Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SquareTrade 3-Year MP3 Accident Protection Plan (Below $50)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Service plan term: 3 Years|Service plan covered value: $1-$50|Change
Price:$11.95+ Free shipping

on June 26, 2010
I give Square Trade extended warranties a resounding five stars.....HOWEVER - you can save lots of money by going directly to their website and getting your warranty there. You can get the same 3 year extended warranty with accident protection for new items, but there are always coupons floating out on the 'net (google square trade coupons)...which can save you between 20-40%. I was able to get this item directly from Square Trade for $38 and change for an IPod Touch screen. Amazon charges $[...] which is the normal price, but you cannot use the 20-40% off coupons on here. Save a few bucks - buy your item from Amazon, and then go to [...] and buy your extended warranty separately.
88 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2010
My daughter took her iPod touch to school in her backpack and a friend threw her backpack, breaking the iPod screen. The iPod also would no longer turn on. Thankfully I had an ADH warranty on it. This was my first claim to make with SquareTrade so, even though I had heard great things about them I was worried they would deny my claim. After only a few questions and a day they approved my claim. I sent the iPod in and they put the difference from the deductible into my paypal account.

I also have ADH on 2 iPhones, my other daughter's iPod, and my plasma TV. For items that can break easily or that you want to last longer than the manufacturer's warranty I can't imagine a better investment.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2010
Squaretrade warrenties are more than worth what you pay for them. They are reasonable and have excellent customer service to back them up. I got one for an older ipod classic, it died, and they gave me my shipping label to send it out and I got a full refund of what I had paid for it. I bought a new one and got another warrenty through them because they were hassle free and effective! Would recommend to anyone!
on March 18, 2010
I have to admit I was skeptical when I bought this warranty a WHILE back.I thought I was throwing away 20 bucks. Now, as it turns out, I have had to use it and I am MOST pleased with the handling and payout on the claim. The whole overall process was pretty simple and they kept me informed of each step. I had almost enough (I had to throw in 4 bucks) to replace my daughter's iPod Nano with an iPod Touch. Not only replacement but an upgrade to a new model with very little to almost no hassle! I am going to put another SquareTrade warranty on her new iPod Touch. This outfit is for real and they care about their customers. I am buying all my warranties on my electronics from SquareTrade from now on and telling all my friends too! Thanks SquareTrade!
Chris Bodiford
on March 18, 2010
Square Trade ROCKS!
My iPod stopped taking a charge and the battery can't be changed. I had a cheap warrenty plan with Square Trade and they paid me the same amount I paid for the item. Now I can buy another iPod or just take my money and walk.
Thank you Square Trade!
Bob
on April 27, 2010
I bought a Square Trade Warranty for a MP3/MP4 Video Player that I purchased on e-bay. The MP3/MP4 Player stopped working within a month. I called Square Trade and reported that the unit wasn't working. I was instructed to send the unit in to be evaluated and it would either be repaired or my money refunded that I paid for the MP3/MP4 Player. Square Trade could not repair the unit and the purchase price of the MP3/MP4 Player was refunded back to my Paypal account. I highly recommend Square Trade. They definitely give you the protection that they advertise.
on April 27, 2010
Been using Squaretrade for years and I'm very happy with the quality of the service. The price of the service is very good. I have made a few claims and every time they are handled quickly and professionally with all of my claims being processed in less than 5 days. I would recommend Squaretrade to anyone.
on February 4, 2010
I bought this warranty on a refurbished item with no manufacturers warranty left. I had my doubts, especially at the price, figuring it would turn into a complicated or annoying pain if I ever needed it. I was very wrong. I needed it within just a couple of months of purchase, and I had no trouble having my claim resolved to my complete satisfaction, quickly and without any hassle at all. If the need arrises, I would buy coverage from Square Trade again.
on March 19, 2010
Let me get this out of the way with some facts about my Squaretrade warranties (I have been purchasing for over 4 years):

-> Number of currently active warranty contracts I have with Square Trade: 17
-> Number of claims filed with Square Trade: 12 (5 of which were iPhone related)
-> Number of those claims that Square Trade approved and paid out: 12 (100%)
-> Number of those claims for items accidentally broken/dropped: 4 (All were paid out)
-> Problems I've had filing and receiving payout: ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NONE

If you value your items, especially electronic ones that are really expensive; (iPhone = really expensive to replace), laptops, iPods, MP3 players, LCD TV's, Video Game Consoles, etc... I am 100% confident that Square Trade has got me covered.

Before I used to buy extended warranties from CompUSA, Apple Care, AT&T, Best Buy, Sears, Circuit City, you name it!! After spending hard earned $$$$$$ to protect my items from these retailers you'd think that they would provide hassle free service when replacing your items. But sadly no that is not the case. Every single one of those mentioned above I have done a claim or two and for every one, I have been hassled, jerked around, questioned, doubted, and even worse, REJECTED on my claims that they PROMISED to give me if something happened.

HANDS DOWN, SQUARE TRADE IS THE MOST HASSLE FREE EXTENDED WARRANTY COMPANY I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

The stats above are all true. I have never had a single hassle with a claim. Pretty much 100% of the process is done online; warranty purchase, tracking, claims, and even canceling a warranty. If you're not comfortable with that, even their customer service is top-notch. Worried about pricing? Square Trade FREQUENTLY provides coupons via email to get discounts on their ALREADY LOW prices!!

Square Trade is my ONE STOP warranty company. The items that I've mentioned that are covered by them come from a huge list of stores; Amazon, eBay, Best Buy, Apple Store, AT&T, Sears, Gamestop, and so on. As long as you can provide a receipt (electronically too!) you can have it covered. Also recently Square Trade made it even easier by giving customers the option of sending receipts via email instead of fax.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a salesman, but I love Square Trade that much!! I can go on and on about how easy they are to deal with, their affordable prices, streamlined claims, and great customer service. You have nothing to worry about here. Nobody wants anything they buy to break (except the iPhone, they seem to ALWAYS break, accidental or not!) but the piece of mind you experience when doing that first claim with them will turn you into a believer as well.

Honestly, give it a try!! What do you have to lose? You can even cancel your warranty and get a full refund if you don't think you want it (within the time policy of course). I even cover gifts I bought for friends and family. If you're like me, you care about your stuff and don't have wads of $$$$$$ to just replace things like candy, then you owe it to yourself to give Square Trade a try. I hope they make you a believer as well.

P.S. Oh did I mention that Square Trade is a MUST BUY, if you own an iPhone???? Just thought I'd mention. >_<
on August 3, 2011
I wanted a warranty that would cover drops and spills, and just bought one from SquareTrade's website (using a coupon I found online). Here are a couple of the finer points that I found out during my purchase:

- Even though you see a picture of a crushed screen when buying your warranty on their website, I _don't think_ that the basic $42 warranty would cover that. You would need to buy the $38 warranty on top of the $42, giving us an $80 warranty for 3 years. This might be misleading if you're not careful. -

- As a previous poster has noted, it's not too hard to find coupons.

- The warranty doesn't cover damage within the first 60 days of purchase. I didn't see this fine note before I bought the phone and think it's a bit misleading that they don't notify you of this before buying.

- In their defense, they do let you cancel the warranty within the first 30 days for a full refund. And you can cancel anytime thereafter for a prorated discount. That's probably their excuse for not giving you the full details up front, but it's kind of a pain to go back and cancel after you've put in the effort of filling out their forms to get the warranty and then have to fill out forms to cancel it. I'm sure they know it's a pain and that's why they do it that way.

-The legal document they email you after you've purchased the item is 5,055 words long. That's a LOT of reading. Granted, some of it doesn't apply (they provide info that relates to all types of warranties, not just ipods. And all states, not just the one you're in), but it's a pain to wade through the information to get there.

In sum, I wish there were a law that forced these insurance companies to make it easier for normal consumers to understand what they're buying, but I guess this information asymmetry is how they make all of their money...