Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Service plan term: 3 Years|Service plan covered value: $ 400-$450|Change
Price:$50.00+ Free shipping

on January 18, 2011
I own a Squaretrade warranty for all my important items. Items are covered fully, and I've never had an issue when filing a claim
on November 27, 2010
In the process of two warrenties there was no delay or hitch and full value of he items refunded to me. Very happy with service.
on November 24, 2013
My new camera was broken 6 months after purchase. The company said the warranty was up but luckly I had purchased insurance through Square Trade. Within 2 days I had a shipping label to send back the old camera. Within 3 days after that I had a check for the purchase price of the camera. No questions asked.
on February 25, 2012
First time I used this warranty and the service was great. I called to file a clam over the phone and talked with Tiffany. She was excellent. I was able to get my claim processed the same day and received my UPS return label in one hour. Once I dropped the package of at the UPS pick up station, I received a full refund of my original purchase price and I was able to order a new camera.

The service great, fast and friendly. I would recommend Square trade warranty to anyone who is interested in buying a quality and easy to use warranty. SquareTrade 3-Year Accident Protection + Warranty (Electronics $100-125)
on February 14, 2013
I have used Square Trade on a few of my electronics and I have to say I am glad to have purchased this protection plan. The claim process is very simple. If they can fix it, they will get it, review it, and fix it. If not, they will provide you with the same product, or give you the option to select a check, Amazon credit, or Paypal credit for the value you paid for your device.

My digital camera was squashed by a car, and was unusable, and it only took two days from the day I filed my claim for me to get my Amazon credit.

I am upgrading my phone in the next few weeks and will definitely get a Square Trade protection plan for it, since they have excellent coverage.
on February 21, 2013
I purchased a Square Trade Protection Plan for my daughter's camera. Within two weeks her little brother had dropped it and broken the lens. The camera would not work at all! Square Trade was very easy and convenient to use. They allowed me to use my email from Amazon saying the camera had been shipped as proof of purchase. I mailed my camera back to them, and within 10 days I was fully refunded by check. If you choose to be refunded with an Amazon gift card you can get back even more than your purchase price. It was painless and easy. Thanks Square Trade!
on November 9, 2014
I have not had to use this Protection plan yet but really love the idea that I have it in place for three years in case something happens to the camera I bought. Buying items with a choice of accident protection is really great to have.
on December 16, 2011
I bought the Sony Cybershot HX5V last February. I like to buy through Costco because of their warranties and return policy. But because I was ordering through Amazon.com, I wanted to try an additional warranty.

Quick and dirty version of the story is that I enjoyed my camera for about 10 months without worry because I knew Squaretrade had my back. I was out running one afternoon and dropped my camera (while it was zipped up in a soft CaseLogic case) and it severly dented the side of the lense casing. I reported the claim to Squaretrade the following night (took about 5 minutes). They emailed me a pre-paid shipping label. I was lucky that I kept the original box the camera came in, so packaging it up was a breeze (I recommend keeping the original packaging on most electronics if you can).

I took the camera to the UPS store, they put my camera box in a shoe box that I had and filled it with the styrofoam peanuts (it cost be abotu $1). Sent the camera back to Squaretrade, they reimbursed me the full amount that I paid for the camera through Paypal. I was concerned that I would have to forfeit a small % to Paypal for using them on this transaction, but Squaretrade covers all Paypal costs.

Now I have bought a new camera with my reimbursement money. I will also purchase another Squaretrade warranty to protect this new camera.

Give them a shot
on December 8, 2013
Cant really rate it, I purchased and paid for the coverage, it arrived in my email box as was supposed to, I started to set it up with my password and it came up and said this was not the correct email address, I went back to the setup screen and the email address is mine and it was sent to my address and the box is uneditable. I cant change that part if I wanted to.

So I paid for it but they will not let me register, not something I want, what would happen in the future if I have a problem will they tell me I am the wrong person to get it serviced?

Do they have the same programers as Obamacare uses? I will update later if I get a message back explaining what happened to my satisfaction, just very concerned now about what would happen if I do have a claim.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2013
Particularly for electronics which are delicate, it may come in handy. If something does go wrong, then you can recover.