everyone.
VINE VOICEon April 5, 2014
I have had a few SquareTrade warranties and have always been very happy and confident with them. On one occasion I sent back the product I had warranted and SquareTrade immediately gave me a full refund. A friend of mine had a faulty TV serviced with SquareTrade and after 3 timely visits, they were given a check for the full price of the faulty unit. This is a no hassle warranty.
on February 6, 2012
I bought a Square Trade 4 year warranty by my new HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 e-wireless all-in-one; printer, copier, fax and scanner. This is a great machine, but I really want to keep it that way and not taking chances with it. It took about 4 min. to get the warranty and I received my receipt for it almost immediately. I have been using SquareTrade for several years and have always been extremely happy with them. They do what they say they're going to do, if they can't take care of you over the phone they replace the product. I've never had any hassle or problems in getting a replacement or repair. They always seem happy to deal with you and take very good care of you. Unlike many tech support companies there is no language barrier that I have ever found. I definitely recommend SquareTrade to anyone who wants to warrantee their electrical or electronic devices. They're very inexpensive, quick and easy to use and they keep a record of your receipts for you to you don't have to worry about losing the receipt. This is a great program and I recommend it to everyone!
on April 7, 2014
... and they replaced it immediately without my even having to send them the old one first. Very nice woman on the phone and they made good on the warranty quickly. I now have about 10 things warrantied by them and will continue to use them unless they don't stand by a warranty. So far, so good.
on January 8, 2013
I previously purchased a Square Trade Protection Plan . . . that is why I purchased the protection plan on my latest purchase. Square Trade doesn't hesitate, doesn't give you the 'run around', and doesn't have a bad attitude when you have a claim. They support you and provide you with the service you purchased. Remember: Believe in Square Trade. Cover your purchases with very reasonably priced protection and have peace of mind.BISSELL Spotbot Pet Handsfree Spot and Stain Cleaner with Deep Reach Technology, 33N8A