1,567 Reviews
 (1,020)

4.0 out of 5 stars Make Sure You Purchase The Correct Warranty For Your Product
I haven't purchased this yet: it is in my shopping cart and I will likely buy it.

However, I just got off the phone with SquareTrade [1-877-WARRANTY] and thought I'd pass on info I got from them as well as reading the reviews of the company on the San Francisco BBB site [...] and on epinions.com [...]

1. Make sure you have the right warranty for your...
Published on June 4, 2011 by G. E. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Read the details before you buy a Squaretrade warranty
I have several Squaretrade warranties I purchased 1-2 years ago. They do what they say they will do, but the devil's in the details with Squaretrade warranties. The way they sell these for a lot lower cost is because they limit their exposure, and recoup costs on the back end. They limit their exposure by only providing total coverage up to the purchase price of your...
Published on May 11, 2011 by Geronimo

‹ Previous | 122 23 24157 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great company to extend warrentee with, April 6, 2013
I've purchased many protection plans with Square Trade. On the odd occasion when I have had to use their extended warrantee, they have been quick and easy to deal with!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase I ever made, March 21, 2013
I bought a 65" Panasonic Plasma from Amazon and included the Square Trade warranty because it was cheap (had a 30% off coupon code that you can find almost anywhere online). TV worked beautifully for two years and then up and died - would not power on. Called ST and they told me to call any service company within my region and have the TV fixed and they would reimburse me but to call them first with the cost of repairs.

Well, the repairman came out and said the power supply surged (not my home line, it's on a commercial surge protector) and burned out several boards as well as the power supply itself. He pulled two of the boards to show me that they were indeed damaged. After he got all the estimates from Panasonic, the total cost was going to be around $1400 (his labor, two trips and the parts themselves). I called ST with this estimate since it seemed really high to me. Within an hour, ST called me back to tell me that would be reimbursing me the entire price of the TV (what I paid, not what it was currently selling for which was about $400 LESS than I paid). Two days later I got the check in the mail from ST for $1765, exactly what I paid. They said they elected to do this rather than repair because the nature of the damage left too much room to discover yet more damaged components after the obvious ones were replaced. And, to keep me as a customer, they gave me a coupon code for 40% off my next warranty (you will not find a 40% off coupon online!).

Bought another Panasonic through Amazon (upgraded model) and once again purchased the warranty from ST. I don't see how you can go wrong and I also don't understand people who are upset that they won't warrant beyond the initial cost of the product - that only makes sense to me and it's in their contract as the limit of their liability (read ANY extended warranty from any major company and you'll see the same limits - no one warrants a $1000 item for an unlimited repair bill and to expect otherwise is unrealistic).

Everyone I dealt with was professional, got back to me on a very timely basis and never questioned anything. I now use them for extended warranties on almost everything I buy that they will cover. Plus, they are providing the extended warranties for all of Costco's electronics at very reasonable rates. A true five star company!

5.0 out of 5 stars great service would recommed, March 15, 2013
i didn't understand at first that you don't get a policy mailed to you. but you can have it mailed to you if you call and want one. very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Claim, March 14, 2013
This claim process was so easy and Square Trade was just great to work with. The whole process was simple and I just bought another plan for our new TV. Can't beat it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent warranty at a decent price, February 28, 2013
I purchased a 50" Vizio tv from Amazon. I was looking for a warranty and Amazon and the Vizio website suggested Squaretrade. I reviewed the company using Amazon cusstomer feedback and google searching and could find no wrong. They will cover any repairs on your tv, front to back, speakers, screen everything. It even covers the tv is there is a power surge that ruins it. They will send a repairman to your home and if it can't be fixed they will buy you another brand new tv. It doesn't get any better than that. There are many levels of warranties you can purchase starting at 2 years and up. It is also priced on the amount you spent on the product. When you purchase the product, the send you an email to get started with setting up your warranty on their website. You email them a copy or fax them a copy of your receipt for your purchase and they apply it to your warranty and your set. Very easy.

For a nominal price, you can also buy warranties for many other types of electronics including laptops, ipads,cameras,etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not cover accidental damage, February 17, 2013
Just let buyers that this insurance does not cover accidental damage protection. The only time i needed the protection which i didn't get it. Now its too late to get another protection for my 1.5 year old TV

5.0 out of 5 stars 39 in. lcd tv, January 4, 2013
I actually got a VISIO 39" LCD TV on EBAY and decided to get Square Trade Ins, just in case something goes wrong, well something did go wrong, I couldn't control the brightness on my tv it keep getting dimmer. I contacted Square Trade, and within 24 hours they made their decision, emailed my shipping label, so I can ship it back to them, as soon as I took it to UPS and they scanned the shipping label, with in hours I was refuned back the cost of the TV into my PayPal account now thats super fast service. I'm very please with their fantastic service, would recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars SquareTrade and my 55" Samsung LED TV, January 1, 2013
I could not believe it!

My 15 months old Samsung 55" LED 3D TV has black line on screen. Its good thing that 4 years Square Trade protection plan got it covered after 12 months Samsung warranty has just expired.

So I started claim with Square Trade online which is EASY! One service agency was assigned and has contacted me in next day. They asked for model number, serial number etc. And photos of black line on screen via email. After few days, they determined that LED panel is defective and is not repairable. If the electronic board (known as motherboard) is defective, they would come and replace it at my home.

Square Trade then mailed me a check of full amount I paid for TV ($1849.00) so I can buy other TV.

Wow, this is very efficient service and very fair. I definitely will buy Square Trade warranties on my future electronic products.

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars No Hassles, January 1, 2013
TV stopped working so I called and they led me through the steps (I initially tried email but it didn't work). Quick and easy with no hassles or hidden costs. Received full refund plus 10%. I will definitely purchase this protection for any electronics I buy in the future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Protection Plan, December 31, 2012
I still have yet to receive an documentation on this protection plan.I expected at least a manuel explaining my options. Go figure ?

‹ Previous | 122 23 24157 | Next ›