1,204 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good peace of mind at a good price
First let's get this out of the way: you need to understand SquareTrade's warranties to appreciate them, and make appropriate decisions on them. If you understand that the value of the warranty diminishes with your repair claims, then you're OK. The point of the ST warranty is to make sure your computer runs for the duration of the warranty period OR fix or replace it up...
Published on June 12, 2012 by NJP (Ohio)

1.0 out of 5 stars Before you buy, find & read the fine print not on this website
I bought an ASUS netbook in Sep 2009 and also bought the SquareTrade (ST) warranty with accidental damage for 3 years. At just under one year, the battery went dead - netbook shows it is charged, but the netbook will not even turn on with battery. ASUS would do NOTHING and their battery is not even stocked by ASUS. So, I turned to my ST warranty. I submited a claim...
Published on October 3, 2010 by R. Lloyd

‹ Previous | 137 38 39121 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, fast, and absolutely loving it!, December 3, 2013
This review is from: SquareTrade 3-Year Computer Accident Protection Plan ($1000-1250) (Personal Computers)
This product was very useful as most plans are! I am glad I got this plan because my Optical Disk Drive failed on me and upon submitting my claim, they approved the claim same day and express shipped the packaging to my house so I could pack it up and sent to their repair facility. I was incredibly simple and if you're like me and never used this particular service before, they provided step by step instructions as how to securely pack my laptop and even how to send it back out! seems simple enough but my uncertainty was alleviated once I saw that. From the time it left my house to the time it came back it was no more than a week and if you know anything about systems and warranties, you know that's pretty fast! I would honestly be looking at something, than looking for it. (Meaning: I would rather have it just in case something happened so I wouldn't regret not having it later). This was one of those moments.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dot you I's and cross your T's, December 2, 2013
Clark in Alabama (Mobile, Al United States) - See all my reviews
I Did not have to make a claim on the item insured. Just made a claim on a different item It took two faxes of receipts and three phone calls to get my check. Be sure to keep all receipts for item and warranty. Verify online that the item insured is describer correctly at Square Trade and the serial number is correct.

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade is the way to go!, December 2, 2013
I purchased the accident Protection Plan for my laptop. My son uses it for college. Right as he was prepping for his finals, he spilt coffee in it the lap top. Needless to say, it quit working. I contacted Square Trade. I was notified immediately that my lap top was covered. I downloaded the return label, mailed the lap top back to them and received a check for the full purchase price. This is a great service. We were disappointed to lose the work on the lap top, especially the final papers for school, but you could not have ask for better service. We are getting ready to buy another lap top and you can bet it will have the Square Trade Accident protection plan too! Thank you Square Trade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade - No Brainer!, December 2, 2013
I never purchase a warranty and generally think they are a waste of money. However, I recently - May 2013 - purchased a Chrome Book for my 14 year old daughter. I knew that this device would receive a fair amount of basic abuse and a lot of general purpose use over the next two years of its life. I purchased a Square Trade warranty in anticipation that it was far more likely that I would need to exercise the warranty in a two year period. Well - I gambled correctly. In November 2013 - my daughter reported that the screen was failing and beginning to show strips and other irregularities. I submitted my claim to Square Trade and was instantly acknowledged and informed of the process. I easily updated my original receipt and then packaged up the Chrome Book to return with a pre-paid shipping label (FedEx) and as soon as FedEx accepted the package, the refund certificate was sent to me via email. I redeemed the certificate (Amazon Giftcard) and re-purchased the Chrome Book.

The refund amount was for the full purchase price + shipping of the original Chrome Book. The price since dropped for the Chrome Book - so I was able to get a brand new device for $50 less money. Loved it! Recommend it! I will purchase again for this new Chrome Book....it was just easy and so worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade's praises, December 1, 2013
I am singing Square Trade's praises! Normally, submitting a claim to any warranty has been a major headache, but square trades was unbelievably easy. I just gave them my email address, and they were able to bring up all necessary information to file a claim for my computer. Then they sent me immediately a fedex shipping label. Within a few hours of dropping off my computer, I received a credit for my amazon account, which I chose instead of getting a check, which was also an option. Customer service was excellent and so easy

5.0 out of 5 stars Square Trade - you are a Class Act!, December 1, 2013
SquareTrade 3-Year Computer Accident Protection Plan ($200-300)I purchased a laptop for my son for college. I figured with his luck I'd better take out the Accident Protection Plan (especially after reading the reviews on Square Trade) So I decided on the 3 year Accident PP. Well - that was the best decision I've ever made! After getting a phone call from my son that an alien had invaded his laptop screen (and it was growing). All it took was a phone call to Square Trade.
They explained what was happening to the laptop and that it wasn't worth fixing.
From beginning to end - the process couldn't have gone any better.
My son came home from school for Thanksgiving and we mailed the laptop back to Square Trade (prepaid) and received a check for the price of the laptop within 3 days. The only loss was the price of the plan :)
Square Trade - you are a Class Act!

5.0 out of 5 stars Square trade, November 30, 2013
Square trade provides excellent service. After a year of purchasing my laptop the fan started to act wired. I called square trade and they told me that my laptop was still under manufacture's warranty. However, I could not localize serial number and the manufacturer did not want to take care of the problem. I called square trade again they gave my a choice of finding a local shop or sending my laptop to them, I found a local shop, and after two days of sending my invoice to square trade I got my money back through paypal. Thank you square trade!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Squaretrade laptop service, November 30, 2013
I always have mixed thoughts about buying extended warranties/service plans, as most electronics which survive the basic warranty tend to last till you get tired of them. This time I relented, and bought the 3 year package for a middling laptop that was going to spend about half of it's life in Costa Rica. On my last trip there, one of the USB ports died, and the wireless LAN and wired LAN connections started going bad. Though it was tricky to be sure, since my broadband connection was basically trash. Eventually, I made it back to VA, and the wireless went out again, so off I went to the Squaretrade web site for a repair authorization. That went ok, and a few days later I found myself FEDEXing it off to their repair site. A few days later, it came back completely fixed in all particulars. Best of all, there was no need for a memory wipe, so my tens of thousands of files and dozens of programs all remained intact, as far as my testing has gotten. Put me down as a very happy camper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love SquareTrade..Who doesn't?, November 30, 2013
This is the only plan I get on any electronic device I have. I even choose it over the Apple Care+ for my iDevices. Their service is bar none and I can't recommend them enough. Plus they often send me 30% off coupon for being a loyal customer...

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection and peace of mind., November 30, 2013
Matej (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
I like the option to send my computer in to be fixed or fix it myself and get reimbursed. Being somewhat poor, I opted to send it in, It took about 10 days to return, but those include two weekends (sent in Friday received Monday). The box was a little small for my large laptop (Asus GX-74), but they fixed my fan issue and all works wonderfully now.

I have no complaints, they received my claim Wed, sent out box same day, I got it Thursday and I shipped it out Friday. Whole process was smooth and I could track my computer the entire way.

‹ Previous | 137 38 39121 | Next ›