Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Service plan term: 4 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 600-$700|Change
Price:$60.27+ Free shipping

on February 2, 2014
I got a contract for a previous purchase and it turned out the item did not work and was returned. So I emailed Square Trade and within minutes, they had replied and told me that they would refund my money on the other contract, no problem. I wasn't sure if they would since technically, the contract was already in place for a few days. I then got this contract for the replacement purchase.

So nice when a company is easy to work with and you don't have to BEG for credits or changes.
on May 8, 2014
I have only rarely (less than 3 times) purchased a protection plan, and what a good choice this was for our 55-inch TV. The TV was expensive and, I considered, fragile and an unknown buy for me. I chose the protection plan. A year and a half later the panel developed distorted lines across the screen. I filed the claim (keep your receipts, people) and after answering a few questions it was approved and a technician scheduled an appointment to inspect the problem. He let me know exactly what I could expect: Square Trade would respond promptly in one of three ways -- they would have him come back out to repair the problem, or replace the product, or cash me out. Not long after, his employer called back to schedule an appointment to repair the TV and it was done in short order. That day, Samsung called to follow up. All in all, an outstanding customer service experience. I would definitely buy a Square Trade protection plan again.
on February 24, 2013
Read the fine print carefully. If you your repair cost is $400 on a $600 TV they will not cover more than a $200 repair on a subsequent claim. You're just out of luck. they give you $200 back and thats it. A four year warranty can be exhausted soon after the manufacturers warranty runs out under the above circumstances.
on December 4, 2015
I just bought this coverage for a new TV. I ordered the TV & the coverage simultaneously, and they automatically started it the day of anticipated delivery. The coverage is very reasonably priced compared to store bought coverage. The coverage has 1 year of overlap with the manufacturers warranty. During that 1st year the SquareTrade insurance is only for "Drops & Spills". The manufacturers warranty covers the rest. Starting the 2nd year the coverage is entirely with Square Trade. It's cost is a little over 10% of the value of the TV. Spread over 4 years it's 2.5% + per year. Plus TV's seem to be more delicately made these days. It seems a very reasonable price to pay. It's hard to give it 5 stars to start. I've never bought their insurance before & therefore can't comment on how they are when it comes to using the insurance.
on April 6, 2012
I COULD NOT BE MORE PLEASED WITH SQUARETRADE. I AM USUALLY NOT ONE TO PURCHASE WARRANTIES, BUT AM REALLY GLAD I DID THIS TIME. I BOUGHT A SAMSUNG CELL PHONE AND IT STOPPED WORKING IN 3 MONTHS.

WHEN I CALLED TO MAKE THE CLAIM THE REP COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS. I DID NOT HAVE AN ACTUAL RECEIPT, BUT HAD THE EMAIL ON THE PURCHASE AND HE TOLD ME I COULD FORWARD HIM THAT EMAIL AND HE WOULD TAKE CARE OF THE REST. HE SENT ME A MAILING LABEL AND THE WHOLE PROCESS WAS VERY PLEASANT. HE ALSO GAVE ME 3 DIFFERENT OPTIONS ON HOW I COULD GET PAID BACK. IT IS HARD TO GET THAT KIND OF SERVICE THESE DAYS.

LOVE LOVE LOVE SQUARETRADE.
on January 14, 2014
I was excited to find a coupon for a 4-year SquareTrade warranty for a TV recently purchased from Walmart.com.
After successfully ordering the coverage plan, I ran into some complications entering additional information (my model number wasn't listed on the SquareTrade site, and the receipt I'd submitted hadn't gone through after a few minutes) so I gave them a call to make sure everything was good to go. After talking briefly with the rep I felt increasingly uncertain about my coverage and just asked him straight up: is my TV actually covered?

The answer was no, because it was a refurbished item, and they do not offer coverage for items that aren't new (unless they were purchased from eBay).

I'll admit I didn't read through every last line of SquareTrade's fine print, but I did skim it, and it seems to me like something as important as refurbished items not being covered should have been pointed out a little more prominently somewhere along the way. My biggest concern is: if I hadn't called, when would I have been informed that my TV wasn't covered?

Pros: Reasonably priced, good coupons/discounts available regularly, extremely easy purchase process.
Cons: Not very forthcoming about coverage requirements and restrictions.
Conclusion: As other reviews have suggested, do your research first! And when in doubt, call and ask.
on August 3, 2015
STOP! Don't waste your time & money on this company. They don't honor their warranties at all. When you buy a product, you usually get a 1 year manufacture warranty with the item. Well, with Square trade, your warranty starts right when you buy it, but you can't use it until your manufacture warranty has expired. So you're paying for 2 years of coverage, but only getting 1 year. Secondly, they will find a way to label any issue you have with your product as "accidental damage" and refuse to cover your item, but they will happily refund you the price of your warranty. This company is a scam that participates in fraudulent activity.
on December 12, 2012
Received the information before the product even arrived. Setup on their website is a breeze. Just enter less than half a dozen simple facts like make, model, serial and it is complete. Forward a copy of the Amazon.com receipt for proof of purchase and all was done. Real simple with no hassles. Excellent service. Recommended to everyone.
on August 22, 2013
I have purchased multiple square trade warranties, only one of which I had to make a claim on recently. Purchasing the warranties was very easy, maintaining warranties in one convenient place online, and ability to access warranty information from any computer or smartphone. The warranty prices and deductibles are very competitive and the opportunities for discounts are available if you sign up for email's from Square Trade.

When filing a claim, I was able complete the claim online, and follow up with an email response regarding the malfunctioning item, and one telephone call. The email did seem to be repetitive of information I provided in the initial claim, but it was a third party trying to assess the problem to be able to order parts. When I made a telephone call to customer service, they said they just needed some information to, again, order parts and then contact a local repair company. I didn't understand how parts could be ordered based on a couple pictures and my untrained description, but I suppose it was sufficient because they determined that the item was non-repairable and would need to be replaced. I received quick responses regarding the handling of my claim and was able to replace my item within a week and a half of initial claim.

For warranties on telephones/smartphones, it is my understanding that a lender (or replacement if applicable) would be overnighted. I'm pretty satisfied with Square Trade and will be buying all warranties available for items I purchase through them!
on April 14, 2016
Doesn't cover accidental damage. If this "insurance" is going to be shoved in my face when I'm trying to check out, then it should at least say that up front. That's the main reason to even have insurance! Yeah, once you look at the questions regarding the insurance, it says that, but while the details never say it covers accidental damage, the details don't explicitly say it doesn't cover accidental damage. If I'm being offered insurance on something like a tv, I want and expect accident coverage.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse