1,194 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good peace of mind at a good price
First let's get this out of the way: you need to understand SquareTrade's warranties to appreciate them, and make appropriate decisions on them. If you understand that the value of the warranty diminishes with your repair claims, then you're OK. The point of the ST warranty is to make sure your computer runs for the duration of the warranty period OR fix or replace it up...
Published on June 12, 2012 by NJP (Ohio)

1.0 out of 5 stars Before you buy, find & read the fine print not on this website
I bought an ASUS netbook in Sep 2009 and also bought the SquareTrade (ST) warranty with accidental damage for 3 years. At just under one year, the battery went dead - netbook shows it is charged, but the netbook will not even turn on with battery. ASUS would do NOTHING and their battery is not even stocked by ASUS. So, I turned to my ST warranty. I submited a claim...
Published on October 3, 2010 by R. Lloyd

1.0 out of 5 stars Computer repair came back NOT repaired, March 7, 2012
My computer screen had a red line running across it and the dvd drive stopped working so I turned to my Square trade warranty and submitted a claim. The process was smooth and convenient, a third party repair company sent me a pre-paid well designed box to ship my laptop to them (2nd day delivery also!) I sent it, it took only about a week to get it back. I was so excited that it had all gone so well....UNTIL...I turned the computer on and the line was still there. Disappointing and I feel a little betrayed and cheated. I called the repair company and they are sending another box and now I'll be inconvenienced for another week (or more if they don't fix it again). I think they should reconsider their contract with the repair company if the repair company can't SEE that there is still a line on the screen that they are supposed to have fixed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Experience, January 10, 2013
I purchased an HP Envy 17 Laptop from Amazon. After a little less than one year, I started having hard drive problems with one of the two drives. I contacted Square Trade and they were not helpful in two respects. First, they said I should use the HP warranty. In fact, they insisted that I use the HP warranty. When I told them I wanted to use them, they next said they didn't have the expertise to properly format the sophisticated hard drives of the HP Envy. Therefore, if they did repair it, I would not get it back in the same condition. What a dissappointment. I contacted HP and they took care of it (although it took awhile). I renewed my HP factory warranty for 2 more years and ate the loss on the useless "Square Trade" warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laptop#`, February 2, 2010
Initiating warranty was simple. Action was rapid. Refund available in less than a week. No hassle just outstanding service. Have purchased additional warranties.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to deal with., August 20, 2012
No problems. Easy does it. Polite friendly people. I would welcome the opportunity to do business with them in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love Square Trade!!!!!, October 12, 2010
I started signing up with Square Trade because of their reasonable prices. I was a bit nervous, since I've only used Best Buy's warranty service and never had tried a mail-in service before, but the difference in price was significant enough to take a chance with it.

I just filed a claim with Square Trade and received astoundingly good service. None of the nonsense that I'm used to from Geek Squad- e.g., waiting for hours at the Best Buy service counter for someone to pay attention to me, then being told the issue isn't covered, or it'll cost extra, it'll take 2-6 weeks to send the unit out for service, etc.

None of that crap when I dealt with Square Trade. To the contrary, I received INSTANT help, yes it's fully covered, INSTANT e-mail labels for the return, great response.

I'll never use Geek Squad again. I'm a Square Trade fan now. Seriously- these guys are the best.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed review, May 2, 2012
Glenn A. Buskirk (Maple Grove, MN USA) - See all my reviews
Laptop Warranty - 3 Year with ADH. The laptop died (wouldn't boot; blank screen) in the third year. Reported the claim to SquareTrade, and they promptly dispatched a shipping box. We sent them the laptop, and we were pleased when it returned to us about a week later. However, on opening the box, we saw that the laptop had been damaged in shipping. I fault the packing, and rough handling. We reported to SquareTrade and the repair depot, and they filed a shipping claim and sent UPS to pick up the computer again. Back it went. Another week or more later, and we received the computer again. Initial symptoms were still there; The computer would not boot. Called SquareTrade and sent it back again. They declared it uneconomical to repair, and offered a replacement laptop worth less than our cashout value, which we refused. Finally, SquareTrade paid the claim..the full purchase price, on a 3-yr old laptop. We got satisfaction in the end, but my son at college was without his computer for >6 wks. SquareTrade's offer of a refurb replacement was a practice they attribute to inferior rivals on their website. SquareTrade's Warranty Specialist should have spent more time advocating for me with their repair depot, and less time trying to manage my happiness through apologies. So our first claim (on 8 warranties purchased) was a mixed result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Lives up to their warranty, June 10, 2010
I purchased a 3 year warranty + ADH for my husband's new laptop last year. He was working at his desk a couple weeks ago and accidentally bumped his coffee over. He panicked as it landed right in his keyboard. I arrived home to find a devastated hubby who was desperately trying to drain the coffee out of his beloved computer. I reminded him that I bought the warranty, but he was skeptical because we've had problems with other companies. Square Trade was awesome! They sent email updates and a shipping label. We packed the laptop and sent it off. I was really hoping that Square Trade would come through so we could replace his laptop. (And so I wouldn't hear "I told you so"). Square Trade sent an email when the laptop was received, another when they confirmed that it was damaged as I claimed, and still another when they were sending the money to his pay-pal account. I just bought a 3yr ADH warranty for his replacement laptop. This was the best warranty transaction I've ever done.

3.0 out of 5 stars Service, August 7, 2012
This is a great product, but the service is very slow, make a claim it's take days for to contract you and then it's like 10 days before you hear back. than they say they send your the price of your products via email, by another company? whats up with this?????? I received notice on July 6,2012 they received my product, it's now August 7,2012, have not received my vocher yet!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor repair, poor customer service with lots of empty promises. Stay away!, June 17, 2014
My laptop was accidentally dropped and had a cracked screen. So I called Squaretrade, the first claim they handled it really quick by sending the box within 2 days. Even though they advertise that the repair will be only within 5 days it took me over a week to get my laptop back. Upon checking my laptop, oh my there's opening on the left screen bezel and when I close and open the screen it cracked again on the top left corner. Whoever performed the repair did a very poor job and it baffled me that it took them 5 days to do a very very poor job like that! I called back and explained. They promised me they will take it back. 1st time, I waited over a week, nothing arrived, 2nd time, they promised me the box will arrive in 2 days, nothing arrive a week later. I called the third time, they kept telling me the same thing. I don't know how Squaretrade got their 5 stars review from, maybe they are all from their own employees but this service is not worth even 1 star for me. They take your money, poorly repair it once, then disappear. This service is really bad and I am a REAL customer so I advise you before purchasing Squaretrade to seriously consider it. Stay away from it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade Warranty First use, January 12, 2010
Bought a refurbished HP laptop and because of concerns I added the Square Trade Warranty. I just had my first experience with Square Trade. I had my DVD fail on my laptop. A phone call to Square Trade and some online troubleshooting they determined that the DVD was bad. I was given the option of sending the unit to them for repair or taking to a local repair shop. As it was a bad DVD and required on screw to replace I did the repair myself. Went to HP and purchase a new replacement DVD player for the laptop. When it arrived I installed and fixed the problem. I then sent Square Trade an electronic copy of my invoice and they immediately refunded me the cost. No problem.

The only thing to be aware of is they need a copy of your original invoice for the product on file, so send this in as soon as you get your computer. They approved the warranty replacement very quickly and without any hassle. Very easy to work with and I will use them on any electronics I purchase in the future. Outstanding service.

Rate and Discover Movies